Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jerry

Worst Day to be a City Fan.

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not even close. We had a bad day and got battered, its happened before and will happen again. We've spanked Forest and Derby numerous times in my lifetime, yesterday was our turn. 

Good points. We enjoyed the great moments because we have endured the bad. Winning 9-0 at Southampton seems a long time ago but I bet their fans still wince. They are still battling away. We must do the same now and arrest our slide. As others have said this is not life and death. We are prone to getting things out of perspective where football is concerned . Yesterday was rubbish but this does not relate to administration or league one or the tragic loss of Mr Chairman and others.  

• Like 1

Yeah, Watford and Stoke at home were worse by a country mile. 

I dunno, yesterday was just symptomatic of an overall disgusting season. I almost expected it after Spurs the other week. 

I'll never forget the sight of a 6'4 grown man spontaneously burst into floods of tears when Deeney nailed that finish. It was definitely someone else... Not me. Nope. 

Yesterday was just like "oh yeah, we're still horrible". 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Yesterday was right up there in terms of that punch to the stomach feeling. 

I remember being knocked out by non league Isthmian League Harlow Town in 1980 and I had a similar feeling in terms of out and out humiliation 

I remember that too as a teenager and that hurt. This was a humiliation too, more so with the shocking performance and the idiot who ran on the pitch. Recency bias makes it seem a lot worse but the last 3 performances where we have collapsed at different stages of the game show there are real issues to be worried about.  

• Like 2

One that really hurt in recent times was the Bournemouth capitulation in 19/20. Probably because it was one of the first under this regime/ set of players and just couldn’t believe what I was witnessing. Completely chucked any chance of top 4 that day.

Strangely/ sadly yesterday was more of a numb feeling. Just got bullied, and they wanted it more. 

Edited by Foxes96
  • Like 2

It was a complete disaster from start to finish. Hearing the Forest fans taking the piss with their oles. Its going to take a lot to get over this. I think I'm going to avoid the next 2 games, as much for my own sanity and health, as anything else.

• Like 2

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Yesterday felt like sitting in your house one day. One minute your looking round admiring what you achieved and built. Suddenly to have it all crumble. Leaving you with nothing but shame. 

That’s one way to look at it 

• Haha 2

I felt much worse after the two late goals conceded against Tottenham. And the Carabao Cup capitulation at Anfield.

There was hope in those games. After we went 2-0 down yesterday there was no hope at all. Not with those shirkers.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Manini said:

Comparing the two, Spurs was worse for me too because that was almost unfathomable how that result could happen given the context in injury time. Make no mistake though we’ve been royally shown up there yesterday, but it was inevitable. Holders, local rival, full house, National TV, about as strong a squad as we could put out (bar Daka). I’m not that embarrassed about it in isolation because I saw it coming a mile off. I am embarrassed that it just seems so “leicester” that this stuff seems to happen as soon as we do something good and we can’t learn from it. The high is great but there’s always a massive **** off fall just lurking round the corner (see title defence, defence of FA Cup and the two 5th place finishes - Bournemouth away and Spurs last day) and we’re seemingly powerless to stop it. 

Its the Curse of the old  tea Lady sacked,in the 1950s...!!

• Haha 1

Worst day to be a city fan? 

3 hours ago, jerry said:

More dispiriting as we seemed to be moving away from the Neanderthal period. My eldest son lives in Nottingham follows Rugby and his opinion of football and it's followers has not been let's say enhanced by yesterday's happenings.

Because Rugby players don't ever resort to violence.  

20 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Worst I have felt after a defeat for many a season that.

18 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yesterday, I felt embarrassed to be from Leicester, for a multitude of reasons. 

Same as you pair me 

Completely disillusioned with this squad of players and staff

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I'm not sure if it makes it worse or not going out in that fashion against lower league opposition being the FA Cup holders. 

I think I'd have felt worse about yesterday had we not beaten Chelsea last May. Our clubs name is engraved on that cup whatever happens. 

That's true and having attended the 69 Final I thought I'd never live to see us win it. Just makes the down turn this season even more disappointing for me personally though.