Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Liverpool Away February 10th 2022

25 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Don’t hate it. Hope it’s more of a 4-1-4-1, can’t face a back 5. 

Schmeichel  

Justin - Amartey - Ndidi - Thomas

Soumaré  

Albrighton - JM10 - KDH - Lookman

Daka

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Maddison either side of a striker does not work. He's best used as a 10 and where he has picked up his best form recently. 

I agree, but Rodgers does this when the teams struggling and has the youth teams playing this way too.

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

The retention of Lookman over Barnes is a worry for me. Lookman effectively killed any chance of a comeback on Sunday

Lookman was complete and utter garbage 

He wimped out big time. You can't drop them all though and Barnes really needs a massive rocket up his arse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

His treatment of Kelechi is comical. 

I don't think it is, really. To get the best out of Nacho, you have to play 2 up top, and that means a diamond or 3 at the back, which we haven't really got the players for. If you're squeezing him into a 4231, then you have to drop Maddison (or move him out of position), who has been our best player recently.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The retention of Lookman over Barnes is a worry for me. Lookman effectively killed any chance of a comeback on Sunday

I think there must be more to it with Barnes.  Maybe application, training, conduct? Brendan is not seeming like a fan at the moment!

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Respect to BR if he's dropped them, especially Tielemans. You can't captain the team to a humiliation at Notts Forest and get away with it.

Absolutely!!

I'd rather give Alves a game than pick Tielemans!..

His performances lately have been nothing short of embarrassing and showed total lack of respect for the club!

... he's down tooled and he's a disgrace!🤬

21 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Mindset comes from the manager he’s the biggest issue imo, he sets the team to play this way.

Never understood why BR didn't continue with the 4-1-4-1 in his first full season when we used to completely dominate non big six teams. A fantastic team that was full of 10 excellent players that was crying out for a quality RW. He should have just kept it simple and done the obvious but we never got the RW and now he finds himself chopping and changing personnel and formations week in week out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Never understood why BR didn't continue with the 4-1-4-1 in his first full season when we used to completely dominate non big six teams. A fantastic team that was full of 10 excellent players that was crying out for a quality RW. He should have just kept it simple and done the obvious but we never got the RW and now he finds himself chopping and changing personnel and formations week in week out.

This.

Keep saying it, has made Ndidi worse as well in a double pivot. Too much faffing with formation and personnel partly enforced (injuries etc.) and partly Rodgers trying to be too clever. Need to go back to basics and intrigued to see what that could look like with Madders and KDH either side of Soumaré. Although will undoubtedly be a back 5 this evening 

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I dream for the day we finally get to see Wilf on his own in front of the defence again, just doing what he does best as a destroyer and not having to over complicate things

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Justin - Amartey - Ndidi - Thomas

I'm scared

This is where we're at. The reality of injuries to our squad. There's no way to prepare for something like this. We gambled on Vestegaard and so far have lost. The bad oman of Fofana's tackle has affected this club top to bottom.  Like dominos falling .

The thought of Trent putting crosses in and Justin having to try and stop Mane, plus Klopp disgustingly over celebrating every goal, plus Robertson grinning every 5 minutes with his rat like face, makes me think I'd rather watch my Gran in the bath than watch this game. 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Iheanachos treatment is horrible, i feel terrible for the lad

I'm vehemently Rodgers Out and I like Kel, but we only have room for one striker and they're gonna have to work their bollocks off tonight. Daka is an infinitely better fit for that than Iheanacho. Not everything has to be about mistreatment ffs 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

It's the conundrum of Wilf being better in the 6 and Maddison better in the 10. Which do you pick? It's tough. 

Very true the only way we can get them both in their best positions is to play a narrow diamond with Ndidi as a 6 at CDM and madders as a 10 at CAM you then have KDH who is perfect as an 8 at LCM and just need to find the best player to play RCM 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I dream for the day we finally get to see Wilf on his own in front of the defence again, just doing what he does best as a destroyer and not having to over complicate things

After watching the Puel double pivot of Ndidi & Mendy with Maddison as a No10 I thought the new 4-1-4-1 formation suited everyone, simple but genius.

Ndidi as a lone DM and really ulitising his skill set as a destroyer and not asking him to try to create.

Maddison now as a No8 and with Tielemans alongside teams could no longer focus on snuffing him out of the game because they didn't mind Ndidi and Mendy having the ball.

Maddison and Tielemans doing what they do best by being on the ball with the knowledge that they had Ndidi behind them doing what he does best in breaking up attacks and retrieving the ball. 

Football doesn't have to be rocket science just try to get your players doing what they do best, horses for courses. 

• Like 2