Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

3 minutes ago, ronnup said:

The more I think about this the more it derails our season...if we get 85 mill we need to spend the lot, quickly. Kf we haven't got good deals in place already,  and we may , but if we haven't, we're relegation fodder 

Not sure about relegation fodder, but it’s like last season all over again. There is little chance we were prepared for this after he signed a contract so recently, so not likely we have anyone lined up suitable as a replacement.

Anyone incoming will be a panic buy, assuming Colwill is definitely off to Brighton.

Edited by stu

Losing him at this point would be a huge hit. 

We'll have to buy a new center back that needs to come into the team and settle quickly. If we go for a younger player fitting our recruitment model then thats a big risk. So most likely a Vestergaard type signing. (Feck me that's depressing)

Edited by TommyK

I think a statement from the club on our current situation is long overdue. We have left ourselves chronically vulnerable to losing our best players. I could see the whole spine of the team- Schmeichel, Fofana, Tielemans, Maddison having left by the end of August. There will be little time to find adequate replacements and an expensive and hostile market - no one wants to lose players this late in the transfer window. If we were going to let these players go why not force it to happen earlier? Why the hell is our Head of Recruitment on gardening leave? From last years summer transfer window - the club seems to have completely lost its way. 

• Like 3

Another season screwed before it starts 

even if we pull a rabbit it of a hat before the window shuts, ho one is going to just fit like a glove. That means the first ten games is a struggle and we have three of the top six in august. 

and we simply aren’t going to replace the aggression from the back that wes brings to the side which puts us on the front foot and is essential with the controlled possession brendan employs - bollux! 

2 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

I think a statement from the club on our current situation is long overdue. We have left ourselves chronically vulnerable to losing our best players. I could see the whole spine of the team- Schmeichel, Fofana, Tielemans, Maddison having left by the end of August. There will be little time to find adequate replacements and an expensive and hostile market - no one wants to lose players this late in the transfer window. If we were going to let these players go why not force it to happen earlier? Why the hell is our Head of Recruitment on gardening leave? From last years summer transfer window - the club seems to have completely lost its way. 

the club are not going to make any statements. There may be something from percy in September explaining the ffp impact of uefa’s new rules and how it affected us. 

and the new hor is in gardening leave because that means how it works. Soton would not want a competitor being strengthened during a window. They had the ability to enforce it and they did. 

tbh, if glover has some appropriate targets then he would have told us - nothing can be proven. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

85m rebuilds the total team, we can't say no to that.

Probably gets us two wingers, a midfielder, a centre half and a goalkeeper with the amortisation.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Probably gets us two wingers, a midfielder, a centre half and a goalkeeper with the amortisation.

Where do we find the wages ?

we have around 200k from kasper and wes. Can’t pay 5 players of the standard we need with 200k (unless they’re all under 23 y o and mainly from the continent) 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

we have around 200k from kasper and wes. Can’t pay 5 players of the standard we need with 200k (unless they’re all under 23 y o and mainly from the continent) 

Selling/loaning others will pick up pace as the window moves towards closing

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, st albans fox said:

The out of contracts next year.

Hamza, Soyuncu, Perez, Bertrand. It would enable us to fund some of it this year so we get at least half off the wage bill.

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

…but we can’t register them all. Unless we shift the deadwood, same problem we’ve had all summer.

• Like 1

I think that we would look to include some loans from Chelsea alongside this deal if they have anyone we fancy and they will pay most of their wages

That solves two problems for us that are v pressing for this season - players and wages. 

of course these may not get done immediately as we still have to get some of our own out before the window shuts but there could be agreements made now to be completed later in august 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, stu said:

…but we can’t register them all. Unless we shift the deadwood, same problem we’ve had all summer.

We can register them. It just means we leave dome current players out.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I think that we would look to include some loans from Chelsea alongside this deal if they have anyone we fancy and they will pay most of their wages

That solves two problems for us that are v pressing for this season - players and wages. 

of course these may not get done immediately as we still have to get some of our own out before the window shuts but there could be agreements made now to be completed later in august 

Sarr is more than likely I'd say, perhaps Kennedy?

The out of contracts next year.

Hamza, Soyuncu, Perez, Bertrand. It would enable us to fund some of it this year so we get at least half off the wage bill.

i asked the question  in the ffp thread about just how much wriggle room we get based on the 600k per week wage saving next summer brings (that’s all nine btw). Remember that 2024 sees the ratio drop from 90 to 80% 

Edited by st albans fox

Even in best ever case scenario and we got a like for like replacement for Wes (best in the world youngster centre back) he cost us 35m… after paying the sell on clause to SE we’re left with £40m.

To get 2 wingers, a centre back and a goalkeeper… no chance the squad gets improved with that

If they pay the £85m then fair enough. The 2 most expensive defenders in world football will have been bought from Leicester City! Imagine thinking that 10 years ago, 

Of course I want him to stay but every player has his price and a world record fee appears to be his 

Edited by Staffs Fox
  • Like 2