Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool (A) - Match Thread

That back four :nigel:

That said, not sad to see Cags dropped, he's been an absolute car crash all season. Big test for Justin, has looked rusty since his return and he'll have Diaz running against him.

I hope Maddison isn't playing as an inside forward, it's a position he rarely plays well in. He's been excellent through the middle recently.

Can't see anything but an absolute hiding tonight.

4 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Agree with Tielemans, Barnes and Soy being dropped; but feel for Kelechi. I don't know what he has to do to get a game. I would rather have Lookman as a sub but I guess he is one who could provide a slither of width ito this team. Lots of responsibility with this team on Kiernan. I go for Liverpool with 90%+ possession and 100+ shots at our goal. Lord knows how many goals they'll get. 

10 for a new premier league record!!

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

How long have you been on FT? You should know better! 

I can already see the comments that we should have started players that were dropped. 

Rodgers can't win today really regarding selections, didn't agree with his comments the other day but if he'd have started Tielemans and Soyuncu people would be saying he's weak. But if his comments were meant to give them a kick up the arse then people will question why you wouldn't start them. 

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Disagree, reads more of a 5

Suggesting Thomas at LCB and Albrighton at LWB? Surely not?

Would’ve been listed as the below if it was a back 3/5, no?

Amartey 

Ndidi

Justin

Albrighton 

Soumaré

KDH

Thomas

Guess well have to wait and see when they kick off. 

Standby for a mullering. How soon before Dias gets on the score sheet? James Justin, who I do like, will get the toughest of nights with Robertson and Dias doubling up on him. I cant see Albrighton getting forward too much, and see us clearing it out and the bll coming back all the time. Big pressure on Madders to keep hold of it. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Rodgers can't win today really regarding selections, didn't agree with his comments the other day but if he'd have started Tielemans and Soyuncu people would be saying he's weak. But if his comments were meant to give them a kick up the arse then people will question why you wouldn't start them. 

If he started them, then he would be accused of empty words, so you are right, he cannot win

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
14 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

To me, that team sends a message. Barnes, soyuncu and tielemans dropped from the weekend. 

He is setting out his stall. 

I still think we will lose, but nice to see some strong management from Rodgers about unacceptable standards. 

How strong will his management be when we lose 6-0

Also for those moaning about the back four, isn't it the same back four that beat Liverpool at the KP except for Justin? Seem to recall it was Ndidi and Amartey at centre back anyway.

Just now, adejo92 said:

Brendands found his balls and dropped those that need dropping.

Big call but a necessary one.

Being dropped for a midfielder to play in your position is a big wake up call to how sh1t you must be.

He made these changes a game too late... Would rather have KDH against Forest and Tielemans tonight, but there you go.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

When you actually break our defensive options down you realise how average we are at the back ! That’s a bottom 3 defence, Rodgers needs to be given a chance to strengthen and try rebuild for next year 

Limited options in defence but still no place for our £15m CB summer signing. Obviously Rodgers not at fault for bringing the useless lump in. lol

• Like 2