Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Liverpool Away February 10th 2022

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Thought it's 2 days before for away games and the day before for home games? 

Tomorrow mate. Due to a Sunday game. Although I'm sure someone will respond to say I'm wrong.

54 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

Klopp had his presser this morning i think

He did yes and they played Sunday too. I have tried to figure out when press conferences are before matches (normally two days before but not always). I do know that it is always at 13:30, unless it's a European game...

Just now, K1FOX said:

We did beat them not long ago and we all know football is a funny game but can’t see it. 0-4 

I just can't see Klopp allowing his team to be beat by the same team twice in the season, especially Leicester. He will be up for this and have done his homework.

If we can sneak a draw I would be happy but I think this will be an easy game for Liverpool.

I've never been less interested in a match in my life. Ever

At least in League One we had a team we could all get behind and know they were fighting for the cause. 

I think a lot of them have shown they want Brendan gone with that display Sunday and an 8-0 here will probably get their wishes.

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I just can't see Klopp allowing his team to be beat by the same team twice in the season, especially Leicester. He will be up for this and have done his homework.

If we can sneak a draw I would be happy but I think this will be an easy game for Liverpool.

Liverpool are unbeaten at Anfield this season in the league. Our only hope is a draw in my opinion- which is very unlikely. Leicester always seem to surprise us somehow- whether that’s in a good way or a bad way. 

I can see this being a humiliation 

Edited by Chloe_77

We're Leicester and we do things the Leicester way.

I can never remember everyone predicting a humiliation and the result was actually a humiliation.

(examples?)

Normally Leicester achieve the opposite of what  most people expect.

I'm positive we will be humiliated. 😉

6 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

We're Leicester and we do things the Leicester way.

I can never remember everyone predicting a humiliation and the result was actually a humiliation.

(examples?)

Normally Leicester achieve the opposite of what  most people expect.

I'm positive we will be humiliated. 😉

You are spot on that often happens. I take particular satisfaction when paul Merson or martin keown predict us to lose. Conversely I get worried when they predict a win. 
On the other hand I’m an eternal optimistic. I’m hoping that KDH will score a screamer of Andy Peake proportions and Daka to poach the winner at the end. 1-2 🦊💙

• Like 1

On 06/02/2022 at 18:30, Foxes96 said:

Who knows anymore. Wonder who’ll be in the dugout for this one. 

Schmeichel 

Ricardo - Amartey - Söyüncü - Justin 

Ndidi

Albrighton - JM10 - KDH - Barnes 

Daka 

....very much back to basics, looks good!!!

Is Rodgers brave enough to drop Tielemans, you suspect he will send the same team out again, but with Kasper in goal.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Is Rodgers brave enough to drop Tielemans, you suspect he will send the same team out again, but with Kasper in goal.

Dropped Youri for the Liverpool at home game after he gave those 2 penalties away in the Man City game

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Very much so. Our best football under Rodgers had always come when we’ve played 4-1-4-1/ 4-3-3, and Ndidi can sit and just focus on the defensive aspect. Maddison and KDH can both play as 8’s either side of him then offering balance with a right and left footer which is handy. 

Picked Albrighton because we need his workrate and passion for the cause more than ever, and can also support out defensively as Maddison will likely be further up on that side. In future if we need a bit more physicality/ height in the middle Soumaré can come into the centre with Madders moved out to the right. Barnes and Daka’s pace will be useful as an out ball, and to get us up the pitch. 

In defence Justin and Ricardo are both still getting back up to speed but are our most talented full backs so hopefully can regain some form in what’s left of the season. The big question is the CB’s but not sure what other options there are. Not sure I fancy Vestergaard or Hamza there so hopefully some consistency in selection and playing in a back 4, might help their form some what, at least until Fofana is back. 

Just hope we can pick a formation and have some consistency in system/ personnel for a period of time. It’s great Rodgers has got us to be able to play so many systems, but think he’s tried to be too clever and messed around for the sake of it this season (see Pep in the Champions League). A back 3/5 just doesn’t suit enough of/ any of our players to make it worthwhile pursuing so hope we can stick to a 4, although wouldn’t be surprised to see us revert to a 3/5 on Thursday.

I’m sure I’ll be proved wrong on Thursday, but would like to see it given a try. Tielemans is too much of a luxury player at the minute, and if it’s a choice between him and Maddison think he has to sit out for now. 

6 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Bizarre to see calls for Vestergaard to start. He could not have made it any clearer that he isn't the answer to any of the defensive issues we have. Even things like dealing with aerial balls in from corners and composure playing out from the back which were his supposed strengths when he arrived. 

For me we either persist with Soyuncu - as poor as he's been - because we know that he has the ability to perform very well at PL level, or we drop Ndidi into CB and use Hamza or Mendy in front of the back 4. At an absolute bare minimum that gives us more mobility, pace and tenacity. 

...it would be better to have Hamza in the backline, than put Wilf in their!!!

Once again weakening several positions when we only need to cover the one position that we are struggling with. With Wilf, he will be trying to win the ball in the box by going to ground, it is natural for him to try and win the ball, even if the attacker is going away from goal. Hamza in that position with the game infront of him reads the game better and it is worth us taking this option.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't see it being more than 5 or 6 but we're not going to lay a glove on them.

Can see it being very similar to that 3-0 from last season when they didn't have Salah, Trent or Van Dijk.

...I suspect that Rodgers will go to a back 3!!!

So long as he stops the Wing backs bombing forward then we can keep ourselves in the game, even if we are 1 to 2 goals down with 15 -20 minutes to play. We need to look at this game to play on the counter, 5-4-1 should be the way to go, not try to go toe to toe.

Going to this one but absolutely dreading it....this defence, esp central is so devoid of confidence and leadership it's unreal. 

I really hope they atleast pull out a performance as I heard it was toxic on sun 

We need an experienced midfield general type to motivate the team in times of crisis (we don't have one). We seriously miss Evans, more than Fofana. Fofana will add steel but he needs Evans organisational support.