Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kolo Toure

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

The arguments about Toure's ability seems to be based on unfounded assumptions and scapegoatary. 

A) None of us actually know what his input is. 

B) The defence is struggling because all our best defenders are injured. 

Whilst I agree, zonal marking was the cause of most of our set piece problems, and it took about 12 months to sort that out lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

He is the only member of our management/ coaching team who was a recognised top class player and that should have deserved respect. If his tactical imput has been ignored then that is not his fault.

Of course it’s his fault. Coaching isn’t about just saying something, it’s about getting the message across and making it a reality. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

Until we were hit by injuries, our defence was enviously great, especially last year. I've also been impressed how the team has, yes, eventually, rethought the approach to defending set pieces. (And I admit, I have stood in the stands screaming 'GET ON THE BACK POST' more than once.)

I always get the impression that Kolo is a great, hands-on, leader in the management team. Would be a real shame to lose him, but I'd like to see him kick on too.

Silk purse out of a pig's ear comes to mind 😐

Hopefully we have this defending debacle out of our system! I think we will all look back on this dark period with pure confusion and shock How we were unable to figure out something so basic and key to football 101. Coaching clinics are probably using us right now as a bad example at the highest level  lol 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Of course it’s his fault. Coaching isn’t about just saying something, it’s about getting the message across and making it a reality. 

Kolo doesn't strike me as somebody who would get into a shouting match with Rodgers. Maybe he gets. "I am the boss and I disagree" from him. 

3 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Big Jannick is our defensive coach. Knows what he's doing but just isn't good enough to play in the PL. :ph34r:

....do not be surprised if a situation such as that scenario, does play out, there is a tendency for not the best players to be excellent coaches or managers!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

...if your boss does not see things the same way, then you are wasting your time!!!

Coaches tends to leave a backroom team to take up a managerial position elsewhere, which will allow them to put their ideas into practice. The idea that you shout and then shout some more, in order to get people to listen to you, does not work.

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Not a free reign but coaches will input, otherwise it'd be pointless having coaches.

Yes, I’m sure Kolo wouldn’t have followed him from Liverpool to Celtic to Leicester if he didn’t feel valued and Brendan didn’t see some value to his input

10 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Big Jannick is our defensive coach. Knows what he's doing but just isn't good enough to play in the PL. :ph34r:

If Kolo does go Jonny Evans could move pretty seamlessly into his role. Always felt to me like his errors are more due to him switching off rather than not knowing where to be so could make a good coach

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fox92 said:

What's his job then?

Just for the record, the original article is incorrect.  Our Assistant Manager is Chris Davies.  Kolo Toure is one of 3 who share the title of First Team Coach;   the other two are Adam Sadler and Mike Stowell (the latter also doubles up as Goalkeeping Coach).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

What does this guy actually do? He was previously a defender , so is he having input ? Or is he just a Hype man ? Looks clueless . Brendans back room staff are very iffy for me.

Hype man lol

"Brendan Rodgers in the house make some noiseeeeeee"

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

What does this guy actually do? He was previously a defender , so is he having input ? Or is he just a Hype man ? Looks clueless . Brendans back room staff are very iffy for me.

He looks after the bibs and collects up the cones after training 

3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

If he doesn’t get involved with the defensive training, then what’s the point of him even being here? Does he just pick the cones up and throw some balls up in the air for players to head?

No, I’m led to believe he’s now trusted to buy the ice cream and flakes as well 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 1

I always wonder why assistant coaches´ get off lightly at all Clubs when things go wrong (Big Dunc) being a prime example.  If people are claiming these coaches are not jointly at fault for the Manager´s short comings, then what the f++k are they doing day to day?   

On 02/02/2022 at 09:23, deep blue said:

Just for the record, the original article is incorrect.  Our Assistant Manager is Chris Davies.  Kolo Toure is one of 3 who share the title of First Team Coach;   the other two are Adam Sadler and Mike Stowell (the latter also doubles up as Goalkeeping Coach).

Sadler and Stowell were both goalies and Sadler does coaching for Northern Ireland.

If Toure is not the defensive coach then might it not be a good idea to employ one?

Otherwise we have two coaches chucking footballs at Schmeichel while the other s cuts up the oranges and arranges work events.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2022 at 09:23, deep blue said:

Wow. Just wow.

Can someone tell me what Chris Davies does and how he manages to hide so effectively that I've just had to look up our Assistant Manager up on Google and Wikipedia.

Cant work out whether to be aghast at my lack of knowledge or amazed at his.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2022 at 10:42, themightyfin said:

He is not our defensive coach. Why do people automatically put the blame at his door when that's not even his job.

He's a very highly rated coach who will no doubt end up a head coach/manager its just a question of time. 

Are you not able to make the link? lol 

2 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Wow. Just wow.

Can someone tell me what Chris Davies does and how he manages to hide so effectively that I've just had to look up our Assistant Manager up on Google and Wikipedia.

Cant work out whether to be aghast at my lack of knowledge or amazed at his.

Chris Davies could be Brendan’s ideas man ?  He could be lots of things ……..none of them have to justify themselves to us - just to their employer 

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I always wonder why assistant coaches´ get off lightly at all Clubs when things go wrong (Big Dunc) being a prime example.  If people are claiming these coaches are not jointly at fault for the Manager´s short comings, then what the f++k are they doing day to day?   

In Rodgers's case his "team" largely follow him around everywhere. He is the reason they are all on good salaries. They are not likely to question his authority. Kolo Touré , as I have said before, is the only one among them who has actually played football at a high level . In his case the highest level. Does it matter? Put it this way , do you like being told how to do your job by somebody who you know has never done it themselves. Rodgers can dictate tactics and pick the team he wants,  but he cannot tell the players how to play football.