Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Forest Away - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

4000 of us there today and frankly we all deserve a refund.

It's the equivalent of going to a rock concert, only to have the band not show up, and instead you just get two hours of the roadie whipping his todger out on stage and telling you all over the PA that your music taste is crap. And you want to tell him to eff off and that he's wrong, but he kind of has a point so you just stand there and take it.
:plancque:

Feckin’ hell! You’ve been to some really shit gigs, haven’t you? 😳😂

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It’s the most talented squad we’ve ever had, and the manager is talking about summer overhauls and a lack of resources…. There’s no wonder the players aren’t performing.

C'mon, they're "professional" players supposedly fit athletes, many at the peak of their careers and dish up shit like we saw today. I've seen better on Evington Park!!

32 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Well you’ve answered your own question there. 

The players carry some of the can yes, however, you can’t sack 11 players. And if I’m being honest, with some of the press conferences that Brendan has given recently, I wouldn’t want to put any effort in for him. 

Brendan sets the team up, he instructs the players how to play, and it’s happened far to often this season to blame the players. Brendan although has seemingly done a decent job with all of the injuries we have, but in reality, this is a exceptionally talented squad that is on the brink of collapse because of Rodgers…. He’s attempted to throw them under the bus tonight, and I see that as the final desperate draw….. I said earlier in the season that not having players available is fine, but when you’re in a rut you ensure that you’re hard to beat…. However, we haven’t been, this whole season has seemed to be a lazy half arsed effort… Brendan’s comments throughout this season have all seemed like he’s had enough here. 

Like Claudio and Puel, the book stops with the manager, and this season has fallen well below our expectations, and today is the final straw, it’s time for him to go. 

Is the squad exceptionally talented though, really? It's been allowed to go stale and the players we added in the summer with the exception of Daka were no improvement at all. We gifted a championship side 4 goals today, without Fofana and Evans our defence is probably championship standard. Other teams are progressing and we are going backwards. We have some deadwood to shift and some quality to add or we may have the best new stadium and training ground in the championship. Vardy, Evans and Kasper are all nearing retirement and Tielemans has one foot out the door already. This summer is crucial. 

I can't see Rodgers going anywhere. He's apparently on 10m GBP per year (sickening) and contracted until 2025 so if we sack him it's 35m ish to get rid of him and then we have to get a new manager in to. No chance he gets sacked and he's not going to walk away from that is he.... Heads should roll and we need to sort out perhaps a director of football/chief scout not Congerton and a new medical team/rehab. 

Edited by desertfox2
Cost of sacking
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

4000 of us there today and frankly we all deserve a refund.

It's the equivalent of going to a rock concert, only to have the band not show up, and instead you just get two hours of the roadie whipping his todger out on stage and telling you all over the PA that your music taste is crap. And you want to tell him to eff off and that he's wrong, but he kind of has a point so you just stand there and take it.
:plancque:

Brilliant 👍🏻 👏 

8 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Puel was sacked shortly after Newport. Plus we only narrowly lost. And most importantly, they weren’t Forest.

Being not just beaten but absolutely HAMMERED and outclassed from start to finish by your lower league local rivals is far more humiliating and totally unforgivable. We will really struggle to live this defeat down as fans. On national TV as well. They will never stop going on about it.

As for the bigger picture of our form - it was horrendous in the 2nd half of the 19/20 season, and inconsistent throughout last season, relative to the talent in our team. Even one of our weaker players went to the European champions for £50m.

If this team was managed by a Tuchel or a Klopp I guarantee it would have finished in the top 4 twice. It is an extremely talented group capable of playing some magical football - and apart from the odd game we are generally served up football so dull that many fans have admitted to no longer caring.

The problem is people like you have let the media (idiots like Michael Dawson) and Rodgers himself convince you we’ve overachieved with these players. That is why you see performances like today so often. A club scared of other clubs because we believe we’re on borrowed time at this level. A club with no self-esteem and no fight.

If anything we’ve underachieved. The stark difference between our good and bad performances, our good and bad runs, prove that.

I think you’ll find you’re in a minority now - anyone with a level head can see

a) the football is too dull to be acceptable 

b) our defending is getting worse

c) there is no evidence the players are playing for him or that we have any desire to win tough games (a running theme since Rodgers took over)

d) the defeat today will never be forgiven and he needs the chop for the fans to enjoy supporting the team again

It’s not Rodgers’ detractors who need to get a grip. You need to get some self-respect, some maturity. Rodgers is being paid a fortune and has been wanting you to believe your club is no good and the players aren’t either and he’s succeeded. Even tonight, he’s shifting all the blame to the players instead of taking responsibility.

He doesn’t have even the tiniest amount of humility to change any of his failing ideas, because his perception of himself is he can do no wrong.

I do not think we have overachieved. Check my posts. Never once said it. So do not say people like me. 

I have said many times with the investment, training ground etc we should be competing top 6. 

Trouble is we did not improve the team in the summer. We spen t 60m on rubbish really, aside from Daka.

But of course if a manager like Klopp had us, we would be top 4, because he is a much better manager.

You know what annoys me about the defeat today too? 2 yellow cards. 

If my team are going to lose to their rivals by 3 goals, I want to see a bit of anger. A bit of nastiness or atleast some frustration. I want players getting yellow carded left right and centre because they are showing that the care and injecting some fight. 

The only player who looked angry today was Maddison and he was one of those on a yellow. You could bet if players like Vardy, Morgan, Huth and Fuchs were on that pitch today, they would all be booked.  

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think first contact was outside?

im intrigued when two goals down at HT he changed the personnel and shape to make us completely unbalanced to try and stifle the threat down their right side. 

we needed to score at least two goals !!!!!

Can't believe more people haven't said this. To go to a 343 with Thomas at LCB, Lookman at RWB and Maddison in that weird inverted left sided 10 position which never works killed any momentum we had after getting back to 3-1. Another crazy tactical decision after the ludicrous attempt at parking the bus at home to Brighton last time out.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Puel was sacked shortly after Newport. Plus we only narrowly lost. And most importantly, they weren’t Forest.

Being not just beaten but absolutely HAMMERED and outclassed from start to finish by your lower league local rivals is far more humiliating and totally unforgivable. We will really struggle to live this defeat down as fans. On national TV as well. They will never stop going on about it.

As for the bigger picture of our form - it was horrendous in the 2nd half of the 19/20 season, and inconsistent throughout last season, relative to the talent in our team. Even one of our weaker players went to the European champions for £50m.

If this team was managed by a Tuchel or a Klopp I guarantee it would have finished in the top 4 twice. It is an extremely talented group capable of playing some magical football - and apart from the odd game we are generally served up football so dull that many fans have admitted to no longer caring.

The problem is people like you have let the media (idiots like Michael Dawson) and Rodgers himself convince you we’ve overachieved with these players. That is why you see performances like today so often. A club scared of other clubs because we believe we’re on borrowed time at this level. A club with no self-esteem and no fight.

If anything we’ve underachieved. The stark difference between our good and bad performances, our good and bad runs, prove that.

c) there is no evidence the players are playing for him or that we have any desire to win tough games (a running theme since Rodgers took over)

d) the defeat today will never be forgiven and he needs the chop for the fans to enjoy supporting the team again

It’s not Rodgers’ detractors who need to get a grip. You need to get some self-respect, some maturity. Rodgers is being paid a fortune and has been wanting you to believe your club is no good and the players aren’t either and he’s succeeded. Even tonight, he’s shifting all the blame to the players instead of taking responsibility.

He doesn’t have even the tiniest amount of humility to change any of his failing ideas, because his perception of himself is he can do no wrong.

Start to finish spot on for me.

9 minutes ago, WalMelton said:

Unfortunately a lot of idiots on this board, think just because we’re Premier league. Plus most of are over paid players, think we just have turn up without a fight.

They’ve really pissed a lot of supporters off big time today. 
Best decision I made and a lot of others was leave early…. 
Embarrassing, but not unexpected, this teams got no backbone. Rogers wouldn’t know how to get a team to fight. Only a matter of time. 🤞🤞

It was never going to be easy. Nottingham Forest did, after all, put out  Arsensal in the previous round. I wonder if our players thought they were still on holiday, following last week's absurd winter break and 3 postponed PL games in the last month or so. Perhaps they didn't like the weather. Who knows? I certainly don't - been following them for many years and still find them impossible to predict. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DanDare said:

But he is ultimately responsible for training and picking the ones doing that. No one else.

Managers Dont win matches, or Single games, or 70 clubs below would be in the PL...

The players are 90% responsible for Performance and End result...

Top managers make that difference, in Top 1-6 Quality teams. Not the season of Middle of table performances, or when a Team loses

4-7 players on a regular basis...The players have Not just there vor their ball skills,But like Top teams prove every week their mental discipline & strength...

Our Basic failure since Ranieri, has been our mental discipline...

Barnes,cant even follow Basic tactics,Tielemans & Ndidi too slow, & lacking over 5-7 game periods to hold a line & discipline lines.

Es get over-ran Time & Time again...They are not players who can boss games over periods of a season.

If they go to a top team,interesting with higher Quality players that can, will up their longer period  performances,because they Don t have to Face

that continual pressure....Maddison still looked Good today...he just didnt have any outlet on form,in Front of him..Barnes still cant Take chances,or create

regulär pressure openings,be has 2-3 moments. He should of been doing what Spence did today. Plus he aint Too Good helping out the right side defence.für

Time methinks, to see if Barnes can Take that Inside forward role,where his pace would give dividends,especially when he Drifts occasionally out to the flank.

He loses out too much, when playing out on the wing, 2-3 decent breaks, are Not turning games for us...

Lookman again started well,then for some reason and stopped Maddison being able to ask the question , Barnes,Nacho,Lookman were not bullied,But were

Not pro-active...

2 minutes ago, String fellow said:

It was never going to be easy. Nottingham Forest did, after all, put out  Arsensal in the previous round. I wonder if our players thought they were still on holiday, following last week's absurd winter break and 3 postponed PL games in the last month or so. Perhaps they didn't like the weather. Who knows? I certainly don't - been following them for many years and still find them impossible to predict. 

It is difficult not to over react. We should treat triumph and disaster as impostors I suppose. I do fear a free fall though.

36 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

****ing brilliant post! Got me feeling proper braveheart, 

32 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

C'mon, they're "professional" players supposedly fit athletes, many at the peak of their careers and dish up shit like we saw today. I've seen better on Evington Park!!

Fk Evington ,Victoria, or Western park, I've seen better at..Any Waterpark..

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

They really are arsed aint they. Sang about us ****ing loads today.

They loved it. Any Forest fan saying otherwise is on a wind up or lying. They got their chance to dent the East Mids best today. Only seen those sort of celebrations from Leeds and Spurs this season. 

Bring em up. Would welcome the needle. Don’t think we will kick off again for a while at any other time than noon 

• Like 1