Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I’m not so sure. I would love to see his potential this season, but the reality is he is replaceable (not to the same standard) and he alone won’t solve any defensive woes we have. I’d sooner lose Wes than Madders. 85 mil is a fee that doesn’t come around often, and another injury could change that quite quickly. 

Yep.  We stumbled along without little Wes last season, as wonderful a player as he is.  An on form Maddison has that little bit of magic in his boots that we probably can't replace.  It is easier to destroy than to create.  

Just now, jonny_wright said:

20% of the full fee or 20% of the profit? It's usually the latter, which in this case would be around £10m if we bought him for £30m and sold him for a £50m profit...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Yep.  We stumbled along without little Wes last season, as wonderful a player as he is.  An on form Maddison has that little bit of magic in his boots that we probably can't replace.  It is easier to destroy than to create.  

We were bloody terrible without wes last season. Could do with keeping both this season and let wes go next summer. 

• Like 3

Still have a funny feeling he'll leave closer to deadline day. Chelsea eventually stump up the cash, his final game with us is Southampton, and his first game for Chelsea is against us, ironically. 

And he'll probably score from a corner in that game too. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Still have a funny feeling he'll leave closer to deadline day. Chelsea eventually stump up the cash, his final game with us is Southampton, and his first game for Chelsea is against us, ironically. 

He will score. As the lamp post will have lost his man at the corner. 

19 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’s not for sale this window. Brendan has already said he’s not for sale, he’s contracted to 2027 and his value isn’t decreasing. He will most likely go next summer but not now. 

Rodgers doesn’t decide who we sell. Rudkin  and the board do. Rodgers said the same about Chilwell about 2 weeks before he was sold.

I think it’s quite likely he’ll go, much more likely than Maddison leaving.

Edited by Sampson

22 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Rodgers doesn’t decide who we sell. Rudkin  and the board do. Rodgers said the same about Chilwell about 2 weeks before he was sold.

I think it’s quite likely he’ll go, much more likely than Maddison leaving.

Maddison wants a new contract and to be valued as a top player, I think we’ll offer him that, I think Newcastle is a risk as they will use and dispose of players as they try to climb the ladder. Newcastle is a sideways step with added risk. I don’t think the club can afford to lose fofana unless the fee is huge and I don’t think Chelsea will pay it. Youri may for a smaller fee than we’d like and hopefully we guarantee Praet regular first team football

Shows that we have strong leadership at the club and if any club think we’ll let valuable players leave to another prem side cheap, then they are truly mistaken. 

We’re not the zebra, but a wounded animal that still has plenty of fight left. 

They play to our beat, not theirs 

5 hours ago, weller54 said:

The zebra represents LCFC.😢

Screenshot_20220803_232323_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_34490634805152.jpg

Edited by fox_favourite

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 hours ago, StanSP said:

You're probably right, however I'm convinced there's something a bit amateurish going on at Chelsea. They're linked to everybody and currently not getting anyone.

Genuinely think of Colwill goes to Brighton the chances of this drop considerably. Club need a replacement and one of the things that makes this plausible is Chelsea holding our number 1 centre back target.

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

With talk like this, you’ll upset the “everything is wonderful” brigade..

• Haha 2

There's a perspective that sees the "big clubs" as trying to rip us off, destabilise us, pick our bones, etc. Even BR talked about not letting 'them' intimidate us. I don't see it like that. I think you ought think of scale.

All clubs want to get the best players that they can afford. Chelsea are no different to anyone in that. Obviously, if you have more money (or access to) then you can afford both to spend more on a player, and buy more players.

All clubs know what they can spend (and FFP comes in to this too) and buy accordingly. Forest have shown the flexibility and freedom offered by having more spending room (if I can put it like that) with both access to the funds that Prem earnings allow, and now higher limits and previously low championship wages. They've got fields of space to play and have romped!

No club has an agenda to knobble another club (other than on the pitch)... though I do wonder about Arsenal's supposed interest in Youri... and Newcastle buying Wood could be seen as a 'two birds with one stone' masterstroke. In general, clubs just try to do the best for themselves. 

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You're probably right, however I'm convinced there's something a bit amateurish going on at Chelsea. They're linked to everybody and currently not getting anyone.

Genuinely think of Colwill goes to Brighton the chances of this drop considerably. Club need a replacement and one of the things that makes this plausible is Chelsea holding our number 1 centre back target.

Neville was talking about this recently. They got rid of the entire recruitment setup after the takeover and the main man seems to want to make a name for himself. Just going after players they see might be available as other clubs have an interest already 

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yeah appears a total mess behind the scenes there. The new owner has no concept how a free market within a sport works. Bizarre how they keep getting deals agree and then fail on packages - which suggests cash rich but don’t want a whopping wage bill. 

Throw in an absolute daft move here with Colwill knocking on to their current CB target. 

As a club in their transfer deals, they can be summed up in how they let Lamptey and Livramento go, then throw a bid in for Walker-Peters!