Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Even at £85 million we aren’t doing great out of this. Best part of £40 million to buy the guy, 15% on profit back to former club, 85% of profit to us, inflated prices for any replacement. Only £100 million plus makes any sense. 

Fair comment all be it he helped us win the FA cup and qualify for Europe.  So it's not a straight maths equation. 

Edited by The whole world smiles

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

Fair comment all be it he helped us win the FA cup and qualify for Europe. 

That’s gone and any money generated isn’t helping us now. I meant purely in terms of the transfer, but I do take your point. 

2 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Yeah, the denial is unreal. Too weak to face the coming pain. Fingers in ears screaming lalala.

What's the point in worrying and throwing toys out of the pram on something you can't control. Lived through a lot worse having been a Leicester fan for 25 years. Social media and the media themselves promote a lot of information and opinions that are far from gospel yet people take it as credible and get upset lol

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Mahrez still did his stuff on the pitch for all his sulking. 

In the season after the title win , he dropped to six goals, disappeared during matches , missed penalties and generally underperformed badly.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 1

I think it will be a case of keeping Madders and selling Wes. Just got a feeling Madders wants to stay (probably with improved contract). 

We need to squeeze every penny out of chelsea though.. Enough to give madders improved contract, new young CB and RW.

• Like 3

Callum Hudson Odoi is the type of player I think Brendan would like to work with. Young player who had/has plenty of potential which he hasn't realised yet. The challenge of making him realise that potential I think would interest the coaching staff here. I dont know if that is a good thing for us I've never really been impressed watching him. 

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

In the season after the title win , he dropped to six goals, disappeared during matches , missed penalties and generally underperformed badly.

You may want to get your facts right he dropped 11 (17>6), and Vardy also dropped 11 (24>13) the whole team struggled that season.

Like Vardy, Mahrez bounced back the next season with 12 PL goals, and 12 assists. 

• Like 3

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The language from the club is different here than it was for Maguire. Then it was "there's a valuation to be met" etc now it's "not for sale". Not overly bothered either way as it'll take £100m plus imo for us to sell this summer.

Money next year would be better, we free up a lot of dead wood contact wise and a big fee for Fofana would give us a war chest to rebuild with. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

You may want to get your facts right he dropped 11 (17>6), and Vardy also dropped 11 (24>13) the whole team struggled that season.

Like Vardy, Mahrez bounced back the next season with 12 PL goals, and 12 assists. 

I said he dropped to six goals from seventeen. In a few of those games in a bad season I admit , he was terrible. Nothing annoys me more with a player of his talent is what seems like deliberate underperformance. For the record I don't think Wesley Fofana would ever do that.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I said he dropped to six goals from seventeen. In a few of those games in a bad season I admit , he was terrible. Nothing annoys me more with a player of his talent is what seems like deliberate underperformance. For the record I don't think Wesley Fofana would ever do that.

Apologies, misread your post 

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Where's the source/s that he wants to go?

Romano says he's been told he wants to go, and I guess how he's behaved on social media suggests he wants the move. 

I think he would prefer to go as well but we hold all the cards here, and it's been reported if he doesn't get the move, he's happy to stay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Disastrous if he goes now. No time to rebuild and all the defensive frailties come back. Makes us a bottom half club at best. I hope and expect Top knows that and will not entertain anything this summer 

13 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Romano says he's been told he wants to go, and I guess how he's behaved on social media suggests he wants the move. 

I think he would prefer to go as well but we hold all the cards here, and it's been reported if he doesn't get the move, he's happy to stay. 

He may well want to go I don't know but has anyone else noticed whenever a player is linked with a move at the moment to a club that is popular with the media journos always immediately say the player wants the move. I think most of the time they are just guessing/ making it up/ saying it because they want it to be true. 

16 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

That is probably a safe bet to be fair, as why would he not want to go to a club that usually plays in the ECL?   :dunno:

Unless he actually making public shows of discontent (Do not count social media prank platforms) then we should have no immdiate concerns

(social media gets given WAY WAY too much credibility, and it proliferates itself with these ITK's just lazily quoting each other)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Life teaches us that we can't always get what we want when we want. He's a tremendous prospect and there's no doubt he could be heading to the very top and that will no doubt require a move at some stage. However, whilst I'm sure our club won't stand in his way indefinitely, he will have to understand that the timing has to be beneficial to both parties and he seems reasonable in that sense. Now however, is not that time. In any case, I think he's worth better than Chelsea anyway, particularly as their future under new owners is far from clear.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

That's a safe guess from Romano and mostly probably true that he would want the move. However, it only becomes an issue for the club if he really tries to force the move. He may want the move but has accepted he'll be here for another season and hopefully that's the case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NasPb said:

I don't believe any of this. Fabrizio ain't a strong source 

Certainly not any source from our club’s side. Ultimately the club will have their stance on all this and knowing how they’ve operated previously I’m confident they’ll be making sure Chelsea pay a huge amount otherwise he’ll remain a LCFC player. So these low ball games in the media won’t be influencing anything our club decide. 

Edited by Lesta Legend
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

He can want the move without being impatient. As long as he's cracking on, being professional and performing well then it's fine.

Of course he wants the move, it'd be a significant step up for the lad. It doesn't mean he's being unprofessional about about it and kicking up a fuss though.

Exactly. 99% of the squad would want a move to Chelsea. Doesn’t mean he won’t be professional and moan if Chelsea doesn’t match out valuation.

59 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Bit like the rest of the team that season. He was still superb throughout his time despite his tantrums.