Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

17 minutes ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

Selling Fofana for less then what Maguire went for. No thanks!

Agree 100% - that would be a terrible decision by our Board. Given King Power are a savvy organization, this surely would not be rubber stamped by Top?

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

A deadline day sale would be a nightmare imo.

Whilst it would set us up for the next few years, the thought of an Evans injury leaving us with Soyuncu, Amarety and Verstergaard until January gives me palpitations 

Agreed, not sure why some are ok with it, we have a problem, not only are we an easy touch to selling our best players (big fees or not, we sell up when pressured), we have a habit of doing business very late in the window and it needs to stop.  If we prepared to sell wes, we simply tell chelsea the deadline is the day before the season starts, make your final offer then and if its not high enough then its a no deal.  But instead we will let them keep making new offers and cave last minute leaving the manager's season prep a mess.  Maybe we might not wait until the last minute of the window before signing a replacement this time though.

If we not prepared to sell top needs to make a formal statement.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mozartfox said:

Agree 100% - that would be a terrible decision by our Board. Given King Power are a savvy organization, this surely would not be rubber stamped by Top?

Why is Fofana worth more than the 80m we got for Maguire (not Maguire the player) in your opinion?

16 minutes ago, TheFiveTime said:

Its not even close to what is required. Bizarre. First Newcastle now Chelsea. Makes me think everyone knows something I don't

Exactly this. I said from the get go that the Newcastle/Maddison thig was absurd, but the noise made me temporarily doubt myself. It's as absurd as us bidding for Declan Rice. 

Fofana won't be sold. Simple as. No matter how much he throes his dummy out. It'll be a Kane situation  (at.worst). He owes us a season. And we'll have it. Tough fcking shite.

Chelsea (whose previous regime was pretty straightforward and pragmatic, they paid 15m.over Kante's clause fee, for example) are pissing in the wind here.

19 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

He's on a 5 year contract, he can't afford to sulk, like the kane and levy situation, when the windows closed and he's still a leicester player, he'll realise he needs to get his head down and play out of his skin to get the same opportunities next season. 

I agree entirely with that sentiment. 

However, look at the detriment it had on Kane's season last year. Wrecked it. Fofana, as good as we know he will be, isn't nearly as established or balanced as Kane. Youri has been at half mast last year and I think we won't benefit from having our central defender playing silly beggars all year. 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Why is Fofana worth more than the 80m we got for Maguire (not Maguire the player) in your opinion?

Strange question.

But Fofana is a much prospect due to:  Age, speed, overall skill, better at playing out from the back. Is that enough for you?

Maguire was a cart-horse. No way was he worth 80m. We had their pants down massively. 

• Like 1

Just now, mozartfox said:

Strange question.

But Fofana is a much prospect due to:  Age, speed, overall skill, better at playing out from the back. Is that enough for you?

Maguire was a cart-horse. No way was he worth 80m. We had their pants down massively. 

So he is better than Van Dijk, better than De Ligt? Fans will always distort reality with their own prospects is my point.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Indeed. 80m means they are better than Van Dijk, better than De Ligt….

Fans eh?   lol

Not true 

Fofana’s price reflects that he’s only 21 and the buying club could be selling an asset in three years where the next buying club can sell again at 27.  it makes a difference. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

All this talk of a swap deal.  lol

When was the last time a PL deal went through involving a player swap?  I can't think of any.

Probably Alexis Sanchez and Mkhitaryan is the last I remember in the Prem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Not true 

Fofana’s price reflects that he’s only 21 and the buying club could be selling an asset in three years where the next buying club can sell again at 27.  it makes a difference. 

Hence De Ligt….

Why does everyone bang on about De Light? Don't get me wrong, he's still a quality player but he's barely developed since Ajax and I've seen him have some truly awful games for Juve, genuinely worst than some of Vestergaard's performances. In spite of Juve needing to raise money, there's a reason they sold him at a loss.

Wes is currently the best centre back prospect in world football so the fee we might want, is perfectly reasonable.

• Like 3

Just now, dmayne7 said:

Why does everyone bang on about De Light? Don't get me wrong, he's still a quality player but he's barely developed since Ajax and I've seen him have some truly awful games for Juve, genuinely worst than some of Vestergaard's performances. In spite of Juve needing to raise money, there's a reason they sold him at a loss.

Wes is currently the best centre back prospect in world football so the fee we might want, is perfectly reasonable.

It was a comment on his cost to Juventus, at that point he was regarded much as Wes is now (at least by us) not how he subsequently developed

7 hours ago, Bert said:

The other thing about Colwill is they’re prepared to let him leave to try and sign someone a year older. If he was all that he’d be playing for them, especially with their need for a centre back. 

After signing Iheanacho I'm always wary of elite level clubs selling "their best young talent". They'd sell Iheanacho five years ago but wouldn't have sold Foden.

Iheanacho looked a great signing on the face of it. Great pedigree with being an U17 World Cup Golden Boot winner and was the most prolific striker in PL history on the metric of goals per minute. They only sold him because they thought he would never be good enough for them and they were right.

It's not a hard and fast rule obviously but be wary of elite clubs selling "their best young talent".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So he is better than Van Dijk, better than De Ligt? Fans will always distort reality with their own prospects is my point.

Not necessarily, but you could argue the potential to be as good is there. Contract length and age obviously play a significant part in it also. And for what it's worth, I think a lot of people thought the Van Dijk transfer was pretty excessive at the time, he certainly wasn't as highly rated across the board as he rightly is now.

I think we will maintain a pretty hard line but I think the club would think long and hard about 80m, anything north of that and we would sell I think, but I can't see that happening this year. I do agree with your general point about distortion though. There's no way we'd say no to 100m if someone offered us that, it would be daft.

• Like 2

Guest nathan.

Our asking price should be £100m

With the 20% sell on clause we walk away with around £85m.

If Fofana stays fit and has a good season it will be even higher.

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He might be one day.  Newcastle and Chelsea appear to be the ones distorting reality not me.  We have something they want, we do not want to sell, so stop taking the pi*s. Front up or go away.