Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Forest Away - Post Match Thread

Just now, Happy Fox said:

We lost to a championship team , given we also had a break as well this performance is totally inexcusable

I know we did.

But consistently sacking managers doesn't get you anywhere either. But my point was who's picking these managers we sack? Doesn't look great for them either does it.

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

Sorry if it’s been discussed previously but was it a penalty on lookman?

I think first contact was outside?

im intrigued when two goals down at HT he changed the personnel and shape to make us completely unbalanced to try and stifle the threat down their right side. 

we needed to score at least two goals !!!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Is he the one who kicks the ball? Is he the one who mis-directs passes? Is he the one who misses the target when shooting? Is he the one who fails abysmally at free kicks. I could go on.

Well you’ve answered your own question there. 

The players carry some of the can yes, however, you can’t sack 11 players. And if I’m being honest, with some of the press conferences that Brendan has given recently, I wouldn’t want to put any effort in for him. 

Brendan sets the team up, he instructs the players how to play, and it’s happened far to often this season to blame the players. Brendan although has seemingly done a decent job with all of the injuries we have, but in reality, this is a exceptionally talented squad that is on the brink of collapse because of Rodgers…. He’s attempted to throw them under the bus tonight, and I see that as the final desperate draw….. I said earlier in the season that not having players available is fine, but when you’re in a rut you ensure that you’re hard to beat…. However, we haven’t been, this whole season has seemed to be a lazy half arsed effort… Brendan’s comments throughout this season have all seemed like he’s had enough here. 

Like Claudio and Puel, the book stops with the manager, and this season has fallen well below our expectations, and today is the final straw, it’s time for him to go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Correct. He always says about the importance of mentality and there is never any. He also says every game "the players gave everything", really?  Really Brendan?  Fed up with his word garbage tbh.

...he didn't tonight, he came out like Boris and said "...sorry!, as if that is enough!!!

So, at the moment we have over achieved...we need better players, we have hit our level. He has all his ducks lined up in a row as his response to any move made by Top regarding him staying here.

At present the media sees him as a top class manager, too good for Leicester and hampered by a financially stunted club, concentrating in the wrong areas. Well if that narrative is continually espoused, he should have plenty of suitors vying for his services. It is only when you see it from the inside, you have a greater understanding of what he is about.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I know we did.

But consistently sacking managers doesn't get you anywhere either. But my point was who's picking these managers we sack? Doesn't look great for them either does it.

Things can stagnate, Puel clearly had a clear out and rebuild remit (which he did although by playing bad football and treating players poorly). Rodgers achieved 5th twice and an FA cup so hardly a failure at board level appointing him, sometimes things need to change, without knowing what goes on behind the scenes it's hard to know if the player's don't buy in to him anymore etc. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Fox92 said:

I know we did.

I don’t think that holds in this case mate.

Top picking Rodgers has been hugely successful. We’ve secured two top 5 finishes, have won the FA cup and are still in the Europa

We’ve balanced the books in terms of players and he’s brought through some good young players

But here’s the rub… that CANT mean that he can’t be sacked if Top wants a change. Top can hold his head high, safe in the success that Rodgers has been but could now say something like ‘the club needs a new direction’. That would be tolerated both by our fans and the media.

9 minutes ago, String fellow said:

All that chat about us beating Huddersfield in the 5th Round is starting look a bit silly now.

Unfortunately a lot of idiots on this board, think just because we’re Premier league. Plus most of are over paid players, think we just have turn up without a fight.

They’ve really pissed a lot of supporters off big time today. 
Best decision I made and a lot of others was leave early…. 
Embarrassing, but not unexpected, this teams got no backbone. Rogers wouldn’t know how to get a team to fight. Only a matter of time. 🤞🤞

15 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

No.

He's the coach that works every day with the players to make sure these things don't happen. He also picks the 11 players from 25 and plays them in the system of his choosing to make sure these things don't happen.

And it's the players on the park who are chosen to do the business. Are they up to it or just pick up their big fat salaries for nowt?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Is he the one who kicks the ball? Is he the one who mis-directs passes? Is he the one who misses the target when shooting? Is he the one who fails abysmally at free kicks. I could go on.

But he is ultimately responsible for training and picking the ones doing that. No one else.

Prepare a Baking tray ,Cover the Bottom with baking paper..

So you First wash the Marrow.

Cut it into 6 peices,then cut out the Middle part..

Then fill 1/2 Way with suffing,Mixed with mushrooms..

Add a small portion of  Spice Mixed with Minnce- meat,

Top with chopped fresh tomatoes & Small Cubes of goat or sheeps-cheese..

Bake for 25minutes....

I know this aint anything to so with football, But I also  haven t seen my team produce anything Close to that silly past time called football,

Since Salate were in season...

So I thought I would ignore those who claim to Play Football for my club...

Edited by fuchsntf

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Well you’ve answered your own question there. 

The players carry some of the can yes, however, you can’t sack 11 players. And if I’m being honest, with some of the press conferences that Brendan has given recently, I wouldn’t want to put any effort in for him. 

Brendan sets the team up, he instructs the players how to play, and it’s happened far to often this season to blame the players. Brendan although has seemingly done a decent job with all of the injuries we have, but in reality, this is a exceptionally talented squad that is on the brink of collapse because of Rodgers…. He’s attempted to throw them under the bus tonight, and I see that as the final desperate draw….. I said earlier in the season that not having players available is fine, but when you’re in a rut you ensure that you’re hard to beat…. However, we haven’t been, this whole season has seemed to be a lazy half arsed effort… Brendan’s comments throughout this season have all seemed like he’s had enough here. 

Like Claudio and Puel, the book stops with the manager, and this season has fallen well below our expectations, and today is the final straw, it’s time for him to go. 

But, after saying all that, we know the players can play. They have the talent, playing in the top league, perhaps, it's all in the mind.

1 hour ago, AS78UK said:

Go and buy Johnson and Spence ASAP, they ripped us a new one.  Credit where its due well done Forest.   

Right going back to pretending this didn't happen.   

....we have(FT) championed the purchase of these two, this season for Spence and last season for Johnson!!!

We do tend to get it so right when we look at the lower price potentials, we need to keep focusing in that area. Rodgers is said to be good at coaching young players, they said the same thing about Peter Taylor (he brought Beckham into the England team), they both have the same thing in common, they are unable to stop a team on the slide.

19 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Sorry if it’s been discussed previously but was it a penalty on lookman?

No. 

He wimped out because he didn't ****ing fancy it, just like he'd done all game up until that point. 

He's one of the worst offenders today when it comes to showing no bollocks. 

But BR picked a team with no bollocks, so it's his fault. 

• Like 1

The whole thing is a joke. Ive had enough of Soyuncu. Thomas isn’t up to it it yet. Amartey, for all he’s done this season, has obvious blind spots and shouldn’t be relied upon as much as he is. Midfield was dogshit and spineless. I’m sick of this team to be quite honest and I couldn’t honestly envisage a victory today.

4000 of us there today and frankly we all deserve a refund.

It's the equivalent of going to a rock concert, only to have the band not show up, and instead you just get two hours of the roadie whipping his todger out on stage and telling you all over the PA that your music taste is crap. And you want to tell him to eff off and that he's wrong, but he kind of has a point so you just stand there and take it.
:plancque:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

And it's the players on the park who are chosen to do the business. Are they up to it or just pick up their big fat salaries for nowt?

You can't see that our manager is paid £8m+ a year for a reason, then I'm not wasting my evening replying to you. I've had a bad day, I'm not making it worse.

5 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

They work to a system set out by him though, obviously individual errors aren't his fault but individual errors are also more costly because of the way he wants us to play. 

2 minutes ago, DanDare said:

But he is ultimately responsible for training and picking the ones doing that. No one else.

Well, we can continue to go round in circles. Brendan obviously believes in those he trains and selects but can't be on the pitch with them.

Why does Madders, for example, take a poor free kick or a corner kick and then in another game score terrific goals? Same goes for Tielemans and others.

I wont care if,BR gets sacked after today's inept dismal lacklustre spineless performance.

BUT I care WHO we will put in place to sort out what looks like a BIG problem  with the squad and mentality.

Also who will be willing to nurture the whole club from youth team upwards.

We cant get a Antonio Conte type manager who is only bothered about the 1st team.

We gave paid £100 million odd for the training facilities, that yo me means a club which wants yo build from the bottom upwards...who is this man?

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I know we did.

Most managers realise that reigns are a lot shorter now. Don't believe it makes much of a difference. 

4 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

But, after saying all that, we know the players can play. They have the talent, playing in the top league, perhaps, it's all in the mind.

It’s the most talented squad we’ve ever had, and the manager is talking about summer overhauls and a lack of resources…. There’s no wonder the players aren’t performing.

• Like 1