Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No idea what the bit in bold is supposed to say, of course we buy them to play football. For Leicester City no less…. 
He is a great player, will get better unless he gets further injuries but we will clearly want to make money on him, it’s only a question of when.

Never said we did want to sell him now, but I can see the logic, it is a model we have followed before, and one where we usually say they are not for sale…..

My point is that he's not ONLY a sellable asset, he's also a very good footballer and we need that right now. 

We've got him contracted for five years, we don't need to rush to sell him and there'll be no shortage of people wanting him. 

Despite the media hysteria, our team is pretty good and we're going in to the new season with one of the better starting 11s in the league. Sure we know we'll sell him eventually but we definitely don't need to now. 

I think we're pretty unwilling sellers unless the offer is silly. 

• Like 1

Let me just wade into this debate, Chelsea left it far too late to try and sign Fofana, likewise Newcastle with Maddison.

Would be naive of us to think we'd have enough time to replace them or strengthen elsewhere before the season starts and however long is left in the window.

All they have done is fed the media, tickled certain fans arse's and possibly turned Maddisons and Fofanas heads.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Promising news when it comes to Chelsea buying Fofana. I expect they thought Azpilicueta would leave but the Barca deal failed to materialise. 

Now what other clubs will try and get Fofana... 

psg... If Mbappe likes him lol  Marseille boy or not, if they came for him he'd get PSG shaved into his head and we'd be seeing posts like this on insta 11 Chase Your Dreams Memes ideas | laugh, memes, chase your dreams

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I know Romano has been having a stinker this summer but the fact he was so sure Colwill was going to be part of the Cucurella deal makes me think that we are so adament about keeping fofana, that weve indicated that adding him wont change our stance. 

They would have to be out of their mind if they have that card and it was a way to get their top target but chose not to use it.  

Or arrogant 

boehly is doing this and he hasn’t got experience 

3 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Let me just wade into this debate, Chelsea left it far too late to try and sign Fofana, likewise Newcastle with Maddison.

Would be naive of us to think we'd have enough time to replace them or strengthen elsewhere before the season starts and however long is left in the window.

All they have done is fed the media, tickled certain fans arse's and possibly turned Maddisons and Fofanas heads.

Maddison’s will be his agent too ….I expect a new deal imminently for him 

fofana is young and naive with his head turned….

loads of time until the window closes so expect a few more twists and turns ….

all the big clubs have done these destabilising tactics for years and NUFC will be no different they are about to move to the next level in investment terms but success will take time….

our model has worked to date but the pandemic and failed European places has undoubtedly made it more challenging whilst brand BR does not help with his public Teflon management…I have faith in the owners but when Kasper and Vardy were to get old we were always going to have a huge challenge - we are facing it earlier than Top expected it but plans will afoot 

be interesting to see if BR is here in November but this season will be a really challenging one but between now and the window closing I expect lots more outs and some ins!!

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Of course we would rather keep him, I don’t want to sell him, but if Chelsea offered 80m for him, would we sell? Should we sell? It’s hardly like selling a prospect is not our modus operandi pre-covid, I just don’t see why putting the club before any single player is a bad thing, because that is what I was considering.

If they offered £80m I'm sure we'd consider it, but weren't you arguing that we had to come up with a compromise deal that made it attractive to Chelsea?

All i'm saying is that we have to squeeze them 'til the pips squeak.  It has to be a deal on our terms that we just couldn't refuse.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Or arrogant 

boehly is doing this and he hasn’t got experience 

If you really wanted to go down the conspiracy rabbit hole, perhaps we did tell chelsea we wanted colwill and they said only if we get fofana. Then as a ploy to call our bluff that we wouldnt sell fofana theyve leaked to fab that he is going to Brighton... to make us worried we are going to miss out on him but still have a player that wants to move to them. Maybe this is the american way of forcing the deal on us as if we are bluffing and genuinely do want to sell fofana now for a big fee, we arent going to let them gift  our replacement to brighton. 

Edited by Lambert09

49 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sure, you just may not get a sale and if your model is as per ours to buy prospect to develop and sell at profit, then it becomes unsustainable to not sell - surely this be must be clear?

We didn’t sell anyone last year either maybe that’s not our main model anymore. We have decided we want to keep our top talent

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

If you really wanted to go down the conspiracy rabbit hole, perhaps we did tell chelsea we wanted colwill and they said only if we get fofana. Then as a ploy to call our bluff that we wouldnt sell fofana theyve leaked to fab that he is going to Brighton... to make us worried we are going to miss out on him but still have a player that wants to move to them. Maybe this is the american way of forcing the deal on us as if we are bluffing and genuinely do want to sell fofana now for a big fee, we arent going to let them gift  our replacement to brighton. 

You’re going to need a very long ladder …..

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

We didn’t sell anyone last year either maybe that’s not our main model anymore. We have decided we want to keep our top talent

Are we sure it was ever a 'model' Perhaps rather than being a ploy, it was simply good business deals at the correct time. Theres not one  of them that didnt make business sense, with the exception of Mahrez who simply had been twerking for a move for quite some time. 

28 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Agree. If you look back, Rodgers basically invited offers for our players. But I’m the same page, we are also not going to be held with a gun to our head especially this close to the season. 

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Are we sure it was ever a 'model' Perhaps rather than being a ploy, it was simply good business deals at the correct time. Theres not one  of them that didnt make business sense, with the exception of Mahrez who simply had been twerking for a move for quite some time. 

No not really to be honest it looked like it was at the time but it could just be what happened/ good business at the time like you say

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

No not really to be honest it looked like it was at the time but it could just be what happened/ good business at the time like you say

I wouldnt say we move in a way that would make the model make sense. Dortmund very clearly buy top young talent with this in mind, they dont overpay for anyone.. we appear to just go for whomever is the best fit for what we need at the time. 

Of course players with resale value makes sense but we pay too much to purely have money in mind. For example Fofana, I dont think you would be gambling on paying 40m for him simply as a good investment... it was because we really wanted him for the team

38 minutes ago, murphy said:

If they offered £80m I'm sure we'd consider it, but weren't you arguing that we had to come up with a compromise deal that made it attractive to Chelsea?

All i'm saying is that we have to squeeze them 'til the pips squeak.  It has to be a deal on our terms that we just couldn't refuse.

We are in agreement I think, I was just suggesting that he isn’t not for sale, only at a price we could live with and assuming some sellers may deem acceptable

24 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

We can hope, we better massively ramp our revenue up then

47 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Maddison’s will be his agent too ….I expect a new deal imminently for him 

fofana is young and naive with his head turned….

loads of time until the window closes so expect a few more twists and turns ….

all the big clubs have done these destabilising tactics for years and NUFC will be no different they are about to move to the next level in investment terms but success will take time….

our model has worked to date but the pandemic and failed European places has undoubtedly made it more challenging whilst brand BR does not help with his public Teflon management…I have faith in the owners but when Kasper and Vardy were to get old we were always going to have a huge challenge - we are facing it earlier than Top expected it but plans will afoot 

be interesting to see if BR is here in November but this season will be a really challenging one but between now and the window closing I expect lots more outs and some ins!!

Will certainly have to justify his £10 Mill a year salary this season that's for sure.

7 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

It’ll be 85m deadline day surely

I think he might go on deadline day too. Some sources saying 80m is the price, which incredibly would mean the two highest price defenders of all time would have been sold by Leicester! lol

Weirdly I am OK about this whole situation. IF we sell him it will be for a monster amount and whilst it would affect this season, that money could be reinvested into the team in the future. Fofana like Tielemans, Kante, Mahrez, etc was always going to leave. He's a top player who would be worth that money and it's a case of when not if. 

• Like 3