Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Liverpool Away February 10th 2022

8 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

If we get spanked because the players don’t step up will it be his fault or the players.

I don’t think you can separate it tbh. Danny Murphy made a good point on the TalkSport (sorry) video I saw. Right at the end he said, “As a pro, when you are in a cup against a lower league aide, you know and someone has to step up and rally the team. I didn’t see the balls/bollocks/minerals from the Leicester players on Sunday”

However, I also never felt convinced that Brendan understood the magnitude of the game, and I get it’s not the old firm derby, or the scouse derby, but it’s important to the fans, and I did not fell that from his comments.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

I’m depressed about this game and we haven’t even announced the teams, yet 😞😞

Me too, normally I would be relishing this game at Anfield but I'm absolutely dreading it as I can only see a massacre. Our lethargic, unenthusiastic, slow passing game is tailor made for Liverpool to cash in. It's made worse by seeing teams who are below us in the table looking so good tonight

• Like 3

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Playing devils advocate, couldn't you use the same argument for the Manager 

Possibly but experience shows that it's the change in manager that more often than not sees the toiling players regain their form rather than the manager regaining their effectiveness at the same club. Likewise the manager leaves and goes elsewhere and shows his credentials again for a certain amount of time, that's why there should be no real hard feelings. This run their course with managers in modern football, many better managers than Rodgers this has happened to and both club and manager go on to do well again elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Possibly but experience shows that it's the change in manager that more often than not sees the toiling players regain their form rather than the manager regaining their effectiveness at the same club. Likewise the manager leaves and goes elsewhere and shows his credentials again for a certain amount of time, that's why there should be no real hard feelings. This run their course with managers in modern football, many better managers than Rodgers this has happened to and both club and manager go on to do well again elsewhere. 

Yes, he may be past his sale by date here.

Not may managers last more the 3 years 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, turlo said:

And yet it seems that Rodgers’ sub-standard performance is allowed to carry on without consequence.

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

And yet it seems that Rodgers’ sub-standard performance is allowed to carry on without consequence.

What happens if/ when we're comfortably beaten? Do the dropped players come straight back in?

• Like 2

Watson indicates 6 changes

Kasper

albrighton    Wilf   Vestergaard   JJ.  Thomas 

Hamza

Bouba            KDH

Madders

Daka 

that’s 6 changes or is it 7 ?   Could be Perez I/o Bouba 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Sad 1