Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 2-0 Leicester - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, goody2028 said:

Thought lookman played alright tonight to be fair 

I thought lookman did well on the ball, showed good strength and some nice turns and runs. He is far better on the left and helps Thomas out more than Barnes. He gives more balance down the left. It was always going to be a damage limitation exercise tonight and he was never going to see much of the ball but he deserves a few games on the left hand side to see what he brings to the team in that position. I don't think we've seen the best of him as Rodgers has used him all over the place at the top of the pitch . Saying that, he will probably end up CB at this rate knowing Rodgers tactics at the minute.

14 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

I'll go against the grain a bit.

Considering how brittle our confidence is and that we were playing away at Liverpool, I don't think it was too bad. I thought we defended okay, yes Kasper made lots of saves but they were often pot shots, and I thought we fought well and worked hard. Clearly we wanted to play on the counter, unfortunately we fluffed any opportunities we did get with poor decisions or passes. Set pieces remain a nightmare. 

Our issues were never going to be resolved in an away game at Anfield - all I wanted today was to see some fight and desire after Sunday's debacle and we got that. 

Fair points, well made.

5 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

No Vardy until April, and next season he will be 36 with barely having played for 9 months. He's going to be a bit part player, super sub next season, but tonight was what a future without Vardy looks like.

It’s really not, playing one of the top 2 best teams in the league, away from home whilst confidence is in the gutter, really isn’t a fair reflection of what our future without Vards looks like 👍🏻

25 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

I'll go against the grain a bit.

Considering how brittle our confidence is and that we were playing away at Liverpool, I don't think it was too bad. I thought we defended okay, yes Kasper made lots of saves but they were often pot shots, and I thought we fought well and worked hard. Clearly we wanted to play on the counter, unfortunately we fluffed any opportunities we did get with poor decisions or passes. Set pieces remain a nightmare. 

Our issues were never going to be resolved in an away game at Anfield - all I wanted today was to see some fight and desire after Sunday's debacle and we got that. 

Absolutely spot on! 

5 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

So brendan says the game was in the balance :dunno::giggle::nono:.

Not the game I watched.

F,cking clown.

Well he’s factually correct - if matip had banged one in his own goal before jota scored the second then it would have then been 1-1 

of course it would have needed to be an OG cos we weren’t creating anything ourselves ! 

11 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Based on what exactly? The fact we ship goals for fun? Can't defend a corner to save our lives? Have some of our best players injured? Have some of our previously good players (Youri and Cags) playing like a bag of spanners? Or that we can't keep the ball for longer than 10 seconds at a time?

We’ll be fine an awful season after a few top quality seasons Brendan needs now to show us why he still deserves to be Leicester manager he needs now to turn our form around play the kids if he needs too bench the want to be away or couldn’t give a shhht players, he needs to show us why aTop picked him as aTop manager rather than have to keep changing the boss every 3 or other season he needs to give us stability whether that is show us he can rebuild our squad into a regular top 5 team or not if not he should hold his hands up and say he couldn’t let another manager come in!

But something in me thinks Brendan can turn out luck around and change our fortunes if he is given a decent war chest in the summer he gets rid of the dead wood I really think he can sort Us out give us our regular top 5 spots let’s hope this happens but I think he’ll not finish the season !

Liverpool were in second gear. 

Odd subbing Ian on for Daka when losing. Ian can't play on his own, we've seen and proved this. 

Barnes offers **** all, absolutely wank season from him.

Tielemans is woeful, look forward to saying farewell and moving on...

Cannot wait for May

Didn't see it but clear where the issues lie. BR knows that now it feels and would like the opportunity to address it. I also think changes now could involved 2-3 so called bigger names leaving but requires a strong level of investment in.

You do fall in to the "they need time to gel" area though as a result but BR won't have that next season if still here.

So difficult decisions all round. 

15 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Not sure anyone but KS, KDH and MA performed tonight. DA and JM had their moments, but everyone else looked like what we are, a lower half of the table club.

We’ve viewed the game differently then, as I thought Maddison was decent enough tonight too. Unlucky not to score when Lookman slid him in in the first half.

10 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Different day and we could have conceded two more goals because of Ndidi’s sloppy play. Appreciate he’s out of position but he didn’t look confident at all.

Damned if we do, damned if we don’t is the situ at the back.

I thought Ndidi was superb at the back personally