Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

A deadline day sale would be a nightmare imo.

Whilst it would set us up for the next few years, the thought of an Evans injury leaving us with Soyuncu, Amarety and Verstergaard until January gives me palpitations 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why would that make a difference?

Lets say we sell him for 80m this season, 45m profit, we have to give his form club 9m.

If it expires next season we would get the whole 45m profit rather than losing 9m. 

Not saying it does expire, but its possible.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

Just now, EnderbyFox said:

A deadline day sale would be a nightmare imo.

Whilst it would set us up for the next few years, the thought of an Evans injury leaving us with Soyuncu, Amarety and Verstergaard until January gives me palpitations 

Justin and Castange can play in a back three, however.

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Lets say we sell him for 80m this season, 45m profit, we have to give his form club 9m.

If it expires next season we would get the whole 45m profit rather than losing 9m. 

Not saying it does expire, but its possible.

There would be no reason for it to expire before the 5 years of his sale contract has passed ???

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think he might go on deadline day too. Some sources saying 80m is the price, which incredibly would mean the two highest price defenders of all time would have been sold by Leicester! lol

Weirdly I am OK about this whole situation. IF we sell him it will be for a monster amount and whilst it would affect this season, that money could be reinvested into the team in the future. Fofana like Tielemans, Kante, Mahrez, etc was always going to leave. He's a top player who would be worth that money and it's a case of when not if. 

My exact thoughts,

it weirdly excites me what next we can do with the money!

6 hours ago, lcfcdamo said:

60 million has got to be some sort of joke like we are going to take anything like that 100 million or go away

Think it's to cause friction between player and club. They want fofana to kick off when he sees a public offer turned down

• Like 1

Just now, Lesta Legend said:

We’ll deal with it the same way we did with Mahrez, the club aren’t amateurs. 

The media didn't help us with mahrez, pundits saying look what he's done for our club, blah blah blah, but with fofana, he owes the club, for giving him a new contract following paying him for a year out. Selling fofana this window can only do the club harm, so huge compensation can only make up for it really

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

The media didn't help us with mahrez, pundits saying look what he's done for our club, blah blah blah, but with fofana, he owes the club, for giving him a new contract following paying him for a year out. Selling fofana this window can only do the club harm, so huge compensation can only make up for it really

Lots of tracking of him liking posts relating to his move so it's not just a media agenda. He's using them as much as they're using their reach. 

Probably best we sell in January. I wouldn't weaken now but I wouldn't keep him around if he's playing the same games as before. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There would be no reason for it to expire before the 5 years of his sale contract has passed ???

Maybe it’s the “initial contract” and the new deal supersedes that, so has been wiped out already?

I have no idea!

3 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Way to show your hand. 27 days left of the window and you’re chucking cash about like that and coming back after every no. I rate the kid and he’s very good, but at some point we’ve got to bleed them like we have done to their ESL cunty mates over the years

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Lots of tracking of him liking posts relating to his move so it's not just a media agenda. He's using them as much as they're using their reach. 

Probably best we sell in January. I wouldn't weaken now but I wouldn't keep him around if he's playing the same games as before. 

He's on a 5 year contract, he can't afford to sulk, like the kane and levy situation, when the windows closed and he's still a leicester player, he'll realise he needs to get his head down and play out of his skin to get the same opportunities next season. 

• Like 4

The press have properly lost the plot on this and so have Newcastle and Chelsea  - 70m for fofana and 40m for Maddison - those 2nd bids don’t even get within 20m of each asking price - really really bizarre and no way we sell for that money - it’s not even like they are bids to be considered

• Like 1