Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jerry

Worst Day to be a City Fan.

I am very disappointed, but to me it felt an awful lot like the Man City game earlier this season. We are just so fragile right now, feel like if we concede one then the opposition truly believe they can put 4 or more past us.

At times yesterday it felt like they could have walked the ball into the net and we wouldn't have stopped them.

But it is absolutely no where near as bad as some of our darkest days, and there have been many of them.

We are still clearly a very capable side with some big holes in resilience, mentality and tactics at times. Has been the case since football restarted after lockdown, with the exception of last season's FA cup.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jerry said:

Have supported the club for 60 years and I can't remember a more dispiriting day than yesterday. Cup holders being outplayed and out fought by our closest rivals , ridiculed and named a tin pot club on social media and add that to the violence caused by thugs masquerading as supporters. Any interest in the rest of the season has died as far as I'm concerned.

The following day after the Harlow cup replay loss was not a great one for me.  But agree, yesterday´s gutless and pathetic show by LCFC, left me feeling totally embarrassed. Those players brought shame on our great Club.

• Like 1

This is more of a let down.

relegation to League one was the culmination of almost a decade of decline in which we never threatened to get promoted. Btw we should be eternally grateful to NFP for getting us out of there so quickly and efficiently - look at Portsmouth and Sunderland 

administration was terrible but again the natural consequence of terrible mismanagement over a sustained period

The Deeney play off match was horrendous but if I’m honest another season in the Championship is really what we needed at that time. Relegation would surely have followed had we got up with that squad. Emphatic promotion the following season was a much better trajectory. 

But yesterday the stage was as well set as it could be. BR emphasising the local rivalry. A strong team available for selection. FA Cup holders, off a winter break. Time to prepare and plan - something which has allegedly been a problem all season. I would never presume to win against lower opposition but really there can be no excuses for such a thumping….

• Like 2

If there are any positives to be taken then perhaps having such a disastrous, pathetic thumping at our nearest and dearest might be the jolt needed to snap out of the lethergy. An unlucky 1-0 loss (like Arsenal) or penalties might have let them off with a modicum of shoulder shrugging, anything can happen in the cup, type of reaction that would drag on. 

Perhaps it was a game changer, a turning point. But then again, perhaps not. Thursday night might give us a clue. 

• Like 1

I think we can all agree the Helicopter crash far out ways the football.

Relegation to division 1 again.

But as a one off single loss and not the result of a full season. Yesterday was the pits.

Yes the Watford and Cardiff play offs hurt. But we turned up and had fight and gave it a game.

After yesterday's game have we sent out search parties on the M1 and A46 to find our team. One thing is for certain they never turned up at the shitty ground.

Oh and sending the under 14's out was not a great idea.

• Like 1

In terms of importance, Bournemouth and especially Spurs were worse. 

In terms of how it made me feel, yesterday just about topped them.  I woke up this morning asking myself if that had really happened.

A more spineless display I struggle to remember.  Primed for a good old-fashioned piss take due to the relative fortunes of both clubs we conspired to turn that on it's head.  As Forest poured forward at will, we had no answer and had to sit back and take 90 minutes of ridicule.  There was no answer to the embarrassment that we were witnessing on the pitch.  

Add to that, our name being dragged through the mud by our own fans and it was a seriously depressing day.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, seanymac said:

Worst day to be a city fan? 

Because Rugby players don't ever resort to violence.  

Violence...usually on the pitch, rarely Off it...

If you want to argue, come here mate & I will Deck you, then run you over & do Donuts over your belly with my wheelchair...:crylaugh:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, marbles said:

If a bad game or bad season has you ready to stop watching, than you are nothing but a bandwagon fan.

Leave us your contact info and we’ll let you know when they’re winning, so you can “support” them again.

Oooh Salty 😉

Worst day to be a City fan, not by a long stretch. 

In no particular order.

- Getting spanked 5-0 at home on the opening day of the season by newly promoted team.

- Relegation to League 1

- La Manga (1 and 2 )

- Losing the boss

- Chucking a 3 goal lead at Molineux amongst many throw aways that season.

- Swindon play off final

- The Watford shambles

- Some chap off ceefax knocking us out of the FA cup.

- Blowing a two goal lead at Bolton when they were down to nine men.

- Back in the day I remember Newcastle beating us when we were 4-2 up.

I could go on and on.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, marbles said:

If a bad game or bad season has you ready to stop watching, than you are nothing but a bandwagon fan.

Leave us your contact info and we’ll let you know when they’re winning, so you can “support” them again.

Well I will always come back with a reminder that my first season turning up out of my own volition was the year we were relegated to League One. I stood there in the sleet in Blackpool and watched my childhood hero Paul Dickov score to sink us 2-1, and we were abysmal. The scoreline flattered us.

I've supported the team through thick and thin, but never in the 15 years of doing so have I felt so thoroughly disconnected from the team out there on the pitch, or as sick to death of the wet flannel nature of half of our fanbase and the neanderthal-like idiocy of another smaller portion. I don't enjoy it anymore. The fun's probably been waning for a few seasons since the ridiculous high of the Prem win, but I can't remember a more turgid and sudden downturn in our fortunes since the Peter Taylor era. Yesterday was just the straw that broke the camel's back and convinced me to, at the very least, be far less invested in LCFC than I have been in the past. I'm just throwing money at something that doesn't bring me enjoyment at present, either on the pitch or as a general community.

If I'm having serious doubts about whether I can get myself up for it any more, after living through Stoke, being there through Deeney Day, following my team home and away in three divisions and two levels of European competition... what's the hope for others? I at least expect something back from the players to let me believe they care, and yesterday seemed to confirm to me that they don't.

You know something's seriously wrong with the squad attitude when you're left pining for hard-working but ultimately limited players like Iain Hume, Marcin Wasilewski and Steve Howard after seven years in the top flight. All would have put more on the line yesterday than we were forced to swallow from this squad of shrinking violets.

I definitely need a break for a couple of games at the very least, to reset my mind. It's not worth the hassle.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Oooh Salty 😉

May be salty, but it reminds me of Dallas Cowboy fans.

Here in Texas, when they’re winning, you see jerseys everywhere and everyone claims to be a lifelong supporter and season ticket holder.

When they’re losing, it’s hard to find a fan anywhere.  

it’s understandable to be upset with a bad performance/game/season.  But to throw away something you report to “love” because of it?

Really?

Its easy to love a team that’s winning.  A true fan sticks by their team when things are not going good.

Edited by marbles