Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 2-0 Leicester - Post Match Thread

17 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Not awful against an almost full strength Liverpool side at Anfield. Not great but some bright spots. Appreciated the effort. Youri looks like he's left already so I say keep him out the side a bit, let him prove he's worth a big move.

No club will want to lump on a player that's demonstrated that kind of attitude. Shop window time for him. 

How has 'not utterly shitting the bed at the back' become 'not awful'.

We were terrible, we offered nothing, had no gameplan other than to not get pasted, and gave nothing for those fans that had travelled up on a freezing winter night to cheer. It was awful.

• Like 4

We need a major reset and go again.

this season has run away from us.

I’ve gone from feeling frustrated to angry to sad and now just numb. The players put in a graft today atleast (wish they did that against forest) but it feels all too little too late doesn’t it?

we just gotta soldier on and get to the finish line without too much more damage to our pride and reputation.

the good times have gone this season.

im hoping for much better next season.

40 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

A bit more effort, but in reality, we are a really poor team who need a change in management. This isn't going to get any better while he is still here. 

Cannot defend set pieces

Cannot score from set pieces

Don't offer much going forward, we actually have a high amount of goals for the lack of creativity

I think West Ham will be his 

If it was going to cost £0 to get rid of Rodgers I still think we are weeks away from him being sacked but because its £20 mill i think it will be a lot longer

• Like 1

Tonight was not as bad as Sunday. Liverpool were far too good for us, but we rolled up our shelves and its that mentality that will get us of this slump, however it won’t happen over night. We need to stop losing, build on something positive and look to refresh in the summer. BR as stated plans are in place to recruit they right type of players, which suggest a player mentality will be important. Too many of our better players are weak mentality and need to be moved on. I am not convinced changing the manager will do us any favours. I am not convinced there is any one better out there!

Finally, as fans we need to get behind them, but the players themselves need to put the effort in and not take us for granted!🏆🏆🏆🏆

I'll go against the grain a bit.

Considering how brittle our confidence is and that we were playing away at Liverpool, I don't think it was too bad. I thought we defended okay, yes Kasper made lots of saves but they were often pot shots, and I thought we fought well and worked hard. Clearly we wanted to play on the counter, unfortunately we fluffed any opportunities we did get with poor decisions or passes. Set pieces remain a nightmare. 

Our issues were never going to be resolved in an away game at Anfield - all I wanted today was to see some fight and desire after Sunday's debacle and we got that. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, hejammy said:

The 2 fit CBs are Cags and Vestegaard both of whom have been a car crash so far. If we had played them, Liverpool would have scored double figures! 

Cags has been exceptional in the past, and Vestergaard is an international and seasoned Premier League player. I think it reflects more on Rodgers that he can't get a tune out of them and has to resort to playing Amarteyand Ndidi out of position, and weakening us in midfield. It's his ridgid insistence that we have to play a high line and play out from the back, rather than actually tweaking his approach to build a solid defence out of actual defenders.

All good teams are built on a good defence, and Rodgers just hasn't worked with the players he has available and as a result, the defence is crap and everything further up the pitch suffers. We are in freefall and negative feedback now, only 9 points above the relegation spots and with no signs of fight or the next 3 points anywhere in the team.

Edited by jim5000

43 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

More effort, more at it,  yes, but we were obviously and by far the second best team tonight.

Allison Becker could have done his VAT return for most of that 90 minutes.

West Ham is must win.

I’m dreading West Ham Sunday this could either be a disaster or a decent performance and I definitely hope it’s the latter, the hammers can turn it on and kick the shh out of even the best team In the league so we definitely need to be at our best to beat this lot so let’s hope Rodgers sorts our sorry lot out and beat the shh out of the hammers !!