Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

If its close to eclipses £100m I'll be satisfied.

It'll be tough to take losing a player of his quality and I'll be devastated when he does, but hopefully it means we can progress on making signings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Indeed. 80m means they are better than Van Dijk, better than De Ligt….

Fans eh?   lol

Doesn’t mean they’re better, just shows how much the player is worth to the club. Fofana is on a long contract and is one of the best prospects in Europe and no doubt will be a world class player. We should be looking more for what we got for Maguire.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

It was a comment on his cost to Juventus, at that point he was regarded much as Wes is now (at least by us) not how he subsequently developed

How much they bought him for? But that was from Ajax who have far less money than Premier League teams, was a few years ago and he'd still only played in the Dutch league (I know he'd been great for them in the CL and played for Holland). Those are all factors that weigh in our favour for a bigger fee despite our current situation!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

So he is better than Van Dijk, better than De Ligt? Fans will always distort reality with their own prospects is my point.

Again, I imagine most people are saying it as we don't need to sell and he's only signed a new contract about 5 months ago. If they're desperate then they need to pay way above market value. If they want to risk it and wait till next summer then fair play to them. They'll have a lot more competition though.

I'd be incredibly disappointed with the club if they let him go this summer for anything below £100 million. 

I'd accept £60 million, if they give us Colwill and also take Vestergaard, Choudary, Bertrand and Perez :D

100 mill fair & square other wise chelsea can go shove their desperation elsewhere!

the club have to look at this potential sell and how it will impact them this season.

we will be severely weakened in defence, it’s late in the game to find a good replacement heck we can’t even replace old man evans! So no we the club have to dig in. It’s not about being greedy it’s about being forced to sell a prized valuable key player that we had no intention to sell.

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

Strap yourselves in…. 

That sounds ominous…. Going to go optimistic and say he is out of the game Sunday and you are fearing the hysteria that will generate. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Just now, Jobyfox said:

That’s a great negotiating tactic. Being prepared to pay £85m, but offering lower in the hope we accept? 

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

It’s genius this leaking strategy Chelsea have.  

makes much more sense if you consider that the sun is talking shite

• Like 2

1 minute ago, -sodapop said:

Yep. That’s the only thing that would make sense fortunately. 

it saddens me that I still think we’ll lose Wes though. Too many echoes of the run up to him signing for us 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, -sodapop said:

You can imagine how the call might go:

Chelsea: “Now, we’re prepared to go to £85m but first we’d like to offer you £70m. What do you think?”

Leicester: “Erm…”

• Haha 2