Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Forest (A) Match Thread

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

You can make 5 subs in the FA Cup. There’s no excuse for Brendan to not change it at half time. He needs to bring KDH and Daka on and get Amartey and Lookman off. 

N’Didi > CB

Amartey > KDH

Lookman > Daka

Justin > Ricardo

Just now, ttfn said:

I thought that but does Ward get a touch? Still looks ****ing ridiculous and sums up our shambolic defending.

We are so bad defensively.

He's not even on the line to start off with. 

If I'm on the line, I stay there, almost touching the post. Most players would and do. 

Over the last few years the mentality of the team seems to have been gradually changing and we have lost that "fearless" attitude that played a huge part in our great escape season and winning the league. We don't look like we want to win games anymore, lack ambition and look pedestrian. Whether the reason for this is the manager's attitude filtering through to the squad or disquiet of players wanting to leave or lack of leaders on the pitch one way or another it needs to be sorted and soon!

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not sure why Soyuncu is getting the blame today? 

Justin can't defend his back post, Amartey passes straight back to their player and Ndidi loses his man. 

Because we know what he's capable of and yet he looks completely devoid of confidence. It's been 2 seasons now and when we need leaders at the back we're left wanting with him.

That said first 2 goals are on Amartey. Caglar is twice the player with an experienced capable player next to him.

4 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Would make me a very happy man to never see Amartey and Soyuncu in a city shirt again 

Armartey has been one of our better players this year. He is supposed to be our 5th option at cb. One bad game and he should never play again? Ridiculous. 

We we do need a clear out but our last resort squad player is not the issue here 

Edited by Lambert09

Just now, goody2028 said:

There’s out of form but when was he last in form? Seems like 2 seasons ago now 

In fairness, he was still solid for most of last season. Look at this season though and he’s been horrendous. Truly awful like most of our defence.