Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jerry

Worst Day to be a City Fan.

I think people need to get a grip and trust in BR. He saved himself alot of pain being honest yesterday after the match. It kind of gives us all some insight in the state of things, and those who argue with the.. well if they are not listening then its the managers/coaches fault.. well they were listening before when we won the FA cup so whats changed. He is spot on with the 'hunger' and we need to start again.

Edited by Simoken

Losing to Wycombe when we looked nailed on for Wembley or Drawing v Stoke and getting relegated to Div 1 with the prospect of playing Hartlepool Stockport Walsall and Yeovil in the league . ( actually not too bad but cost us our proud record)

yesterday wouldn’t make my top 20

Guest Col city fan

The most gutting day for me as a City fan was the Swindon play off match where Steve Thompson pulled us back to 3 all only to see the Swindon striker dive to win a late penalty. 
I’ve never felt so cheated out of a result than on that day and can still think of it like it was yesterday. 

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Well I will always come back with a reminder that my first season turning up out of my own volition was the year we were relegated to League One. I stood there in the sleet in Blackpool and watched my childhood hero Paul Dickov score to sink us 2-1, and we were abysmal. The scoreline flattered us.

I've supported the team through thick and thin, but never in the 15 years of doing so have I felt so thoroughly disconnected from the team out there on the pitch, or as sick to death of the wet flannel nature of half of our fanbase and the neanderthal-like idiocy of another smaller portion. I don't enjoy it anymore. The fun's probably been waning for a few seasons since the ridiculous high of the Prem win, but I can't remember a more turgid and sudden downturn in our fortunes since the Peter Taylor era. Yesterday was just the straw that broke the camel's back and convinced me to, at the very least, be far less invested in LCFC than I have been in the past. I'm just throwing money at something that doesn't bring me enjoyment at present, either on the pitch or as a general community.

If I'm having serious doubts about whether I can get myself up for it any more, after living through Stoke, being there through Deeney Day, following my team home and away in three divisions and two levels of European competition... what's the hope for others? I at least expect something back from the players to let me believe they care, and yesterday seemed to confirm to me that they don't.

You know something's seriously wrong with the squad attitude when you're left pining for hard-working but ultimately limited players like Iain Hume, Marcin Wasilewski and Steve Howard after seven years in the top flight. All would have put more on the line yesterday than we were forced to swallow from this squad of shrinking violets.

I definitely need a break for a couple of games at the very least, to reset my mind. It's not worth the hassle.

I understand your sentiments entirely which is why I started this thread. Yes we have had worse days but this felt somehow different and maybe a game changer for those who have supported the club through thick and an awful lot of thin. Awful awful day not just for the result but the manner of defeat and violence associated with it. Pride in my club is everything and I'm afraid that is at a very low ebb today.

• Like 1