Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Liverpool Away February 10th 2022

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....if that really is the team tonight it will be because of two things!!!

1. Rodgers is sending a message to Top, he wants backing, even if it delays some of the infrastructure planning, too many teams are now leaving us behind.

2.. If we do not show up, it will mean the players are not backing him and view him as "...a dead man walking".

Rodgers gets paid a fortune and has been backed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....if that really is the team tonight it will be because of two things!!!

1. Rodgers is sending a message to Top, he wants backing, even if it delays some of the infrastructure planning, too many teams are now leaving us behind.

2.. If we do not show up, it will mean the players are not backing him and view him as "...a dead man walking".

Could it not just be that he's telling Youri and Cags to buck their ideas up?

I've said it before but constantly handing a starting place to someone who is not putting the effort in devalues the badge and devalues the club. The contrast between K D-H when he came on at Forest vs Tielemans was night and day, every player has different skill sets but you're expected to give 100% of your effort and determination whoever you are, how could you look him (K D-H) in the eye and say he's left out again for the Liverpool game knowing the difference in attitude. Soyuncu has been surviving purely because at times he has been the only fit CB. Leaving him out today when we're still short of Fofana, Evans and the option of Castagne is brave but correct, you can't keep turning in those levels of performance and attitude without consequence. The fact that we can't rely on a 15 Million pound Danish international to be a reasonable back up option is a further problem, more a scandal but that's for another day, there's a game to be played. Are we including Barnes as an omission based on the same reasons or is that more to do with the desired shape of the team if it is wing backs?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Rodgers gets paid a fortune and has been backed.

....when you look around at what is being spent in the Premier League by teams outside of the "big 6", then you will say it is not comparable!!!

He knew what was happening when he signed and the funds that would be made available, not every team is building infrastructure to guarantee the sustainability of their club right at this moment.

The next 18 months I would think we will have the funds to compete in the Summer or even Winter windows, we just cannot expand and source players at the moment.

1 hour ago, Eskay said:

How the hell does lookman keep his place ??? 

Barnes was one of the better players in the first 45 !! 

I'm worried he'll actually sign him permanently in the summer ! 

As other people have said, lookman is better when we don’t have the ball. 

As much as lookman hasnt seemed much of a threat the last few games I feel Barnes isn’t having much of an impact either. He’s great at beating his man, but this season he seems to not get his head up and make the right decision. His stats for creating chances and shot taking are much lower. He’s one of many people that have regressed this year. 

4 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I've said it before but constantly handing a starting place to someone who is not putting the effort in devalues the badge and devalues the club. The contrast between K D-H when he came on at Forest vs Tielemans was night and day, every player has different skill sets but you're expected to give 100% of your effort and determination whoever you are,

....the bigger question is why did he not start KDH!!!

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I would say highly unlikely, as both are believed to be going to pastures new in the summer, little or no incentive!!!

Aye, I'd find it very hard to want to give my all for someone who's dragged me over the coals. Especially in Youri's case where him and Iheanacho are the only reason Rodgers is still in a job.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I would say highly unlikely, as both are believed to be going to pastures new in the summer, little or no incentive!!!

Fair enough. It could just be that his patience has run out with them, though, couldn't it? Picking the team on merit/form rather than reputation.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Just put in a the effort and give us a performance, that's all I ask.  

Exactly. But I'm not sure they have the balls to do it. We need a proper captains performance tonight from Kasper. FNQ and all that. 

43 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the bigger question is why did he not start KDH!!!

I agree.  I think he is not watching the same games as the rest of us.

To be a manager you have to have alot of self belief...  but if you have blind spots that leads to repeating mistakes over and over.

#Rodgersoutofideas

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

You could compare him to Vardy , who because of his pace and build was thought of as an ideal winger. Wrong , moved him centrally and he became lethal. Barnes is not equipped to be the sort of winger we need , but centrally he could be really dangerous. He is the same build as Lineker ,with similar pace so why not?

Absolutely, he's not hitting the heights on the wing.  Not the best finisher in the world BUT he could work on in.  The speed would be very useful up front.  Lineker is a perfect role model.