Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Forest Away - Post Match Thread

54 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Puel was sacked shortly after Newport. Plus we only narrowly lost. And most importantly, they weren’t Forest.

Being not just beaten but absolutely HAMMERED and outclassed from start to finish by your lower league local rivals is far more humiliating and totally unforgivable. We will really struggle to live this defeat down as fans. On national TV as well. They will never stop going on about it.

As for the bigger picture of our form - it was horrendous in the 2nd half of the 19/20 season, and inconsistent throughout last season, relative to the talent in our team. Even one of our weaker players went to the European champions for £50m.

If this team was managed by a Tuchel or a Klopp I guarantee it would have finished in the top 4 twice. It is an extremely talented group capable of playing some magical football - and apart from the odd game we are generally served up football so dull that many fans have admitted to no longer caring.

The problem is people like you have let the media (idiots like Michael Dawson) and Rodgers himself convince you we’ve overachieved with these players. That is why you see performances like today so often. A club scared of other clubs because we believe we’re on borrowed time at this level. A club with no self-esteem and no fight.

If anything we’ve underachieved. The stark difference between our good and bad performances, our good and bad runs, prove that.

I think you’ll find you’re in a minority now - anyone with a level head can see

a) the football is too dull to be acceptable 

b) our defending is getting worse

c) there is no evidence the players are playing for him or that we have any desire to win tough games (a running theme since Rodgers took over)

d) the defeat today will never be forgiven and he needs the chop for the fans to enjoy supporting the team again

It’s not Rodgers’ detractors who need to get a grip. You need to get some self-respect, some maturity. Rodgers is being paid a fortune and has been wanting you to believe your club is no good and the players aren’t either and he’s succeeded. Even tonight, he’s shifting all the blame to the players instead of taking responsibility.

He doesn’t have even the tiniest amount of humility to change any of his failing ideas, because his perception of himself is he can do no wrong.

Here bloody here! Great post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I know we did.

But consistently sacking managers doesn't get you anywhere either. But my point was who's picking these managers we sack? Doesn't look great for them either does it.

Our standards have dropped that’s on Rodgers imo, our owners have every right to sack him. They have backed him considerably and we put out a performance like that and not just the first time this season. Just get rid now 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

I’ve said for about two years Justin and Thomas are over hyped but no one listens do they :clap:

1 minute ago, JonnyBoy said:

Two or three games mate I recon? Cost us two goals by not jumping in air so far. Good ratio that isn’t it fella 

you said that James had been overhyped for the last two years- hence my comment.

When we played Liverpool on 28th, Amartey would have just stuck thet ball into the stands and regroup for a throw in. Decided to be clever and it costs us. 

Then at 2-0, any team with any nous would have faked an injury and slowed the game right now. Calmed it down. Instead we carry on playing at their pace and look like rabbit in the headlights. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Makes you miss our League One defence doesn't it  😂

Our season in league one was amazing fella! Loved every minute of it tbf

King’s winner away at Scunny etc

👍

Guest Chocolate Teapot

It's not very good clearly but can anyone call us dull? We score loads of goals and look good going forward. You can criticise lots of things but that's not one of them.