Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Liverpool Away February 10th 2022

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What does anyone get out of a post like that?

Sorry but you've clearly got some sort of inside source at the club as you've been right in certain things you've said in the past (unless i'm mistaking you for someone else).

If you've got something to tell us about Youri Tielemans then share it. If not, keep it to yourself. Don't lead us on like this.

Yeah this very weird.

35 minutes ago, RGFox said:

Going to this one but absolutely dreading it....this defence, esp central is so devoid of confidence and leadership it's unreal. 

I really hope they atleast pull out a performance as I heard it was toxic on sun 

We need an experienced midfield general type to motivate the team in times of crisis (we don't have one). We seriously miss Evans, more than Fofana. Fofana will add steel but he needs Evans organisational support.

...Evans has also struggled in this team!!!

There were times where some posters were questioning if he was trying to get himself sent off on purpose, for a reason.

Erratic challenges and a poor attitude on the pitch meant he was not someone you would look to, in order to calm a bad situation down.

Every single player has had loss of form and the team has too many players underperforming at any one time.

It is a lot like a virus, too many people suffering from the malaise to be an individual problem, as opposed to a poor culture within the club.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it would be better to have Hamza in the backline, than put Wilf in their!!!

Once again weakening several positions when we only need to cover the one position that we are struggling with. With Wilf, he will be trying to win the ball in the box by going to ground, it is natural for him to try and win the ball, even if the attacker is going away from goal. Hamza in that position with the game infront of him reads the game better and it is worth us taking this option.

I kind of get the logic but it won't happen - Rodgers has used Hamza there twice when we were really stuck (Hamza did us proud) and has much more regularly preferred Ndidi when a CDM has had to cover CB. Ndidi played the CB role with Hamza coming into midfield vs Liverpool last time around as well. I also would question if Hamza reads the game better than Ndidi with Wilf's consistency in interceptions etc.

I think they (Liverpool) will get their first goal early. It could well then go calamity just like Forest on Sunday and Man City before Christmas. I fully expect us to be three or four down by half time. I think Klopp will then hopefully go reasonably easy but with their subs and kids (Elliott etc,) who did well against Cardiff they'll be gunning for us. I can't see us scoring because we can't keep the ball even when we tippy-tap it round the back. By the way Mane and Salah will nick it off us if we try that garbage. Liverpool got a little scared when we were 3-1 up at half time in the Caraboa that night. There is no way on earth we will be in that position on Thursday. 

I really don't see where Brendan can go after this, the guy has totally lost his credibility 

3 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

I kind of get the logic but it won't happen - Rodgers has used Hamza there twice when we were really stuck (Hamza did us proud) and has much more regularly preferred Ndidi when a CDM has had to cover CB. Ndidi played the CB role with Hamza coming into midfield vs Liverpool last time around as well. I also would question if Hamza reads the game better than Ndidi with Wilf's consistency in interceptions etc.

...I  actually said, Hamza reads the game better with the play infront of him, not that he reads the game better than Wilf!!!

I would see Vestergaard coming in should we choose a flat back 5.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah this very weird.

He does it on purpose. I can only assume it’s attention seeking.

‘Don’t forget, TMF told us on this forum that Kante was going nowhere. Approx 24 hrs before he left for Chelsea

👍

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He does it on purpose. I can only assume it’s attention seeking.

‘Don’t forget, TMF told us on this forum that Kante was going nowhere. Approx 24 hrs before he left for Chelsea

👍

He’s done it so many times over the years col, must love everyone begging for info 

Nice to see the players doing a bit of training today. A quick kick around for the photos, then into the pool, sauna, massage, into the restaurant for wild truffles and Monster Munch then all round to Hamzas for some gangsta rap and mineral water. They'll be all ready for the day out in Liverpool. Hope they enjoy themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Nice to see the players doing a bit of training today. A quick kick around for the photos, then into the pool, sauna, massage, into the restaurant for wild truffles and Monster Munch then all round to Hamzas for some gangsta rap and mineral water. They'll be all ready for the day out in Liverpool. Hope they enjoy themselves. 

This post is enhanced by the Monster Munch reference. I always hear the words in the voice of Bubbles DeVere

image.png.9d125fb1486f2204da2ff855c4655d81.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

All they need to do is watch how Wes, Rob and Christian used to do it. Overall the premiership team was not tall if Ulloa wasn't playing but they defended well in the air.

I can assure you that if VAR had been a thing when Bobby Hurh was playing he wouldn’t have been a top flight pro! There’s only so many pens you can concede in a single game ! 

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I can assure you that if VAR had been a thing when Bobby Hurh was playing he wouldn’t have been a top flight pro! There’s only so many pens you can concede in a single game ! 

Ah good old Rob he was in the long tradition of King, Sjoberg, Taggart, Walsh and Elliott when we didn't employ ball playing tarts as Centre Backs. You are right though , they would have chalked up red cards by the dozen.

The way we fans are feeling at the moment, and the way the players are playing, reminds me a bit of 1981.

We had just been dumped out of the FA cup by lowly Exeter City and our next game was away to Liverpool who had gone 85 games unbeaten at home.

Totally against all the odds we won 2-1. Thursday is one of these weird games where we can win totally against everybody’s expectations.

Right then, I’m off for another smoke on my crack pipe 😳

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Maybe join the Liverpool players staying overnight for pre-match cocktails at The Titanic? 

After the recent match that must never be mentioned, I can only see a drubbing. Like the optimism, but if our strongest defence that we put out at the moment can concede 4 against a championship side (offence meant) then what chance have we got against Salah, Mane and co. 

I can only see a cricket score for this one, may even be a Southampton style drubbing. 

It’s not going to be pretty. Sorry, blame the lack of sleep and the fact that I’m awake at 3am!!!

• Like 1