Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

He might be one day.  Newcastle and Chelsea appear to be the ones distorting reality not me.  We have something they want, we do not want to sell, so stop taking the pi*s. Front up or go away. 

He may, we all hope so! I suspect the club would look long and hard at offers over 75m though 

Just now, lcfcbluearmy said:

I guess that's why we're planning on expanding the stadium and bringing the hotel in and stuff to try and increase turnover? 

It’s already moving up, so let’s keep it going in the right direction. :scarf:

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
29 minutes ago, Guest said:

Every other centre back in the history of football has gone for less than what Maguire went for

Quite right, and the market has moved on. There are some very good players moving for less money, generally, than they would have done a couple or three years ago.

Even the only top 6 sides aren’t paying record fees at present. Jesus went for what? 45 mill? Haaland was 51 mill.

The only team that are paying mega bucks still is Man Utd. Lisandro for nearly 60 mill and allegedly they are going to pay DeJong’s back pay (c16/17 mill) plus match his 450k per week to get him!

Any fee we accept for Fofana has to be in the current context I think. Ric’s 70 mill plus Colwill sounds about right, not that I know anything much about Colwill 

Edited by Col city fan

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

My exact thoughts,

it weirdly excites me what next we can do with the money!

I'm more cautious in that regard. It's not often you sell a player that good and improve the team. We did well to reinvest the Mahrez money in some other talents but we've never been as good since he and Kante left.

However, it's looking pretty likely that we are going to see a fourth Premier League "era" of the club at the end of the season with so many players gone already and more going. It will need a major overhaul and 70m+ is probably 3 very good players for the squad. I'm not sure we will ever find a CB with as much potential or talent as Fofana in a hurry though! That said, we have a pretty good track record at CB with players like Huth, Maguire, Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana. Sure Vestergaard was a bust, but that was always a panic signing.

I can see the next 3-4 seasons being a bit like the Puel era where we were bang average but developing new young talents for Rodgers to light the touch paper with.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

I'm more cautious in that regard. It's not often you sell a player that good and improve the team. We did well to reinvest the Mahrez money in some other talents but we've never been as good since he and Kante left.

However, it's looking pretty likely that we are going to see a fourth Premier League "era" of the club at the end of the season with so many players gone already and more going. It will need a major overhaul and 70m+ is probably 3 very good players for the squad. I'm not sure we will ever find a CB with as much potential or talent as Fofana in a hurry though! That said, we have a pretty good track record at CB with players like Huth, Maguire, Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana. Sure Vestergaard was a bust, but that was always a panic signing.

I can see the next 3-4 seasons being a bit like the Puel era where we were bang average but developing new young talents for Rodgers to light the touch paper with.

Good points but won’t be Rodger’s imo !!

Guest nathan.
Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm pretty nervous about Sunday. Do we play tielemans and fofana? Without them we're pretty crap. 

Leave Youri out its obvious he head has gone he also needs a reality check.

Wes is a starter all day long.

2 hours ago, TheFiveTime said:

Its not even close to what is required. Bizarre. First Newcastle now Chelsea. Makes me think everyone knows something I don't

These so called offers are most probably a figment of the media's imagination. The same media that still refuse to accept that LCFC are not the same club as in the days when the world was black and white. Perhaps still see us as a club with the status of Cov or Luton Town (no disrespect to Luton) and we should except a smaller than value fee and be grateful. King Power won't be bullied. We are no longer in awe of the Chelsea's of this world. 

Remember Roma offering £30m for Mahrez and then upping it to a staggering £32m :blink:

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

These so called offers are most probably a figment of the media's imagination. The same media that still refuse to accept that LCFC are not the same club as in the days when the world was black and white. Perhaps still see us as a club with the status of Cov or Luton Town (no disrespect to Luton) and we should except a smaller than value fee and be grateful. King Power won't be bullied. We are no longer in awe of the Chelsea's of this world. 

Remember Roma offering £30m for Mahrez and then upping it to a staggering £32m :blink:

Very good post. In Top we trust on this. King Power are indeed a very astute organization.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

What's the point in worrying and throwing toys out of the pram on something you can't control. Lived through a lot worse having been a Leicester fan for 25 years. Social media and the media themselves promote a lot of information and opinions that are far from gospel yet people take it as credible and get upset lol

Who’s throwing toys? 🤔 

4 hours ago, Royston. said:

Let me just wade into this debate, Chelsea left it far too late to try and sign Fofana, likewise Newcastle with Maddison.

Would be naive of us to think we'd have enough time to replace them or strengthen elsewhere before the season starts and however long is left in the window.

All they have done is fed the media, tickled certain fans arse's and possibly turned Maddisons and Fofanas heads.

Naïveté to think £100 million bid for each would not be accepted even on deadline day. Someone comes up with the right money and the deal will be done, whatever the time restraints. 

Sure they have left it late for any sensible negotiation and therefore have put themselves in poor negotiating positions. Their tough luck I’m afraid. Clubs seem to need to be run a little better all round. 

Edited by ARM1968