Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

3 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

I'd argue £36m for a player that's about to be become the world's most expensive defender after only 18 months (most of which he's been injured) is cheap. To be honest it doesn't really matter what the outlay is if you're making circa £40m profit in 18 months.

I’m pretty sure there’s a sell on clause for St E so the profit may not be all ours. Norwich are similarly licking their lips about Maddison going to Newcastle. 

Just now, Stevosevic said:

He’s only played 50 games for us.

if he leaves for 85m that will be a million profit for every appearance I think 😂

Could turn a much bigger profit on the books if we held onto him for another year.

9 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Nope. Come to terms with that a long time ago no point anything like this, out of your control, effecting you whatsoever - annoying as it (the timing FFS) is I love the owners and trust they’ll do the best for the club. I’ll keep going no matter what. 

For this amount of money it allows us to continue to progress as a club. 

This what I (trying to) say yesterday and got such pelters  lol

Returning to this way of working for our cub, the way that worked so well should be a sense of hope not despair - despite losing a quality player

So many on here trying to talk our best players out of the door. If we start the season badly ,where are they going to put the blame? The blame game is starting early this year but predictably the screaming for Rodgers's head will be centre stage - again. I will be quite happy now for our current squad to give us another season , they are more experienced and easily capable of a decent season.

• Like 4

Just now, An Sionnach said:

So many on here trying to talk our best players out of the door. If we start the season badly ,where are they going to put the blame? The blame game is starting early this year but predictably the screaming for Rodgers's head will be centre stage - again. I will be quite happy now for our current squad to give us another season , they are more experienced and easily capable of a decent season.

It will be a carbon copy of last year except we won’t have Wes coming back at the end of the season. People spent the whole season moaning at Rodgers cause we weren’t in the top 6 despite us not having anywhere near our best defence playing..

this season the defence is gonna take a massive hit if we sell fofana and we ain’t gonna get near top 6 and the same people will be moaning again. 

5 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

I’m pretty sure there’s a sell on clause for St E so the profit may not be all ours. Norwich are similarly licking their lips about Maddison going to Newcastle. 

£40m profit is on the assumption that we get £85m and there's a 20% sell on clause which will be paid on the profit. £85m less circa £35m gives us a profit of £50m less 20% leaves us with £40m.

4 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

It will be a carbon copy of last year except we won’t have Wes coming back at the end of the season. People spent the whole season moaning at Rodgers cause we weren’t in the top 6 despite us not having anywhere near our best defence playing..

this season the defence is gonna take a massive hit if we sell fofana and we ain’t gonna get near top 6 and the same people will be moaning again. 

I for one will have more sympathy for BR - if the turnover is as large as many of us fear - then pre-season (other than for fitness) will have been a waste of time - rehearsing tactics and moves with players who are on their way out the door. Add to that identifying and incorporating new arrivals and it’s hard to imagine we’ll find any kind of stability this side of the World Cup. 

I personally think smart move to keep him for this year. Despite no signings, we are coming into a season with a very strong first eleven with less games possibly providing the competitive advantage arsenal had the year prior. They finished 8th and the season without europe they managed to climb 2 extra places to 5th, granted a higher expenditure but collectively our first eleven is still superior to their 21/22 side.

If we get top 7 which if we are better with injuries, I still believe so, then the value of our players will increase such like Fofana. Therefore, the smartest decision would be to hold off for a higher windfall later on.

If we let him go then the "we'll run club" line will absolutely be on the line this summer. More hit and miss recruitment and maxing out on wages sees us middle this season and more of our best players leave next summer then we're really in a bit of a spiral. 

Rudkin and Co need to step up.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Weve wanted a centre back all summer, we've just been waiting to acquire the funds.

I understand that the club want to be sustainable  and not spend money they’ve not got. However selling a star asset for big money then having to go on the search for a replacement feels the wrong way to go about things. Selling clubs will know we’ve got money to burn and will milk us dry.

Sometimes it genuinely doesn’t feel like we are as well run as we like to believe.

• Like 2