Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Liverpool Away February 10th 2022

38 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I get that he hasn't signed a contract and will more than likely be off, but to scapegoat him and not play him is spiting ourselves. He hasn't been any more tripe than say Barnes, Soyuncu or Lookman, he's a class act still, and surely if he wants a big move come May, will be trying to be in top form in the latter half of the season?

Wouldn’t have any of the other 3 in the team either.He has been very poor this season with the odd excellent performance, if he wants a big move surely he understands he can’t play half a season? He would be shipped out pretty quickly.

Class act in our team when on form , but i will repeat what I have said numerous times, if he thinks he is a starter in one of the top teams he needs to give his head a wobble.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Schmeichel

Justin

Amartey

Ndidi

Thomas

Soumare

Hamza

KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho

Daka

I think this is close to what it will be. N’didi and Amartey will definitely be at CB. I don’t think we will see Cags again this season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brendan’s two defeats away from getting sacked I think.

We won’t win either of our next two, but his comments about some of the players for me would have hit the nail to within a CM on being firmly in the coffin. Two more bad results and he will be sacked, might not even survive until West Ham. But I’d be willing to Chuck £10 on him being gone by the time we play Randers. 

Not even sure I want to think about this game, but having said that we said it would be nasty last time, but you’d think being at Anfield, Liverpool will be well up for this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We won’t win either of our next two, but his comments about some of the players for me would have hit the nail to within a CM on being firmly in the coffin. Two more bad results and he will be sacked, might not even survive until West Ham. But I’d be willing to Chuck £10 on him being gone by the time we play Randers. 

Not even sure I want to think about this game, but having said that we said it would be nasty last time, but you’d think being at Anfield, Liverpool will be well up for this. 

Their fans will be up for this too, and will be behind their team from the first whistle. The Liverpool fans don’t like our fans much after what happened around Christmas

Not sure what would be worse here, being completed outclassed and losing 4/5-0 or playing really well for an hour, getting in front before capitulating in the last 20 minutes and losing. 

In isolation, a defeat here shouldn't be too much of a problem in terms of Rodgers job, but the manner of the performance needs to be good. At the very least make them work hard for it. 

• Like 2

I think we have to accept that this is going to be an absolute annihilation. 

If we sit back to try and defend against them, they will destroy us. Got to attack, attack, attack from minute one.....which we won't.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

Their fans will be up for this too, and will be behind their team from the first whistle. The Liverpool fans don’t like our fans much after what happened around Christmas

The feeling is mutual. 

33 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Rodgers has a contract until 2025. If he was approached by another club then I think a song and dance would be made about it (in public, anyway) but would 'recluctantly' let him go. I wouldn't expect him to be sacked. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You do realise this is the team that beat them at home except Justin in for Castagne and Daka instead of Vardy.

Now it we can only figure out how to get Mo Salah to miss a penalty and its rebound again…lol

Just spoke to my scouse colleague. She said they are well up for this, and are seriously pumped for Salah's return as they think he's got a point to prove. Its going to be a very, very hard day at the office!

Also asked her about Brendan. They just nodded and said 'get rid - toxic' :unsure:

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

You do realise this is the team that beat them at home except Justin in for Castagne and Daka instead of Vardy.

I do recall, it was grim then and it's still grim haha.

It was a hearty performance, but let's be straight we rode our luck and another night it could have been 4 or 5 to Liverpool. We barely laid a glove on them and relied on bad misses and good saves.

I imagine if we play close to that team again it'll be Liverpool having 30-40 shots to our 2-5 and most likely Liverpool smashing us.

Would be nice to at least give them something to think about rather than going there and surrendering the game and hoping for a massive slice of luck.

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I do recall, it was grim then and it's still grim haha.

It was a hearty performance, but let's be straight we rode our luck and another night it could have been 4 or 5 to Liverpool. We barely laid a glove on them and relied on bad misses and good saves.

I imagine if we play close to that team again it'll be Liverpool having 30-40 shots to our 2-5 and most likely Liverpool smashing us.

Would be nice to at least give them something to think about rather than going there and surrendering the game and hoping for a massive slice of luck.

A hearty performance is what we so badly need after recent weeks. I don't pretend to like that make up of midfield. That system you'd want Ndidi, Youri, KDH and Maddison but Tielemans is in poor nick at the minute, as is the defence hence the desperation for Ndidi and Amartey to pair up.

There's no way we out play Liverpool in our current state with wingers and we'd be ripped apart with a back three. 

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Pre-match Press Conference vs Liverpool

Injuries?

“It’s pretty much the same squad from our weekend’s game.”

Stand by words at the weekend?

“The responsibility, like it always is with a loss, it’s the manager’s. I pick the tactics and team. But there is an accountability with players and we didn’t hit our game and we deservedly lost. We need to show our resilience as a team. We haven’t been consistent. With it being a derby game, it was a huge disappointment because of what it means for the supporters. They saw the team not play to the level we want. I will always support and protect players, but there is accountability. We have to bounce back.”

Pressure?

“I haven’t seen anything. I am experienced and I know if you win games it’s great, and when you lose you’re open to criticism. I’m sure that will have been the case. You’re always under pressure if you don’t get results. Results like the one at the weekend will always put you under pressure, I understand that.”

Backing of the club?

“I always have. I have a close working relationship with everyone, but I also understand you have to get results. Those relationships don’t change. This season has been a challenge. The weekend’s result wasn’t great and not what we would want.”

Aims?

“We need to finish as high as we can. We are still in a cup competition and we need to go as far as we can in that. I hope to get players and get players playing consistently.”

Forest?

“The nature of the game, we started well, and looked a threat. As soon as we conceded the two goals, it rocked the team. When you don’t have that stability, and we haven’t had that in the bedrock of the team, in the heart of defence.”

Tough game v Liverpool?

“It’s the toughest game you could have in the wake of such a result. We showed great spirit the last time we played, so I know that is there. We need to show hunger and fight.”

Response to weekend words?

“It’s been a reflective mood since then. It was hugely disappointing. Sometimes you can bounce back really quickly. We will go again, we will galvanise the squad. It’s what you have to do in these moments. You have to look at the performance. What must never be broken is your spirit because you always get the chance to go again. It’s the challenge you live for, to show that resilience."

Injuries?

“There have been opportunities for other players to come in and amid the issues we’ve had, we’re sitting in a mid-table position. But we want to climb upwards.”

Refresh the squad?

“The performance reaffirms what we knew anyway. We’re talking about a healthy shake-up. Nine of the 11 were here on the first day I arrived. And now it’s three years later. You need to evolve the squad. It’s a healthy shake-up that is required. We must always have a hunger to develop, and sometimes that means bringing in players who have that. Competition is a great coach. It’s not on the back of the weekend, it’s something that we need to happen.”

Any players back?

“Wesley will look to train with the squad next week and then it’s about when he can play. JJ is back and playing some games. He was never going to be perfect. Ricky got some game-time, Timothy is still a bit of time away. Vards is still a few weeks away, so is Jonny.”

What were the worrying signs?

“Our lack of response was the surprise. We made mistakes. We started well and looked in the first 20 minutes to have the quality and game idea. But we conceded a soft goal and an even softer second one. It was the reaction from that. You need to have that leadership to go again. It wasn’t there at the weekend.”

Missing leaders?

“That side of it, I wouldn’t say we have natural leaders. We have a lot of young players who are developing. Take Jonny out and Fofana is inspiring in his performance, and when you miss those two, the team can suffer. When I came in we were 13th in the table. They have finished in Europe and won an FA Cup. That cannot be the pinnacle. We have to keep striving. You can’t be timid.”

Evolving?

“We need to reinvigorate the squad. It’s as simple as that. In order to evolve, you need to bring in players. The summer is an important time for us. Naturally if you have success, it brings a comfort. We’re not a top squad where we can bring players out and put others in. My job is to push them and not let them settle and help them be the best they can be.”

Realistic to keep challenging for top four?

“If you look at the fight for the top four, there’s probably 10 or 11 clubs that feel they can be in there. There is the natural top six in terms of history and financial clout, but there are teams that can disrupt that. We are probably on a par. But we want to challenge towards the top. We’ve shown we can do that. This season has been a struggle, but it’s not what the supporters want to hear, we want to keep challenging.”

Video of Ward, Justin, Choudhury?

“I wasn’t aware of it myself and I’ve spoken to the guys. I don’t think it was the most sensible thing to put something out. But I’m assured it wasn’t at the weekend. It happened a number of weeks back on a Saturday when they had no game. They have been categoric with that and I trust them.”

Liverpool?

“We’re playing against a top team against with top players, you have to run, to work, you have to take opportunities, and then get a bit of luck. Let’s see if we can perform to a much higher level than we did at the weekend.”

At least he's changing his response to things. Several weeks ago he was dismissing the under performance and reminding us we'd over performed. Now he's saying what we did achieve can't be all we do, we have to improve. For that I am glad he's willing to stand by that as what he was saying before was pure bollocks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A hearty performance is what we so badly need after recent weeks. I don't pretend to like that make up of midfield. That system you'd want Ndidi, Youri, KDH and Maddison but Tielemans is in poor nick at the minute, as is the defence hence the desperation for Ndidi and Amartey to pair up.

There's no way we out play Liverpool in our current state with wingers and we'd be ripped apart with a back three. 

Haha quite possibly, I've always been up for risky formations though. The idea of going somewhere and playing Dycheball makes me feel physically ill. It actually annoys me when it works lol

I'm probably the only person in the world that empaphises with Pep when he gets annoyed by it haha.

I don't understand what people are seeing in Wilf at CB as well. He looks like he's constantly reacting to situations and a walking penalty.

Look...i'll finish this wild ramble by saying this, I hope we get dicked 8 or 9-0 and it become the final nail in Rodgers coffin. We sell the dream to Potter or one of these sexy up and coming coaches in Europe and start all again.

• Haha 1

A Healthy shake up is an interesting comment. 

can see one big player being sold and then 4 or 5 squad players moving on. 

By the sounds of the comments to he isnt going anywhere so think its time we all started backing him and the team. 

But for me this season is done and i am fully behind a rebuild! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Video of Ward, Justin, Choudhury?

“I wasn’t aware of it myself and I’ve spoken to the guys. I don’t think it was the most sensible thing to put something out. But I’m assured it wasn’t at the weekend. It happened a number of weeks back on a Saturday when they had no game. They have been categoric with that and I trust them.”

Is anyone buying the party being several weeks ago.. but Wards missus decided to post in at 5am on a Sunday night 😂 

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

A Healthy shake up is an interesting comment. 

can see one big player being sold and then 4 or 5 squad players moving on. 

By the sounds of the comments to he isnt going anywhere so think its time we all started backing him and the team. 

But for me this season is done and i am fully behind a rebuild! 

Well he's hardly going to declare himself open to leaving and I highly doubt the club will have told him they're considering getting rid of him. He accepts if results don't improve he's going to be under huge pressure so him being here for the long haul is irrelevant unless he earns his money.

1 minute ago, Foxes96 said:

Is anyone buying the party being several weeks ago.. but Wards missus decided to post in at 5am on a Sunday night 😂 

There's a photo of when it was taken and its the 16th Jan. So so odd that it was uploaded at 5am on Monday morning though, makes you wonder if it was deliberate.

• Like 3