Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool (A) - Match Thread

They are one of the best teams in world football, or at least top 8 anyway.

Its a difficult match to judge us on in isolation. More positives than not despite the scoreline. My biggest worryis putting away the weaker sides going forward.

Not a bad half considering.

Frustrating goal to concede. N’Didi at fault - he lost VVD which meant JJ had to attack the ball and therefore lost Jota.

Amartey, Albrighton, KDH and Madders all look very good. Need a bit more up top, Daka way too isolated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yes I agree, however I'm looking at the remainder of the season and not just tonight. If we work hard as a team we can improve our form and start winning. If we show anywhere near the work rate and commitment we did on Sunday, we will be lucky to win another game this season. I don't particularly expect us to win tonight  Liverpool are one of best teams in the world and are mile ahead of us, but if we can show some fight 2nd half we could get something out of it. Whilst I'd love us to win tonight, the players attitude, fight and commitment is vital tonight, regardless of result. 

The fights fine but if we continue to fail with the basics like set pieces and passing a football then its all academic imo. Fight and effort should be the bare minimum 

Edited by foxfanazer

Guest BlueBrett

Disappointing to concede from yet another set piece but so much better overall. Still in the game at 1-0, hopefully we can keep them out and nick a late equaliser

Marc's having a very good game, alot of what we were missing on Sunday, KDH at the start of the half too. They've just strangled us out basically and nicked a goal, not that they don't deserve it because we've still been sloppy but it isn't horrifically embarrassing.

What the f*** was that from the ref at the end of the half by the way. We were caught off-site so a free-kick to them, ref let's them play the ball like it was free play, didn't stop it on the floor, just whistled and carried. And then a minute later they get another free-kick, they move it 10 yards forward, Maddison see's it and points it out to the ref, nothing!

Unbelievably weak ref. Getting bossed around the pitch by Liverpool there

• Like 2

Didn’t think Soumaré has played too bad in fairness, but sounds like I’m the only one. 

Miles better than the weekend in terms of effort and application. Liverpool are clearly the better side but we’ve had a few half chances. Still got a chance to take something from this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

We’ve essentially rocked up at Anfield solely with the intent of not getting embarrassed. 

which isn't a bad thing, stay in the game as long as possible, keep it tight, try and nick something on the break, if we could defend set pieces, it may have a chance of getting a result.

I don't know what everyone is expecting here. If we open up too much they could rip us to bits and the game would already be out of sight. Wilf should have done better from that corner but barring that they've not exactly hammered our goal. The later in the game we can make it without conceding another the better our chances. 

Edited by chuck'em
  • Like 2