Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

'The Winner Is Football' – When Leicester Let Forest Score

Before King Power, before that pair of play-off semi final penalties against Cardiff and Watford, before the great escape, before THAT season in 2016, before an FA Cup and Charity Shield at Wembley.

There was this.

Supporting Leicester is always a roller-coaster, and I hate Forest - but I was never prouder to see City conceded a goal to them than I was this day.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

When we thought James Wesolowski was some sort of amazing CDM.

I do wonder how far he could have gone if he hadn't had his leg snapped in half. He had so much potential but never got back to those levels after the injuries

• Like 3

10 hours ago, davieG said:

It's kick-off at the City Ground and Nottingham Forest strikers Junior Agogo and Nathan Tyson are joined in the centre circle by goalkeeper Paul Smith. To the astonishment of all in the stands, the Forest 'keeper then walks the ball towards Leicester City's goal unchallenged.
He strolls past Foxes midfielders James Wesolowski and Stephen Clemence, then defenders Gareth McAuley and Paddy Kisnorbo, before shot-stopper Márton Fülöp stands aside too, shaking his hand, and then allowing Smith to tap the ball into an empty net. The score is 1-0 to Forest after 23 seconds. 

This extraordinary gesture would quickly make headlines around the world.

Continues here - https://www.lcfc.com/news/2468834/the-winner-is-football--when-leicester-let-forest-score

Bought a tear to my eye when that happened, temporarily restored my faith in humanity

• Like 1

This was the last time I went to watch us at Forest.

It took me a few moments to realise what had just happened. My head, encouraged by a few pre match beers had me convinced it was still the warm up. Then the PA guy announces a goal and my part tipsy, part confused, mostly dumb brain couldn't grasp wtf was going on.
Thankfully it all clicked into place soon after and was left feeling extremely proud of our clubs gesture.

Add to that the nature of how we won the game and I went home a happy yet soon to be hungover chappy.

I'll be back there on Sunday, this time with my daughter who wasn't born until 5 years after that memorable night. I'm expecting questions such as 'daddy what is a cnut and why is the ref one?'

3 hours ago, TrentFox said:

What was the Forest take on this moment, @uReds

I will have been 13 mate so can only vaguely remember it. I try to blank out the league one years. Classy gesture, particularly given some

of the songs from some of our ‘support’ in the previous abandoned game. I do however feel that this moment coupled with the fact we were in different divisions diluted the rivalry for a short while before it reignited when we were both challenging for the play offs. 

• Thanks 1