Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 2-0 Leicester - Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

No fight

No desire

No character

No plan

Didnt threaten Liverpool once

Rodgers setup in entirely damage limitation mode with zero ambition for anything other than avoiding a 5-0 drubbing.

The team is a shadow of its former self, no belief, no ‘f*** you, we’re Leicester!’

I can’t see how Rodgers can turn this around even with 2 or 3 signings

The team has lost its heart and with Vardy and Evans basically done and ready for retirement, and Kasper planning to follow them, it’s a characterless team

Exactly what I have said in my 2 posts in here tonight......I can't believe we're actually happy to accept a response from forest and just not get thrashed. What happened to playing football and taking the game to teams like we have the past 2 seasons? Something isn't right and something needs to change quick before we end up dragged into a relegation battle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Only positive we didn’t concede at least 5, effort was good but everything else was poor, make no mistake Liverpool barely broke sweat and still should have hammered us, we huffed and puffed just to keep it respectable. We are back to where we were in those last days under Puel, star players dropped and only ambition to keep the score line acceptable. 

1 draw from our last 4 games and 10 goals conceded. 

How badly has Rodgers mismanged the defence that we're playing a 4th choice utility player and our best defensive midfielder rather than picking our actual two fit actual central defenders.

Edited by jim5000
  • Like 1

Just now, Twitcher said:

What are you expecting away at Liverpool; have you seen their home record?

I don't think Villa, Wolves, Brighton go there expecting to get anything. A battling performance to the end is about it, and we did that.

We lose at home to Norwich or Burnley and I might agree.

I don't expect anything anymore mate

I'd love a player to just LOOK angry about what's going on. 

I don't even care if they are angry, just pretend. Ask for an extra 10%

Every game passes every player by with us unable to affect the flow of a match. The opposition always have full control of how a game goes.

We can never shift momentum, good or bad. 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is exactly what I thought, but the negativity around his performance on here gave me pause, so I am very glad you said it. :D

His dribbling, control and strength on the ball was literally exceptional. That turn he did which sent Trent the wrong way … 👌🏻

2 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

How badly has Rodgers mismanged the defence that we're playing a 4th choice utility player and our best defensive midfielder rather than picking our actual two fit actual central defenders.

The 2 fit CBs are Cags and Vestegaard both of whom have been a car crash so far. If we had played them, Liverpool would have scored double figures! 

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Playing 2 up top either means 2 in midfield or 5 at the back, 2 in mid you are overrun and 3 5 at the back our fans are allergic too

We have nothing going forward. We are being opened up as it is. We had a good balance with 5-3-2. It certainly offered more than the 4-2-3-1 with a piss poor Tielemans and Nacho isolated with no service.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Did ok first half, felt we had a chance of getting something but didn't offer anywhere near enough in the second. Would have taken 2-0 at the start but it's another defeat and another goal from a set piece.

Why would any supporter of a football club write that?         ( Would have taken 2-0 at the start )

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Because I don’t think a mid table finish after the last 2 years warrants being sacked. If we were 17th I’d think differently as I did with Ranieri. Ultimately the owners will do what they do, and I’ll back them either way.

We're only 8 points above 17th with 21 games played. We've got a very tough schedule through February with a squad the feels depleted even though there are only 3 players out.

There is plenty of time to get dragged into a relegation fight, and we are currently a team berift of fight or character, with out best striker and talisman, and our only competent defender, both out until April.

I really hope there's more to Soumare than we've seen so far. I thought he was really poor today, he didn't seem to know where he was supposed to be while he was on the pitch and kept running towards the ball rather than tracking runners.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bozman said:

Why would any supporter of a football club write that?         ( Would have taken 2-0 at the start )

If you are expecting to lose a game, you'd have taken a 2-0 defeat at the start. What's difficult to understand about that?