Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Old git

Focus should be on the Europa Conference League

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Europe plus defending the FA Cup.

Would be great, but realistically putting our major focus on one of the cup competitions  would be best.
I just think though not easy, the teams left in the Europa League Conference are just a touch lower level compared to those left in the FA cup.

12 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

The two things aren't mutually exclusive. Very hard to do well in cup competitions with out the momentum that comes from playing well and winning games in the league. 

But likewise good Cup form should help us in the league.

How gruesome is the fixture pile up going to get?

We've already got injuries and a load of games to cram in. It'd be best to avoid injuries to other players and just respectfully bow out of the Conference League asap imo. Beat Forest in the very least and then consider options in the FA Cup again. Just finish the League off with as least pain as possible and build for next season without Europa.

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Shouldn't we be going on to the pitch trying to win every game?

I don't see how we prioritise a particular competition, especially considering how shit we've been this season.

Was just about to post exactly this.

They’re playing football, not trying to crack the Enigma machine - they can only play one game at a time and we have teams of people analysing the upcoming teams that we have to play.

Why can’t we to use an often used trope “concentrate on the next game” and attempt to win them all. What are they going to do? Have an early finish in Premier League games?

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Shouldn't we be going on to the pitch trying to win every game?

I don't see how we prioritise a particular competition, especially considering how shit we've been this season.

In an ideal world yes, but with how many games with got and the injuries we keep getting, we'll have to prioritise something or we'll throw all 3 competitions away. You can't play your best players in all the games, something needs to be sacrifised, obviously we'll try to win every game we play, that goes without saying, but you shouldn't play your best players in the league and the second string in the ECL IMO.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

We've already got injuries and a load of games to cram in. It'd be best to avoid injuries to other players and just respectfully bow out of the Conference League asap imo. Beat Forest in the very least and then consider options in the FA Cup again. Just finish the League off with as least pain as possible and build for next season without Europa.

Do you have any ambition in life?

4 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Go out of the ECL, go out of the FA, to finish 10th in the league? Then what, try to get Europe again by finishing 7th, even though we've just got it and respectfully bowed out of it?

What's the ****ing point?!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

In an ideal world yes, but with how many games with got and the injuries we keep getting, we'll have to prioritise something or we'll throw all 3 competitions away.

I'd rather consolidate our league position before thinking about trying to win anything else.

There's no way we rest players in the league and go all out in the Conference League.

That's just absurd. 

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

the club's accountant just called - he says you have it back to front !

Concentrate first on the onfield  Football side...

I Dont go to,or follow football, because I want to prove my Bookmaking prowess, more to get away from such thoughts...

i Couldnt care ,to compare what silverware Brings in what Financial gain. A Football clubs Mandate is to the  entertain, and try & win One or more

competitions they are involved in....

All participants want their names engraved on some Trophy or other...We want to have memories of celebrations, not a signed cheque Waved high.

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

I'd rather consolidate our league position before thinking about trying to win anything else.

There's no way we rest players in the league and go all out in the Conference League.

That's just absurd. 

Why?

You think we're going down? Or you think we're finishing 7th?

Neither are happening, so the league is pretty irrelevant.