Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Liverpool Away February 10th 2022

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

It's the age of this fantasy football muck I think. Obviously certain people will have always known the teams but it's now on twitter by most clubs in advance.

I imagine it quite hard to “swindle” other managers these days anyway, in some way they are very likely to know how the opposition will set up

5 minutes ago, Eskay said:

How the hell does lookman keep his place ??? 

Barnes was one of the better players in the first 45 !! 

I'm worried he'll actually sign him permanently in the summer ! 

We are not going to have the ball and Lookman is better defensively.

12 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Really not comfortable with the constant leaks of our team before games. Is this similar for all teams or is it just more obvious because I don’t follow other teams?

From a so called Leicester fans as well, all so he can get a few likes on twitter from a bunch of FPL virgins who's life revolves around how many pieces of lego they can stick up their bum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

The thought of Trent putting crosses in and Justin having to try and stop Mane, plus Klopp disgustingly over celebrating every goal, plus Robertson grinning every 5 minutes with his rat like face, makes me think I'd rather watch my Gran in the bath than watch this game. 

Same here and I don't even know your Gran.

• Haha 1

Play Hamza at centre back. I’d like to say I have a tactical reason but I just like Hamza to be honest. And I want KDH. Then I get warm feeling when all the academy players pass to each other. We’ll probably loss but it’s only a game. No drama.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eskay said:

Worried that the player with The player in top 5 for goal contributions is gonna sign? Wow. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we are going to get a different level of performance tonight!!!

The players picked know the reason they are out there, is because the manager has lost patience with other players and there is now a lot of pressure to justify being picked for the team.

They cannot afford to go a goal down too soon and should it happen, they cannot drop their heads. It is a show of resiliency, that Rodgers wants to see.

I'm inclined to agree but it's hard to see anything other than a defeat. They'll be smarting after our 1 nil win.

This as big a test for Brendan as it is the players. Are they listening to him  and taking heed. ?  Do they care enough. ? It didn't look like it on Sunday.

They can't be as bad again surely. 

The rebuilding starts tonight, otherwise we could be in the Championship by the Summer.

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Except, as I  pointed out, he didn't -

https://www.90min.com/posts/6435275-adrien-silva-set-to-leave-leicester-as-brendan-rodgers-eyes-small-squad

So whilst he might have 'repeatedly' said it recently - and he's incorrect to suggest that, too. He and Congerton have spent it poorly this season but it was there - it certainly wasn't the mantra during the period I  pointed out. During the implosion seasons Rodgers was quoted as wanting a small squad. NOT that there were no finances. 

Oh, and the point about Bennett? That was a direct result of NOT signing players because of the aforementioned, and referenced, small squad I've quoted Rodgers as wanting. The small squad he wanted suffered an injury crisis and we had to resort to an emergency loan in Bennett. So he would have cost wages early. 

You're trying to revise what happened. 

I know he’s said “small squad” but in the bennet window I’m pretty sure Benkovic left on loan to Bristol city and bennet took his place in the 25 man squad. Whether he says “small squad” or not it’s still the same number of players. 

I’ll be be honest, I’m not entirely sure what you argument is. You seem to be arguing that we should have bought someone in, but Brendan’s press conferences this window he said he’d like to but the finances are tight? So I’m not really sure what you’re angry at him for? 

1 hour ago, Eskay said:

By doing the least the fans ask of all our players: Giving 100%.

I agree he wasn't looking particularly good vs Forest but at least he didn't drop his head like a certain captain that day and just tried to get on with it.

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm inclined to agree but it's hard to see anything other than a defeat. They'll be smarting after our 1 nil win.

This as big a test for Brendan as it is the players. Are they listening to him  and taking heed. ?  Do they care enough. ? It didn't look like it on Sunday.

They can't be as bad again surely. 

The rebuilding starts tonight, otherwise we could be in the Championship by the Summer.

.....if that really is the team tonight it will be because of two things!!!

1. Rodgers is sending a message to Top, he wants backing, even if it delays some of the infrastructure planning, too many teams are now leaving us behind.

2.. If we do not show up, it will mean the players are not backing him and view him as "...a dead man walking".

• Like 2