Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Forest Away - Post Match Thread

Interesting how many Premier League sides struggled against lower league opposition after their 'winter break': Chelsea needed ET versus Plymouth, Southampton needed ET versus Coventry, West Ham needed ET versus Kidderminster, Man Utd out on penalties, us out to Forest. Not that that excuses us in anyway as we are the outlier in that we got destroyed within the 90 minutes, just an interesting pattern.

• Like 1

Most PL were sh**e this weekend. West Ham were terrible, Chelsea poor, Man U soulless and Liverpool should have had Kelleher sent off at 0-0 (VAR check at Anfield - ha ha!). 

It in no way excuses the performance, but this winter break is such a bad idea headed into the 4th round. Most PL teams looked really, really rusty. 

11 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Best part of today was the pub. 

The Stratford Haven in West Bridgford. 

A proper good pub, with about 20 on tap and with fans who are passionate and had a genuine buzz. 

Do we have even one of those? 

But we do have a pub team !  and they played yesterday !

• Like 1

Once they got on top we never looked like recovering cut open to easy to many times and to many players didn’t look up for it at all which is a shame. It’s all good Rodgers slating the players but there will only be one winner in the end and it won’t be him whether he is right or wrong unfortunately. Need something to happen where it clicks for us again but I can’t see it happening this season. 

Hungover from yesterday and so deflated, it's not just because it was Forest, its the fact it happens time and time again with this weak as p1ss side.

Have a few aways sorted and I'm so unbothered about them, feel like the life has been drained out of the club this season.

Also why on earth I didn't take today off work I don't knowlol

4 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

There's so much I want to say about that performance yesterday but neither have the inclination nor time to put it into words. Absolutely livid. Just hope the board have it in them to make the right decision today. 

Still f**king waiting for his P45 :fc: hurry up Top just pay the money and get rid 

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

A block giving it the helicopter.

Load of our own fans signing about Cloughie, the same ones that then moan about Vichai or helicopter chants :rolleyes: (Not aimed at you btw, just saying in general)

That away end got so toxic after the 2nd goal yesterday, chants of sacked in the morning, there's only one Nigel Pearson, plenty of boos, loads of abuse towards the players (which I was doing I must admit).

Club is on a downward spiral atm, not looking forward to the next few games.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

My mate who was in Nottingham just before that first train pulled in described it as Napoli arriving in Rome.

Sad really but it was the highlight of the day.

As in what?

Atmosphere  in the ground even before Forest scored was shot yesterday.

So these "lads" can give it the big I am getting off the train but come 4pm they are so p1ssed they dont make a sound in the ground. Pathetic 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Wholeheartedly agree. I don't know why at all but that effort and enthusiasm just can't seem to walk the 20 steps into the stand. 

I saw blokes all over the place just sat in their seats yday half dead. This was prior to the 20th minute onslaught.

I just dont get it.

I'm slowly falling out of love with our fanbase.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ren said:

Hungover from yesterday and so deflated, it's not just because it was Forest, its the fact it happens time and time again with this weak as p1ss side.

The really troubling thing about being absolutely thrashed by a second division team, was that it didn't come as a surprise.

I can hardly believe i've just written that.  But it's true, and was the first thing i said to my m8 when we got back to the car.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Interesting how many Premier League sides struggled against lower league opposition after their 'winter break': Chelsea needed ET versus Plymouth, Southampton needed ET versus Coventry, West Ham needed ET versus Kidderminster, Man Utd out on penalties, us out to Forest. Not that that excuses us in anyway as we are the outlier in that we got destroyed within the 90 minutes, just an interesting pattern.

I'd argue that West Ham were even worse than us. Until their 91st minute equaliser they barely had a shot against a sixth tier side.  But this season literally everything is going their way, it seems. 

Guest Col city fan

Not had time to reflect on yesterday with being ridiculously busy at work, but come home this evening and still seething…

If you really think about the loss to Forest… we, as the FA cup holders, with not far off a ‘first 11’ get absolutely taken apart by our rivals from the championship, have been utterly slated by the media AND with a manager earning a reputed 10 MILLION pounds every year!

It doesn’t get much worse than that, in footballing terms. 
Rodgers is lucky he’s not living in medieval times. He’d have been locked in the stocks with rancid tomatoes being pelted at him… 

What a fookin debacle the Forest game was..