Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kolo Toure

Until we were hit by injuries, our defence was enviously great, especially last year. I've also been impressed how the team has, yes, eventually, rethought the approach to defending set pieces. (And I admit, I have stood in the stands screaming 'GET ON THE BACK POST' more than once.)

I always get the impression that Kolo is a great, hands-on, leader in the management team. Would be a real shame to lose him, but I'd like to see him kick on too.

21 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

He is not our defensive coach. Why do people automatically put the blame at his door when that's not even his job.

He's a very highly rated coach who will no doubt end up a head coach/manager its just a question of time. 

Then that begs the question, why isn't he? If he's a highly rated coach, whys he not doing the one area he was borderline world class at?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

He is not our defensive coach. Why do people automatically put the blame at his door when that's not even his job.

He's a very highly rated coach who will no doubt end up a head coach/manager its just a question of time. 

What's his job then?

41 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Why do people automatically put the blame at his door

I mean, he's a former Premier League winning centre back that's one of our senior coaches and we're honking in defence. 

Singling him out for complete blame is obviously moronic but wondering what he's actually contributed is fair. 

42 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

What is his job then? Because we haven't been well-coached at all for the last year. Forgive me for thinking the Assistant Manager might be involved in some way.

You realise Rodgers probably sets the remit of what the coaches do? I doubt Rodgers turns up on a Friday after giving the staff free reign to coach their own ideas all week and asks what he can expect over the weekend.

20 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You realise Rodgers probably sets the remit of what the coaches do? I doubt Rodgers turns up on a Friday after giving the staff free reign to coach their own ideas all week and asks what he can expect over the weekend.

Not a free reign but coaches will input, otherwise it'd be pointless having coaches.

Just now, Fox92 said:

Not a free reign but coaches will input, otherwise it'd be pointless having coaches.

Yeah I'm sure the coaches do have opinions on how things should be done, however Rodgers is in charge so he can just as easily dismiss whatever it is they're suggesting. Rodgers doing that doesn't make coaches pointless either, you'd still need people to lead sessions etc regardless of philosophy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Who is the defensive coach then ? I’ve always assumed it’s him with him being a former defender.

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He is the only member of our management/ coaching team who was a recognised top class player and that should have deserved respect. If his tactical imput has been ignored then that is not his fault.

His tactical imput might be shit though. Being a top class player obviously doesn't make you a top class coach.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

His tactical imput might be shit though. Being a top class player obviously doesn't make you a top class coach.

I'd like to think that a player of Touré's pedigree knows a lot more about how to defend than Rodgers or any of his other coaches. If he is being ignored , then the evidence is there with our very average defending. Perhaps he has had enough and just wants to go.