Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Liverpool Away February 10th 2022

Back 4, don’t care who as long as it doesn’t include Soyuncu. Solid middle 3, Tielemans, Ndidi, KDH. Maddison free role off the right, Barnes or Lookman giving width from the left, Daka upfront. 

We played that system and beat Newcastle 4-0, and reverted to it 2nd half vs Liverpool and won. Never been seen since. Football is a simple game 👍

6 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Back 4, don’t care who as long as it doesn’t include Soyuncu. Solid soiled middle 3, Tielemans, Ndidi, KDH. Maddison free role off the right, Barnes or Lookman giving width from the left, Daka upfront. 

We played that system and beat Newcastle 4-0, and reverted to it 2nd half vs Liverpool and won. Never been seen since. Football is a simple game 👍

FI4U

10 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Back 4, don’t care who as long as it doesn’t include Soyuncu. Solid middle 3, Tielemans, Ndidi, KDH. Maddison free role off the right, Barnes or Lookman giving width from the left, Daka upfront. 

Yes Soyuncu has to be dropped - Vestergaard is carp and can't start either 

Do you go with Hamza, once he's sobered up and Armatey? Red Card and calamities beckon 

Do we need a back 5 but that will mean more duffers having to be selected - JJ in a back 5? with Ricky at right back, Thomas left? Or drop Wilf into the back 4 / 5 although I'm not keen of doing that 

Impossible selection and to be fair Rodgers because of the complete shiteness of how the centre halves we have available have been 

re Tielemans, I don't think he's looked right since coming back from his last injury (December?), don't know if you'd call it rust, just his all round smoothness has gone, no longer a Rolls Royce more a Del-Boy van,  and he's now just as prone to mis-controlling and playing misplaced passes as average players are. If I was at the training ground the day before the Liverpool match and had to weigh up who would give me most in a number 8 role out of Tielemans or K D-H, it would be K D-H right now and you have to reward his attitude and work rate. 

Picking a team for this is very hard. I doubt that Ric will be fit enough to start, in which case I can't see anything other than the same defence starting again ((God help us!), given the paucity of alternatives currently. 

Kasper

Ricardo

Amartey

Soyuncu

Justin

Tielemans

Ndidi

KDH 

Maddison

Daka

Lookman

More I think about it the more it reminds me of the 2016/17 season where a huge culture of complacency has kicked in, what started out with up and down league displays has eventually lead to routine humiliation. Was around January time when the real embarrassment started to kick in as well and we started getting battered by everybody.

I fear what happened against Spurs was the start of this. The heads totally gone and no signs at all of recovery since. This could be a really bleak weak for us. I don't think we'll keep the aggregate losses this week below 5.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Picking a team for this is very hard. I doubt that Ric will be fit enough to start, in which case I can't see anything other than the same defence starting again ((God help us!), given the paucity of alternatives currently. 

Kasper

Ricardo

Amartey

Soyuncu

Justin

Tielemans

Ndidi

KDH 

Maddison

Daka

Lookman

I don't think you can have Armatey and Soyuncu in a back 4 - you wouldn't want them together in a back 6 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hasn't the diamond worked very well vs this lot in recent years? We went to it 2nd half last season and beat them 3-1. We inexplicably threw away a 3-1 lead vs them in the cup before Xmas and then for 50-60 mins played it when we beat them 1-0 a few days later.

I know they can expose us with their width but we seem to find plenty of gaps to exploit them with this system. It also gets the best out of KDH who they can't deal with and we are better with 2 strikers at the minute.

It has and it's the obvious pick here. So obviously he'll pick a back five and we'll get battered.

• Haha 2

Could sit back and defend, then have an outlet of Maddison, Barnes and Daka

Schmeichel

Amartey

Soyuncu 

Vestergaard

Ricardo

Ndidi

Mendy

Justin

Maddison

Barnes

Daka

👀

Edit. We’re gonna get absolutely battered 😂

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Haha 1

Time to mix it up a bit. New starting 11:

Kaspar

Justin

Ndidi (we actually need someone who stops and wins balls in defence - Hamza could also play in this role, frankly)

Vestergaard, if he's available (yes he's bloody slow, but is he any more of a liability than Cags or Big Dan atm?)

Ricardo

Hamza

KDH

Mendy (and if he's not back, Soumare)

Daka

Madders

Nacho

We are so likely to get battered here that I consider this a free hit. I wouldn't mind if we played Perez instead of Madders to see what happens either. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

Kaspar

Justin

Ndidi (we actually need someone who stops and wins balls in defence - Hamza could also play in this role, frankly)

Vestergaard, if he's available (yes he's bloody slow, but is he any more of a liability than Cags or Big Dan atm?)

Ricardo

Hamza

KDH

Daka

Madders

Nacho

We are so likely to get battered here that I consider this a free hit. I wouldn't mind if we played Perez instead of Madders to see what happens either. 

We no what happens when Perez plays. Bloke isn't good enough. Same as about half that side you have picked there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

Kaspar

Justin

Ricardo

Hamza

KDH

Daka

Madders

Nacho

In as much as it'll guarantee us getting battered and pushing Rodgers closer to the door, I'm down for this.

2 minutes ago, adam said:

We no what happens when Perez plays. Bloke isn't good enough. Same as about half that side you have picked there. 

Yeah, I know, but the majority of players who walk into the starting 11 week-in week-out should be fighting for it, especially after yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

least it’s not Jonathan Moss… although Kavanagh isn’t exactly any better

Moss is way better than kavanagh 

kavanagh will give us nothing at anfield - mane will be ready for his collapse at the slightest touch ….

he has reffed out games there in 2019 and 2020 !   So will be three out of four seasons - strange ???