Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Liverpool Away February 10th 2022

6 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I know but what are the alternatives?

Vestergaard? Even worse!

Nelson? Not ready.

Ndidi? Yes but that would leave the midfield weaker. 

Hamza? Yes he did alright v Watford reserves in a Cup match but it would be hugely risky to play him at CB away at Liverpool. 

You've forgotten Brunt.  He did OK when pushed in at CB.

Result is immaterial given where we are at the moment. I just want to see a change in attitude and effort of players leaving it all out on the pitch. (A lot to ask I know!)

Would be damning for Brendan to have publicly called out some of his players only to name them in the starting XI a few days later

No idea why i’m going to this. Our end will be dead and we’re getting smacked about 5-0.

Annoyingly it was our home game against these where I thought things might have turned a corner on and off the pitch..

Guest Col city fan
10 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Nah, more like moan about Rodgers' selection after the game but not before it.

That’s true tbf

I looked at the line up for the Forest game and liked the team and agreed with the tactics

👍

It's all about the reaction.  If Brendan was truly embarrassed like he said he was, then I'd expect him to make it clear in training exactly what he expects.  By the sounds of it, there are a fair few players literally playing for their jobs.  On Thursday we'll see exactly how good our "top" manager is at man management and motivation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Looking good against Ashley Fletcher for 45 minutes is a bit different to handling the likes of Salah at Anfield. 

But the fact that Brunt handled him confidently bodes well for him stepping up again to the next level of challenge.  There's certainly no reason to think he will do any worse than either of our CBs who couldn't deal with Championship level attackers on Sunday.

I don't really care who he brings into the team but I do expect him to put his money where his mouth is and drop these individuals who he doesn't believe want it enough. 

Why would you pick players who you have openly admitted don't have the minerals. 

Play the young lads, I don't give a ****, I just want to see some ****ing effort for the rest of the season. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I know but what are the alternatives?

Vestergaard? Even worse!

Nelson? Not ready.

Ndidi? Yes but that would leave the midfield weaker. 

Hamza? Yes he did alright v Watford reserves in a Cup match but it would be hugely risky to play him at CB away at Liverpool. 

I wouldn’t be against dropping wilf to cb and putting Mendy in. Lads just come off a nations cup win (been mainstay in midfield) and is gonna be razor sharp and full of confidence.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I really don't know what to expect. Has he alienated himself from players he doesn't want anymore for too early? Will they put on a performance. I expect some changes not for the benefit of the quality of team but for the benefit of work rate and putting in a shift and pride in the shirt. 

Kasper

Amartey  Ndidi  Vestergaard 

Marc                                       Justin

KDH   Hamza  Soumare

Maddison 

Daka

We wouldn’t get out our half with that side.

Bizarre to see calls for Vestergaard to start. He could not have made it any clearer that he isn't the answer to any of the defensive issues we have. Even things like dealing with aerial balls in from corners and composure playing out from the back which were his supposed strengths when he arrived. 

For me we either persist with Soyuncu - as poor as he's been - because we know that he has the ability to perform very well at PL level, or we drop Ndidi into CB and use Hamza or Mendy in front of the back 4. At an absolute bare minimum that gives us more mobility, pace and tenacity. 

22 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

I wouldn’t be against dropping wilf to cb and putting Mendy in. Lads just come off a nations cup win (been mainstay in midfield) and is gonna be razor sharp and full of confidence.

thing is, Ndidi was so poor for Forests third goal. Completely lost his marker. We're in dire situation at the back!

If our players don’t learn how to hold the ball up and then pass it to a team mate , we may get another hiding . Even Watford hold the ball up better than our so called super stars . If YOURI comes up with the same shit he has produced over the last couple of games , I would love to see the manager drop him all together 

• Like 1

Am going to this, god knows why?  Play anything like we did on Sunday I can seriously see it being 7, 8 or even 9 nil to them of course.  Plus Liverpool would like nothing more as we beat them just after Xmas and was unlucky to lose to them in the Carabao Cup, when the team was at least trying.

Genuinely believe Tielamans (of all people) needs dropping he was woeful on Sunday, I also worry re our left side as Barnes never tracks back leaving Thomas, a young kid totally exposed against two players.

All I want to see is some bloody fight, true grit, from our players.

However, with Rogers criticising the players aka Mourino, I fear he has already lost the dressing room and the players wont try.

Edited by suffolk fox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Wouldn't dismiss a win here, especially if Brendan has given the players strong words after Sunday.

Judging from his post-match comments on Sunday, it seems that some of them are completely impervious to what he says anyway, so I'm not holding my breath for strong words to galvanise them. But this team has surprised us before, so you never know...