Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool (A) - Match Thread

Credible so far, Soumare confuses me though, his footballing brain, doesn't seem to read things like where the runners are headed, that his team mate needs him to become a passing option etc, just a strange sense / lack of awareness but once he's on the ball he can move with it smoothly at times, but he just seems to be on a different page to the others most of the time :dunno:.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Decent half if we were a league one side at anfield in the cup. But for a side who want to come in the top half we look very limited. Good job Liverpool havnt played well. 

Thought we broke play up better

Think a bit harsh to say league one

They are on a good run  and a really good team

Just now, foxfanazer said:

The fights fine but if we continue to fail with the basics like set pieces and passing a football then its all academic imo

Agreed, we do shoot ourselves in the foot by making the same mistakes every week. Whilst we have defended well for the most part, and have made it tough for Liverpool to break us down, we've gifted them one of the easiest goals they will score all season.  The annoying thing is that if you can't defend set pieces, any team in the league including the likes of Burnley and Norwich, who struggle to score goals, will score against you. I don't ever have any faith we will keep a clean sheet so know we always have to score at least 2 to win which is pathetic to be honest! 

• Like 2

Lots of endeavour but clear lack of quality.

Feel sorry for Daka. He's made runs on the shoulder to get in behind but we don't want to feed him. Midfield getting overrun and Soumare for me is simply not good enough.

Time and time again it's clear to see he is lazy and just ambling about and wants an absolute age on the ball.

I can't see a way how we can change it to win or get something out of the game with different personnel or formation unless the team actually show some intent In moving the ball quickly and playing to our forward (in this case) Daka strengths.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

which isn't a bad thing, stay in the game as long as possible, keep it tight, try and nick something on the break, if we could defend set pieces, it may have a chance of getting a result.

But unfortunately we cant so we’ve essentially turned up to lose but not badly. 

Maddison is just immense. At times just looks untouchable and world-class, he did it again Man City too. It's not all the time but he he's the only player we have where he looks that class above when playing top class opposition. I think Lookman has a bit of this in him too. 

• Like 2

Just now, Filberts lovechild said:

Better so far. Think it’s obvious we’re lacking cutting edge and quality up top though.

Anyone else think that was never a corner for their goal tho? Amartey hit the ball onto Firmino swinging leg

Clear goal kick, as soon as the corner was incorrectly given to Liverpool, the goal  was inevitable. Poor defending by Ndidi tho. Again.