Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool (A) - Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Why are we so obsessed with these short balls out to the defence from goal kicks? They are terrible and more often than not put us under terrible pressure. I wouldn't do it with our first defence, and I definitely wouldn't do it with this makeshift one. And not against bloody Liverpool at Anfield. We will never learn.

Pretty obvious why we’re doing it is it not? 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Can definitely see Soumaré being the new Iheanacho. 

Comes in with high expectations, struggles to adjust, fans assume he's shit, loses confidence, fans feel vindicated in their opinion, get on his back, confidence gets worse, play gets worse, fans get worse, etc. 

You don't go from being the spine of a title winning team to absolute muck. He's clearly a talented footballer.

I'm not suggesting people pretend he's world class and we should play him every week but people definitely do need to calm the fvck down with the over the top negativity. 

Honestly I think it’s hard enough for some players adjusting to new countries, new languages, new league and style of football, let alone adding to that the fact that generally we are playing negative backwards football and have absolutely no clue how to defend it doesn’t surprise me he’s struggling to adapt. 

• Like 1