Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Old git

Focus should be on the Europa Conference League

34 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

Think a few on here are still wearing their Blue tinted  specs. If things don't change soon with all these targets passing us by, survival in the EPL will be the only target left.

There’s blue tinted specs and then there’s blood-soaked glasses with misery and flesh hanging from the frames…

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Our best way back into Europe next season for a start. Looking at the clubs into the last 16 already:

LASK 9th in Austrian League

Gent 5th in Belgium

Roma 7th in Italy

AZ 5th in Holland

Feyenoord 3rd in Holland 

Copenhagen 2nd in Denmark 

Basel 2nd in Switzerland 

Rennes 5th in France

Nothing is certain in football and we’ve had games in Europe over the past couple of years we should have won. But on that list there is certainly nothing to fear. Especially over 2 legs. 
Marseille, Celtic and PSV the stand outs in the knock out qualifiers. 
When we play our best, and with the locked of Fofana, Justin and Vardy back in, I see no reason why we can’t give this comp a real good go.

Well Yes I know, and it's only my personal opinion which I accept counts for nothing. But the Europa league does nothing for me. Champions league or nothing. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Well Yes I know, and it's only my personal opinion which I accept counts for nothing. But the Europa league does nothing for me. Champions league or nothing. 

I think the Europa would be so much better as a Uefa Cup format again. 

The knockout games from the word go seem so much more appealing, the long winded group stages just add to a long season. 

Personally hope we're not in Europe next season, hopefully we can benefit that way

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

I think the Europa would be so much better as a Uefa Cup format again. 

The knockout games from the word go seem so much more appealing, the long winded group stages just add to a long season. 

Personally hope we're not in Europe next season, hopefully we can benefit that way

But that reduces the financial take for each club - which sadly now is the point of European qualification 

• 2 months later...

One thing that went against us in every match in the Conference league is we  played all of our second legs away. There’s a clear advantage playing your home game second. Was that just a very unlucky quirk of the draw or was it pre determined because we entered via the Europa back door?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Probably worth closing this thread now

Win our games in hand and we'd be only 4 points behind West Ham and Wolves.

Overtake both and we finish 7th.......and are in the Europa Conference League again next season. :ph34r:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Jheeez it's crazy on here, seems to be a mixture of BR's dog muck and Europa Conference league isn't worth the faff.

Fvcking Bizzaro world.

Well I don't think he's dog muck but I think he was wrong to put all our eggs in the Conference basket at the expense of the league he had pretty much a full squad to play with and this 2 team thing with the weaker Pl one didn't work, Other teams playing twice a week were only making minor rotation changes.

The opposition in the Conference on the whole had much stronger more experience teams left in where as plenty of our league games had plenty of beatable teams left in it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well I don't think he's dog muck but I think he was wrong to put all our eggs in the Conference basket at the expense of the league he had pretty much a full squad to play with and this 2 team thing with the weaker Pl one didn't work, Other teams playing twice a week were only making minor rotation changes.

The opposition in the Conference on the whole had much stronger more experience teams left in where as plenty of our league games had plenty of beatable teams left in it.

Too much rotation and little stability definitely contributed to losing momentum and and developing a winning habit. 🙈

22 minutes ago, davieG said:

I understand what you're saying but our league position wasn't in our hands at that point. 

The ECL was.

(Back then even if we'd won our games in hand we'd still have to win all the rest now to get Europa league. 12+ wins or something) i guess winning ECL was 5 or 7 wins away so it's just maths really, probability of achieving Europa League Qualification. Which means the club chose winning ECL over the final league position and quite a bit of sky money. 

Still feel that from January we had a better chance of winning ECL than finishing 6th. And we come close so.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Win our games in hand and we'd be only 4 points behind West Ham and Wolves.

Overtake both and we finish 7th.......and are in the Europa Conference League again next season. :ph34r:

leicester trying to qualify for something on the last day of the season, what could go wrong? 😂

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, KFS said:

West Ham have got two more wins in them easily. We’ve ****ed it and aren’t playing European football next season. May be a blessing in disguise 

Norwich (A), Man City (H), Brighton (A) for them. If we actually do our bit and win our games then it's really quite possible it comes down to the last weekend. 

• 3 weeks later...