Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Forest Away - Post Match Thread

16 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

This is almost certainly a knee jerk reaction but I'm almost 40 and I really can't think of a worse performance. When you consider the talent we have available, the difference in league status. That was horrific.

We've had entire seasons of performances like that. Today was very poor, nobody's going to say otherwise. But the main damage was ten terrible minutes and we lacked most of all for a leader out there. There's still decent players and a decent team, but it hasn't fitted together well too often this season. Time for a bit of rebuilding, not a lot of panic.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Getting dumped out by a mid-table championship side, and we were totally outplayed is just the ultimate embarrassment. I thought the spurs defeat was humiliating, this has topped it. 

ITV 4 were showing the 1987 Cup FInal at the same time.

I'd almost  take Coventry's FA Cup Title defence over ours.

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

Calling for Brendan's head is way off the mark. All the players who lined up today, subs as well, have talent. Some, would you believe, are FA Cup winners and when they cross the line it is up to them to step up to plate and perform. Hardly any did today.

He is the manager and the leader….. he sets the team up, and he is the one who passes the instructions as to what to do. 

He’s ****ed it unfortunately, he clearly doesn’t really want to be here anymore, and constantly talks the club and the squad down.

So **** him, he can go, I’m done with him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We won the league and then the season after the players tossed it off and got Claudio sacked. 

Win the fa Cup, the players toss it off and are likely to get Brendan the sack. 

Claudio and Brendan are partly to blame in both these instances but some of the players are a shambles and should be ashamed of themselves. Winning a trophy doesn't give you a free pass to keep taking your massive pay cheque to do fck all! Some bad eggs in our squad that need moving on. We dismantled the Premier league winning team over time except a few and I expect the same will happen with the fa Cup winning team. 

With confidence in the back 3, 4, or 5 whichever  it is Rodgers goes with,  so low. It’s going to be impossible to get any consistency. They look terrified at corners, flapping around like headless chickens. They play the ball back and forth across the back line with no conviction. Today every time a forest player got anywhere near the 18 yard box they shat themselves. Truth is Amartey and Soyuncu aren’t good enough. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Calling for Brendan's head is way off the mark. All the players who lined up today, subs as well, have talent. Some, would you believe, are FA Cup winners and when they cross the line it is up to them to step up to plate and perform. Hardly any did today.

You still play in the style the manager asks. Or what's the point in a manager? 

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

Wish he’s off to man United 

No top club is going to touch him now.

Results like this and the European embarrassments have exposed him for the over-hyped fraud that he is.

18 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

if this was the only bad performance this season then I’d agree with you

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Dyche in when Burnley go down. Technical ability isn't the problem, fight is. He would get them playing for the shirt.

....he is not the man we need!!!

Just listened to Rodgers interview, throwing the players under the bus. Sounds more like a dog whistle to Top regarding getting better players in. We have quality at the club, we had quality players on the pitch, not one of them is a leader or have the mental fortitude to stand up when things are going wrong.

This is definitely something that comes from Rodgers, he can't motivate players and he wants players capable of motivating themselves. Perhaps a new crop of players could come in and buy into his vision, the current team has seen and heard it all before and doesn't believe in it.

Perhaps for Rodgers, he will take this defeat if it leads to him getting what he wants from Top, just like posters saying, that they would take a big defeat if it meant Rogers getting sacked earlier.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

No top club is going to touch him now.

Results like this and the European embarrassments have exposed him for the over-hyped fraud that he is.

Not to mention the FA cup 

He's dreadful, isn't he?

If there's one thing I can't abide it's a team with no organisation who look like they are ill prepared and setup badly and that is exactly what we are under him.

He names a captain who is ****ing off in the summer and then has to replace him. Not one leader on the pitch.

It's a complete **** up from him

I've now lost count of the times the players don't seem to know what they are doing.

Its his responsibility and I personally think he's doing a ****ing terrible job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This season has been one of constant letdown and disappointment - rescued only by the odd decent win here and there.

I just hope today’s pathetic (and sadly predictable) submission proves to be the low point. But if Rodgers stays and the players continue to look as if they either don’t trust the manager or don’t want to play for him, then there is a real danger that even worse may be yet to come.

That must be at the forefront of Top’s thinking right now. Another thrashing at Anfield and a defeat at home to West Ham will surely force his hand and end Rodgers’ tenure… if of course the club can afford to pay him off.