Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Liverpool Away February 10th 2022

I just want to see an angry, fully committed, focused performance. I except that some of them don't care about the club but surely they do about their own careers. Don't expect to get any points but it will at least give them some self respect. Not too much to ask, is it. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Schmeichel

Justin

Amartey

Ndidi

Thomas

Soumare

Hamza

KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho

Daka

Like that team. Our wingers are very hit and miss so a diamond allows us to get 2 strikers on the pitch, with Maddison pulling the strings behind them. It would also give us legs in midfield, to try to combat the high energy of Liverpool's midfield. With regret and on reflection, I think we have no choice but to drop Cags and Youri after recent performances. 

Who would you put in the CDM role? Hamza or Soumaré?

Edited by Sunbury Fox

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Schmeichel

Justin

Amartey

Ndidi

Thomas

Soumare

Hamza

KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho

Daka

I can't see him dropping Youri, even if he has been crap recently as we want to try and protect his value. I get that him under performing doesn't exactly help his value but dropping him would make things alot worse. Not arsed about Soyuncu though as he's just garbage and isn't worth very much anyway. 

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Schmeichel

Justin

Amartey

Ndidi

Thomas

Soumare

Hamza

KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho

Daka

...I would certainly want to take Ndidi out of that backline!!!

He is as likely to give away a penalty as Hamza and him out of position weakens us.

I can understand the reluctance to have Hamza up against Salah or astute forwards running at him, but Wilf giving the backline cover, negates most of that, as opposed to Hamza getting pulled out of position, trying to step out to effect a tackle.

I’d agree with this. Put Hamza alongside Amartey and have ndidi in his best position. Hamza has improved his positional awareness and the timing of his tackles. He did well last time at CB. I agree that we should bench cags and tielemans if only to send out the right message regarding performance. Daka definitely has to start alongside kel. This would also give us a strong bench and legs to run at them in barnes and lookman if needed. 
Given what happened last time I’d like to see Brunt and maybe mcatee or the Groby Messi there too. No ward and make sure youri brings his gloves 😀

38 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Like that team. Our wingers are very hit and miss so a diamond allows us to get 2 strikers on the pitch, with Maddison pulling the strings behind them. It would also give us legs in midfield, to try to combat the high energy of Liverpool's midfield. With regret and on reflection, I think we have no choice but to drop Cags and Youri after recent performances. 

I mean ideally we'd have Ndidi as the DCM and Hamza or Soumare as the RCM with KDH as the LCM but given how revolting Soyuncu has been I think Ndidi has to drop back in to defence.

35 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Wouldn't playing a diamond invite their two full backs to cause us damage? I'd start with Barnes at least. 

I'd also play Wilf alongside Big Dan and risk the penalties which they will get anyway as usual. 

35 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I can't see him dropping Youri, even if he has been crap recently as we want to try and protect his value. I get that him under performing doesn't exactly help his value but dropping him would make things alot worse. Not arsed about Soyuncu though as he's just garbage and isn't worth very much anyway. 

Rodgers dropped him in the home game after his heinous performance a few days before away at Man City.

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Wouldn't playing a diamond invite their two full backs to cause us damage? I'd start with Barnes at least. 

I'd also play Wilf alongside Big Dan and risk the penalties which they will get anyway as usual. 

You'd think so wouldn't you but we've now played the diamond vs them the last 3 times we've played them and we beat them 3-1 having moved to a midfield diamond with 30 mins to go, went 3-1 vs them in the cup only to go to a back 3 and capitulate and then beat them 1-0. The 1 nil win we shifted to 4-2-3-1 I think with 30 mins to go and it was this system that we scored in but it's certainly not a formation that leaves us a shoe in to be obliterated given how strong they are out wide.

I think the reason it works is because they are so strong out wide, we exploit the middle of the pitch and disrupt their rhythm.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You'd think so wouldn't you but we've now played the diamond vs them the last 3 times we've played them and we beat them 3-1 having moved to a midfield diamond with 30 mins to go, went 3-1 vs them in the cup only to go to a back 3 and capitulate and then beat them 1-0. The 1 nil win we shifted to 4-2-3-1 I think with 30 mins to go and it was this system that we scored in but it's certainly not a formation that leaves us a shoe in to be obliterated given how strong they are out wide.

I think the reason it works is because they are so strong out wide, we exploit the middle of the pitch and disrupt their rhythm.

Yeah that’s very true

My only hesitation is that i think they’ll have Thiago back in midfield for this game though- he’s what they’ve been missing recently

Edited by Chloe_77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Schmeichel

Justin

Amartey

Ndidi

Thomas

Soumare

Hamza

KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho

Daka

That's a horrid midfield. Soumate hadn't had one game where I'd think he's good enough to deal with Liverpool's press and quality. Hamza was better at CB if anything he is a liability in MF diving into challenges, KDH I'd agree with, also no width at all? Trent and Robertson will have an absolute field day. I'd be tempted to play from a combination of Justin Ricardo Albrighton wide as they would be hopefully able to try and contain their full backs better and still offer something the other way. 

Let's face it this is nigh on an impossible team to pick. Does he drop big names or go defensive? Very difficult decisions to make but me this would be my team

Kasper 

Justin 

Ndidi 

Amartey 

Hamza

Ricardo 

KDH 

Tielemans 

Maddison 

Kelechi 

Barnes

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

That's a horrid midfield. Soumate hadn't had one game where I'd think he's good enough to deal with Liverpool's press and quality. Hamza was better at CB if anything he is a liability in MF diving into challenges, KDH I'd agree with, also no width at all? Trent and Robertson will have an absolute field day. I'd be tempted to play from a combination of Justin Ricardo Albrighton wide as they would be hopefully able to try and contain their full backs better and still offer something the other way. 

Let's face it this is nigh on an impossible team to pick. Does he drop big names or go defensive? Very difficult decisions to make but me this would be my team

Kasper 

Justin 

Ndidi 

Amartey 

Hamza

Ricardo 

KDH 

Tielemans 

Maddison 

Kelechi 

Barnes

Have you watched the last 3 games vs Liverpool? They struggle to deal with us if we pack the midfield with high energy. 

Am I the only FTer who never suggests what players to pick? This is because I know far less about team selection than BR, and even he doesn't seem to know his best team! And in the case of this particular game, we'll probably lose regardless of what team we put out, so what's the point?   

• Like 1

Just now, String fellow said:

Am I the only FTer who never suggests what players to pick? This is because I know far less about team selection than BR, and even he doesn't seem to know his best team! And in the case of this particular game, we'll probably lose regardless of what team we put out, so what's the point?   

What is the point of a football forum then? 

29 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Kasper 

Justin 

Ndidi 

Amartey 

Hamza

Ricardo 

KDH 

Tielemans 

Maddison 

Kelechi 

Barnes

Just not having Tielemans near the first 11.Time to make a statement.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Have you watched the last 3 games vs Liverpool? They struggle to deal with us if we pack the midfield with high energy. 

I've just read your other post mate and I do agree your observations are correct and value your opinion on here above most so fair play mate. I do happen to think myself though that sooner or later when we play them their width will kill us, and just would not have soumare anywhere near the team, he seems confused evrytime he's on the ball. All I know is Albrighton is a must for this game, him, Kasper and Maddison are the first names on the team sheet for me, the rest are up for debate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Just not having Tielemans near the first 11.Time to make a statement.

I get that he hasn't signed a contract and will more than likely be off, but to scapegoat him and not play him is spiting ourselves. He hasn't been any more tripe than say Barnes, Soyuncu or Lookman, he's a class act still, and surely if he wants a big move come May, will be trying to be in top form in the latter half of the season?

15 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I get that he hasn't signed a contract and will more than likely be off, but to scapegoat him and not play him is spiting ourselves. He hasn't been any more tripe than say Barnes, Soyuncu or Lookman, he's a class act still, and surely if he wants a big move come May, will be trying to be in top form in the latter half of the season?

Nah he's been horrid lately, minds totally off the game, only soyuncu has been worse and has been so for a lot of time.