Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Just now, st albans fox said:

i asked the quantum in the ffp thread about just how much wriggle room we get based on the 600k per week wage saving next summer brings (that’s all nine btw). Remember that 2024 sees the ratio drop from 90 to 80% 

I imagine as these ratios begin to drop, we might see a rise in revenue genertation streams

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Even in best ever case scenario and we got a like for like replacement for Wes (best in the world youngster centre back) he cost us 35m… after paying the sell on clause to SE we’re left with £40m.

To get 2 wingers, a centre back and a goalkeeper… no chance the squad gets improved with that

Amortisation is your friend

20 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Losing him at this point would be a huge hit. 

We'll have to buy a new center back that needs to come into the team and settle quickly. If we go for a younger player fitting our recruitment model then thats a big risk. So most likely a Vestergaard type signing. (Feck me that's depressing)

I just hope that all this transfer regarding little wes does not affect his game ,we need him to be focused, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We can register them. It just means we leave dome current players out.

That’s the whole problem though isn’t it and that’s the reason we haven’t signed anyone so far. We have a bloated squad we can’t add to.

So we aren’t going to sell Wes and sign 4-5 players with the money without making room for them, from a wage point of view.

We might lose lots of wages next summer, but that doesn’t help us for this season.

Even in best ever case scenario and we got a like for like replacement for Wes (best in the world youngster centre back) he cost us 35m… after paying the sell on clause to SE we’re left with £40m.

To get 2 wingers, a centre back and a goalkeeper… no chance the squad gets improved with that

We don’t just receive the profit though - we have 70m+ into the kitty if we sell for 85m 

we won’t buy five players though! 

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Anyone else just think what's the point anymore lol 

You get someone good, someone will poach them soon enough. you get someone shit, you can't get rid of them.

This isn't fun anymore. 

Yeah personally. 

Does make me think of not being so emotionally invested and just turn up every two weeks forget to look at the table. 

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Anyone else just think what's the point anymore lol 

You get someone good, someone will poach them soon enough. you get someone shit, you can't get rid of them.

This isn't fun anymore. 

Not for me, being competitive in the face of so anti-competitiveness makes me super proud of this club   :scarf:

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

We don’t just receive the profit though - we have 70m+ into the kitty if we sell for 85m 

we won’t buy five players though! 

We'd need others to go but a big transfer fee would enable it. There's players lined up, have been all summer.

3 minutes ago, John rayner said:

I just hope that all this transfer regarding little wes does not affect his game ,we need him to be focused, 

He isn't playing this week, or against Arsenal I'd say. His next game might be Chelsea...but who for 😶

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sarr was going to Monaco …. I’m sure he’d prefer woodhouse eaves !  

I'm genuinely biased when I say this but give me woodhouse eaves over monaco any day of the week. Monaco is my hell on earth.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Is it Bednarek? Its Bednarek isn`t it! I ******* knew it......:mad:

I don't think so. The general theme seemed to be young and upcoming.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We'd need others to go but a big transfer fee would enable it. There's players lined up, have been all summer.

We can’t have been lining up any quality centre back all summer because 1) we haven’t had the money 2) we haven’t been planning on selling our best centre back to pay for it

right?

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Genuinely intrigued to see if colwill actually goes to brighton. Theres something about the Cucurella story that doesnt add up for me.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

We can’t have been lining up any quality centre back all summer because 1) we haven’t had the money 2) we haven’t been planning on selling our best centre back to pay for it

right?

Weve wanted a centre back all summer, we've just been waiting to acquire the funds.