Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Because he wants to be somewhere where he has a good chance of playing regularly like he would with us rather than stay at Chelsea where he is going to end up being about 6th choice?

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Because he'll walk in to the starting line up of a top 8 club who in the last 7 years have won trophies, played in Europe multiple times, pay the most in wages outside the big 6, have the best training facilities in the world. 

He's made it very very clear he's not going to remain at Chelsea unless they play him regularly, he joins a host of Chelsea academy players that firmly believe their best move is to leave ASAP and then forge a career elsewhere.

I think he only starts in a three - certainly to begin with 

of course with barnes our only winger that could be happening a lot ! 

Fofana on his current trajectory is certain to be top 5 world centre backs and He’s got about 12 years left of absolute prime playing time to go. Even if we set the bar at £120 Million right now is still a steal in the long run for a club that keeps him. That’s 10 Million a year for a world class player. I can see why we won’t sell.

Edited by les-tah

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Could still happen, but Chelsea would have to dig very deep. 

No matter what we have said, there will be a magic number.

I'm sure there is but my guess is its defiantly £100 m + as we apparently rejected £60 m out of hand and just said not for sale not if you pay more you will get him which suggests they are no where close to what we value him at

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Promising him we'd listen to fair offers next summer onwards is stupidity at its finest. We have a huge amount of players out of contract next summer and will have to be the rebuild thst we assumed would heavily start this summer. To lose another of our best players at that time either by being pressured to sell cheaply than we'd like because we're played or even for a big fee, knowing we'll then be absolutely hammered on transfer fees for the large amount of incomings.

The sensible play is to goad Chelsea in to a huge fee this summer with Colwill as part of it. Line up the right winger we want and execute the deals. We can then afford to let some of our fringe players go on loan or permanently at fees lower than we'd have liked, knowing we now have the flexibility to start the clear out a year earlier.

Any further additions or contract renewals for Soyuncu and highly unlikely Tielemans are easier to do in this environment than right now.

So to confirm - sell Fofana this summer. £70m + Colwill 

Great post Ric

Makes a lot of sense that 

49 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Chelsea would be right to exercise caution if they are going to be prepared to spend the sort of sum we expect. Let's face it, we rate him very, very highly but he's still somewhat unproven in the Premier League. Last season was a right-off but this is the one that will show the world how good he really is. If he has a bad, or even average season, we'll be slapping our own faces for not taking the money. It's all a high stakes gamble. 

I wonder what their insurers would say about this deal, given the horrendous injury he suffered only 12 months ago and the fact it might be wise to give him more time to see if he is going to get back to his pre-injury strength? We took a big chance with a 5 year deal that’s for sure!

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I wonder what their insurers would say about this deal, given the horrendous injury he suffered only 12 months ago and the fact it might be wise to give him more time to see if he is going to get back to his pre-injury strength? We took a big chance with a 5 year deal that’s for sure!

He who dares wins?  Ok, no club shoukd be reckless ... but are ecoeriebce of working with him and kkowledge of his in ury should have derisked things.  Hiring doneone new is always a risk

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Promising him we'd listen to fair offers next summer onwards is stupidity at its finest. We have a huge amount of players out of contract next summer and will have to be the rebuild thst we assumed would heavily start this summer. To lose another of our best players at that time either by being pressured to sell cheaply than we'd like because we're played or even for a big fee, knowing we'll then be absolutely hammered on transfer fees for the large amount of incomings.

The sensible play is to goad Chelsea in to a huge fee this summer with Colwill as part of it. Line up the right winger we want and execute the deals. We can then afford to let some of our fringe players go on loan or permanently at fees lower than we'd have liked, knowing we now have the flexibility to start the clear out a year earlier.

Any further additions or contract renewals for Soyuncu and highly unlikely Tielemans are easier to do in this environment than right now.

I agree, but as with Cuccurella, the Colwill deal involves a firm buy back clause. I feel like we cant win signing a young lad like him, if chelsea always have the power to get him back if he turns out good.  Its a major concern for me. 

Lets just say we get back to our absolute best are cruising in 3rd place... chelsea can just destabilize us in january.  The fact 2 of their 3 cbs would be near retirement just makes it more likely that this happens eventually if the shows the promise we all hope he would. 

Yes we make a nice little profit but I prefer to have the power. 

Edited by Lambert09

54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think he only starts in a three - certainly to begin with 

of course with barnes our only winger that could be happening a lot ! 

If he's included in the Fofana deal then he will start alongside Evans. Not a chance we go with Amartey or Vestergaard and given Soyuncu's contract status and Rodgers demoting him to 4th choice, he is unlikely to be trusted either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Nonsense. I wanna be entertained first. 

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Now they have Cucurella I don't think they will push this but wait and see how he performs this season. You don't spend that sort of money until you can be pretty confident you are getting value for money. They have spent a fortune on misfiring forwards lately so I expect them to be careful. If Fofana stays fit, gets a solid 7-8 out of 10 most matches and gets his first full cap , £80 to 90 million is in the ball park.

They haven't got Cucurella though, not yet, as per Brighton's statement last night.

We need to build this team, with the departing players next season with our youth and prestige players such as KDH and Daka (and maddison assuming he'll agree a new deal with a sell on in 2-3 years). Ric is right, we can't offload our core/youth/talented crop, for any amount of money especially whilst we are in a delicate position as it is. . 

When the time is right with experienced and experienced fringe players and we can sell to buy then great but we aren't in a position to do that imo. 

I don't beleive that looking at what is going wrong will do any good. Right now I beleove next season will the key for adding the quality RB/CB/ACM with the offloading of the players who have no contracts left/and or player sales.

• Like 1

Couldn't we just swap Forfana for Pulisic, Gallagher and Colwell.

Centre back replaced, Tielemans replacement in time and a winger we need.

It's a difficult one because if he has a good season and other clubs come in next summer, we could get 90-100m, if he did happen to have a bad season then suddenly that changes.

Think he'll get some caps by next summer putting all of Europe on notice.

3 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

It's a difficult one because if he has a good season and other clubs come in next summer, we could get 90-100m, if he did happen to have a bad season then suddenly that changes.

WOT WAJE PROBLUM?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

Please can someone summarise exactly what's happened? Has anything actually been said or it is this all wild speculation? 

It’s all fairly wild although Chelsea have made a £62 million bid. Rejected. 

If they come in with £100 million cash up front, it might be a goer and only at that level would it make any sense. 

Other option would be £80 million and Colwill, but I still think that values Levi too highly. 

Chelsea are going to have to push the yacht out if they really want Fofana. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

I guess we could say to Pulisic, Gallagher and Colwell, "we can't pay you now but we can give you this mouldy glove shaped cake... it's not been used!"

9 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

Colwell wouldn't be an adequate Fofana replacement in the short term + plays as a left sided CB, meaning Evans or Cags would have to play on their unnatural side. Colwell would be one to develop for the future, gradually increasing his game time (if good enough) while phasing Evans out when he really starts to decline

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

It’s all fairly wild although Chelsea have made a £62 million bid. Rejected. 

If they come in with £100 million cash up front, it might be a goer and only at that level would it make any sense. 

Other option would be £80 million and Colwill, but I still think that values Levi too highly. 

Chelsea are going to have to push the yacht out if they really want Fofana. 

Thanks for this. I read something about Wes writing something on social media that people interpreted as him wanting to go, but I couldn't find anything...?