Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

8 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

I just hope that Fofana keeps his head down and doesn’t start getting the arse when we reject offers we deem unacceptable. Hope he doesn’t slap a transfer request in.

I have no worries with that , Wes loves competition , as soon as he gets on the pitch he is entirely focused on getting the job done as well as he can.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

So to confirm - sell Fofana this summer. £70m + Colwill 

This is it though isn`t it, a point people don`t want to hear - sell to buy, plug multiple gaps, go again

If you want to sell to proliferate your model, a model that has brought great success, then you have to sell at a price that is tolerable to the buyer, and no this doesn't mean like a fiver, it means the the maximum price you can practically get without driving the buyer elsewhere.

I have come around to the idea of him going as a smart move, assuming we get this maximised price

People quoting over 80m is just fan talk and in no way indicative of a cost we could achieve IMHO

Also doubt we would get Colwill with a buyback

Anyway, back to the naughty step

• Like 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

70m and Colwill with no buyback would be fine by me.

We don't get Colwill with no buyback in my view. Chelsea won't play him but they see the potential. I think a buyback is okay only on the basis the amount is large, and somehow index-linked; which is to say it must enlarge as the value of trasnfers does.

• Like 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

70m and Colwill with no buyback would be fine by me.

75m and Colwill plus obligation to take Vestagaard for 8m after Wes has played 10 games for them, would be fine by me.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Colwill wants the move apparently, but that's 4th hand so take it with a pinch of salt, but told he starts.

The three hands in front of you are probably wishful thinking. I'm sure the lad wants to progress quickly but he plays for Chelsea and he must have known this would take time. However, Chelsea have given a chance to most of their outstanding academy players in the the last few years and if he is patient , he will get his.

Any sort of buy back would be terrible has we could get screwed again sometime in the future. A sell on clause for Wes is a must. He will move again in 2-3 years to a Spanish Club.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No chance, its a terrilble deal for Chelsea - suppose we could hope they channel their inner Man Utd  

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

We don't get Colwill with no buyback in my view. Chelsea won't play him but they see the potential. I think a buyback is okay only on the basis the amount is large, and somehow index-linked; which is to say it must enlarge as the value of trasnfers does.

Yeah I don't think they'll do it either, likely to be 55m and Colwill. Think I'd probably even take 50m and Colwill with no buy back.

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

75m and Colwill plus obligation to take Vestagaard for 8m after Wes has played 10 games for them, would be fine by me.

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

What if we want to buy Fofana back at some point?!

Now you're just being silly ;)

The thing is, Fofana takes us from a mid table team to a European contender, he is that good. Of course we would need a squad capable of challenging for Europe along side him but he can make a lot of difference (see last season). However, if we need cash now/reduce wages, then we have a fantastic opportunity to get a good deal if it can be agreed. Fofana swaps for Colwill and £55-60m (if we can squeeze that). As above, even £50m plus Colwill would be a good deal.

We would have Soyuncu, Evans with Colwill/Amartey as back up and Vestergaard an emergency. That is still a solid backline and I think Soyuncu still has a lot to offer. Fofana is world class and if he doesn't leave this season it will be next or the one after latest, he simply is too good for us.

So if we can get a good deal now with a CB (e.g. Colwill) coming to us as part of the deal, then that is fantastic business.

If we had stacks of money I wouldn't be happy of course as we should stik it out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Weller 7 said:

Why would we  sell Fofana for under 100m. By the end of next season he’ll be worth way more than that, with a number of the big boys begging for his signature.  We need to hold our nerve now. 

I guess it all depends how desperate we are for cash/freeing up wages right now. By the sounds of things we need to get rid of one more. I would feel more comfortable letting a CB go than our most creative attacking player Maddison. Even though Fofana is a class above everyone else, a Soyuncu/Evans partnership is not too shabby.

6 hours ago, filbertway said:

He can want the move without being impatient. As long as he's cracking on, being professional and performing well then it's fine.

Of course he wants the move, it'd be a significant step up for the lad. It doesn't mean he's being unprofessional about about it and kicking up a fuss though.

...that information surely takes a few millions off the price tag!!!

If teams push hard enough and does not match our price, if the player wishes to go next season then he will push for it. The players needs become paramount and the club will have to cope with a player unhappy to be here.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No chance, its a terrilble deal for Chelsea - suppose we could hope they channel their inner Man Utd  

But it would have to be a deal weighted in our favour to get him otherwise why would we entertain selling him?  We hold all the cards, long contract, don't need to sell etc.  In a way its similar to the Ghezzal deal in which Fenherbace held all the cards and we had to accept a terrible deal rather than keep him on the books and not playing.

Personally, I'd rather just fermez the bloody fenetre and go with what we have.  No point in selling a proven asset in order to but unproven ones and his value will likely increase next year.

3 minutes ago, Weller 7 said:

Why would we  sell Fofana for under 100m. By the end of next season he’ll be worth way more than that, with a number of the big boys begging for his signature.  We need to hold our nerve now. 

People keep saying that but who is splashing that for him?

Real Madrid Record fee : Hazard €115 M. Record for a defender : Militao €50m

Barca : Dembele €140m Def: Kounde €50m

Atletico : Felix €127m Def: Hermoso €25m

PSG : Neymar €222m Def: Hakimi €67m 

Bayern : Hernandez €80m

Juve : Ronaldo €117m Def: De Ligt €87m 

In terms of Prem teams and defenders :

Maguire £80m 

Van Dijk £77m

Kepa £72m 

Dias £61m

So he'll be worth way more than he is now even though right now people are having him as the most expensive defender ever and at a price that would make him a lot of clubs record signing?

• Like 1

I can definitely see him going for £100M + Chelsea are clearly desperate to get him, so okay on that desperation. 

Not being funny, but he’s probably one of the most talented players I’ve ever seen. What makes him even more impressive is he has walked back from this injury as if it never happened.

However, I think he will stay for one more season with us, let’s face it, the treatment he got to overcome his injury was pretty good. And despite what people think he will remember that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1