Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Liverpool Away February 10th 2022

26 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Except, as I  pointed out, he didn't -

https://www.90min.com/posts/6435275-adrien-silva-set-to-leave-leicester-as-brendan-rodgers-eyes-small-squad

So whilst he might have 'repeatedly' said it recently - and he's incorrect to suggest that, too. He and Congerton have spent it poorly this season but it was there - it certainly wasn't the mantra during the period I  pointed out. During the implosion seasons Rodgers was quoted as wanting a small squad. NOT that there were no finances. 

Oh, and the point about Bennett? That was a direct result of NOT signing players because of the aforementioned, and referenced, small squad I've quoted Rodgers as wanting. The small squad he wanted suffered an injury crisis and we had to resort to an emergency loan in Bennett. So he would have cost wages early. 

You're trying to revise what happened. 

Do you really think we actually had money to spend last month and just sat on it?

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If true then guess Youri is on the naughty step

He was captain on Sunday yet Rodgers hauled him off on 65mins. That was pretty damning. I also think Tielemans is very much one of the players Rodgers has been slagging off in his press conferences and the post-match interview on Sunday, so it was always on the cards...

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Do you really think we actually had money to spend last month and just sat on it?

As above. I was talking about the previous two seasons. 

And, as above, he has been given money this year and wasted it. On players who are widely derided. 

8 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

I'd drop him purely for his set pieces on Sunday, especially the one where he spent 2 minutes placing the ball and flapping his arms around to play the ball across the floor straight to a red shirt lol

He also set up our only goal and was the only player on the pitch who looked like he cared about losing 4-1 to that heap of sh!te. 

• Like 3

If that is the starting line up. Is this a diamond with Albrighton and KDH playing as wide midfielders?

Soumare as the defensive midfielder is amazing lolLiverpool will be buzzing at seeing that

ffs...I read "Iheanacho" instead of "Lookman" for some reason lol

Clearly 4 4 1 1

Edited by filbertway

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

If that is the starting line up. Is this a diamond with Albrighton and KDH playing as wide midfielders?

Soumare as the defensive midfielder is amazing lolLiverpool will be buzzing at seeing that

Looks more like 4231 or 443

Well if that's true he is sticking to his word and playing players that will show a bit of fight and hunger. Not sure about Albrighton but he was feisty and fought hard the last match he played. He was ripping into the defence.  A bit of experience is what's needed.

Still no Perez so I guess he is well and truly on the sell list!

I just want to see some fight tonight.  Its Liverpool so its never going to be easy but show some fight, passion and work as hard as a team.  Mentality is the main thing I want to see change tonight. 

Points would be lovely but a mindset change needs to happen.  

• Like 2

I can't believe it, but it does seem that our best two centrebacks are Ndidi and Amartey. Absolutely mad!

I agree it seems like a 42 31. Hopefully Soumare can just focus on shielding the backline and KDH can be a true box to box midfielder.

Starting Daka is smart too. 

Just now, Hales said:

I just want to see some fight tonight.  Its Liverpool so its never going to be easy but show some fight, passion and work as hard as a team.  Mentality is the main thing I want to see change tonight. 

Points would be lovely but a mindset change needs to happen.  

Mindset comes from the manager he’s the biggest issue imo, he sets the team to play this way.

Just now, foxile5 said:

As above. I was talking about the previous two seasons. 

And, as above, he has been given money this year and wasted it. On players who are widely derided. 

Yes but the start of this conversation was someone complaining about us not signing anyone last month.

We tried to sign players on loan but they didn’t come off, so clearly he was trying to add to the squad.

Just now, moore_94 said:

Yes but the start of this conversation was someone complaining about us not signing anyone last month.

We tried to sign players on loan but they didn’t come off, so clearly he was trying to add to the squad.

Three years in a row this has happened. If nothing else it's poor planning and management. Once might be fluke and two poor luck...

The thing is you'll never accept that and continue to argue that up is down. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Mindset comes from the manager he’s the biggest issue imo, he sets the team to play this way.

I agree its needs to change from everyone.  Brendan absolutely has a massive part to play but the players can't hide behind him.  They need to step up too.

Edited by Hales

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

I think so too but maybe LCB

Kasper
Amartey Ndidi Justin
Albrighton KDH Soumare Thomas
Maddison Daka Lookman

Maddison either side of a striker does not work. He's best used as a 10 and where he has picked up his best form recently. 

• Like 2