Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jerry

Worst Day to be a City Fan.

Have supported the club for 60 years and I can't remember a more dispiriting day than yesterday. Cup holders being outplayed and out fought by our closest rivals , ridiculed and named a tin pot club on social media and add that to the violence caused by thugs masquerading as supporters. Any interest in the rest of the season has died as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jerry said:

Have supported the club for 60 years and I can't remember a more dispiriting day than yesterday. Cup holders being outplayed and out fought by our closest rivals , ridiculed and named a tin pot club on social media and add that to the violence caused by thugs masquerading as supporters. Any interest in the rest of the season has died as far as I'm concerned.

I had the same feeling after/today. A really dark day for the club in general. Absolutely nothing positive to say regarding on or off the pitch matters. Really really dispiriting. Being honest it’ll probably make me swerve some games for a while now. 

• Like 3

It might be because I wasn't there yesterday, but the Wycombe match felt worse for me. That was the cliff edge that we all knew signalled the end of an era. Just hope this isn't another one of those especially as we haven't got the stadium expanded yet. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

For goodness sake - get some perspective please. 

Relegation to League 1 and entering administration in October 2002 wasn't great was it? But for any genuine follower of the club, the darkest 'worst day' was 27th October 2018. Really, does that even need mentioning? 

Regarding these "thugs" - since they were "masquerading as supporters" then they're nothing to do with our football club are they? 

Of course that was tragic and I grieved along with everyone. This relates to an actual football match and occasion and I'm sure some of these so called ' fans ' are regulars and represent us not just as a football team but as a City.

The violence as disgusting as it was bears no relation to the violence of the 70s as for the performance and defeat if that was the worst them you must have missed many other occasions,

Feeling bad , feeling dispirited - Yes but our Nadir now way.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

The violence as disgusting as it was bears no relation to the violence of the 70s as for the performance and defeat if that was the worst them you must have missed many other occasions,

Feeling bad , feeling dispirited - Yes but our Nadir now way.

More dispiriting as we seemed to be moving away from the Neanderthal period. My eldest son lives in Nottingham follows Rugby and his opinion of football and it's followers has not been let's say enhanced by yesterday's happenings.

1 minute ago, jerry said:

More dispiriting as we seemed to be moving away from the Neanderthal period. My eldest son lives in Nottingham follows Rugby and his opinion of football and it's followers has not been let's say enhanced by yesterday's happenings.

Realistically these types of Neanderthal's  have always been there in the background waiting for an opportunity and this was it. I'm not surprised at all and I'm sure if were were playing them along with Derby and Coventry regularly it would be a much more common occurrence, 

6 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

The day of the helicopter crash was far and away the worst day to be a City fan.

I genuinely believe a bit of the club died that day too.

I agree and maybe I should have titled it one of the worst days to be a City Fan on a game related aspect.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jerry said:

I agree and maybe I should have titled it one of the worst days to be a City Fan on a game related aspect.

Fair do's mate. 

Football-wise, yesterday is right up there. The 0-4 at home to Newcastle last season was also pretty horrendous.

• Like 1

No chance. Rotherham on boxing day 2004, Deeney day, league 1 relegation, the capitulation at Bournemouth away in lockdown, even that midweek Kermogent scored the penalty at Charlton away and ran towards the away end was worse. Yesterday was terrible, but it's early stages of the fa cup against a 'rival' who self-proclaim we are not a rival. The coke-fuelled thuggery seen pre-match is less worse than i saw outside be @ 1 in berkely sq on friday night when a bus full of essex arrived

I'm not sure if it makes it worse or not going out in that fashion against lower league opposition being the FA Cup holders. 

I think I'd have felt worse about yesterday had we not beaten Chelsea last May. Our clubs name is engraved on that cup whatever happens. 

• Like 1

It was disappointing, and it made me angry enough i turned off the tv after their 4th went in. then i went and did something else. its football. not the end of the world. and forest played well, as bad as we were, they were great.              

• Like 3