Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool (A) - Match Thread

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Lots of endeavour but clear lack of quality.

Feel sorry for Daka. He's made runs on the shoulder to get in behind but we don't want to feed him. Midfield getting overrun and Soumare for me is simply not good enough.

Time and time again it's clear to see he is lazy and just ambling about and wants an absolute age on the ball.

I can't see a way how we can change it to win or get something out of the game with different personnel or formation unless the team actually show some intent In moving the ball quickly and playing to our forward (in this case) Daka strengths.

Must be a bit soul destroying.

Edited by trabuch

Just now, Collymore said:

Maddison is just immense. At times just looks untouchable and world-class, he did it again Man City too. It's not all the time but he he's the only player we have where he looks that class above when playing top class opposition. I think Lookman has a bit of this in him too. 

Agreed. That move from him at the beginning that forced Allison into a save was sublime.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Daka is being bullied by VVD, mainly because there's not a blue shirt anywhere near him.

Still in the game but we need to up the tempo, and Soumare needs to stop giving it away 

Most strikers do get bullied by VVD. I think Daka has done OK considering. 

2 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Better so far. Think it’s obvious we’re lacking cutting edge and quality up top though.

Anyone else think that was never a corner for their goal tho? Amartey hit the ball onto Firmino swinging leg

I forgot they got the corner from that. Was never a corner. Not like anyone will on bt will talk about it. One sided fvcks

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Maddison is just immense. At times just looks untouchable and world-class, he did it again Man City too. It's not all the time but he he's the only player we have where he looks that class above when playing top class opposition. I think Lookman has a bit of this in him too. 

He infuriates me 80% of the time lol

But I am quite grumpy!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, beepee1984 said:

I was blaming Ndidi for the goal, but what he hell was Maddison doing? 

Too busy dancing instead of defending!

Maddison should just get in his way. Slow the guys run down, block him. We need that extra desire in set pieces.

• Like 1

If VESTERGAARD and soyincu weren't on the bench I'd love to see a new cb on for soumare to get ndidi back in midfield.

On reflection, keep you big bollobks inflated Brendan. Bring on hamza for a defensive masterclass. 

Either keep them out or break one of their ****ing forwards. Or all 3.

6 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Marc's having a very good game, alot of what we were missing on Sunday, KDH at the start of the half too. They've just strangled us out basically and nicked a goal, not that they don't deserve it because we've still been sloppy but it isn't horrifically embarrassing.

What the f*** was that from the ref at the end of the half by the way. We were caught off-site so a free-kick to them, ref let's them play the ball like it was free play, didn't stop it on the floor, just whistled and carried. And then a minute later they get another free-kick, they move it 10 yards forward, Maddison see's it and points it out to the ref, nothing!

Unbelievably weak ref. Getting bossed around the pitch by Liverpool there

He’s the biggest big side ref going they pretty much have for home games all the time