Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 2-0 Leicester - Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

I'll go against the grain a bit.

Considering how brittle our confidence is and that we were playing away at Liverpool, I don't think it was too bad. I thought we defended okay, yes Kasper made lots of saves but they were often pot shots, and I thought we fought well and worked hard. Clearly we wanted to play on the counter, unfortunately we fluffed any opportunities we did get with poor decisions or passes. Set pieces remain a nightmare. 

Our issues were never going to be resolved in an away game at Anfield - all I wanted today was to see some fight and desire after Sunday's debacle and we got that. 

Do you not think we could have pressed Liverpool a bit harder, with a bit more aggression?

6 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

Tonight was not as bad as Sunday. Liverpool were far too good for us, but we rolled up our shelves and its that mentality that will get us of this slump, however it won’t happen over night. We need to stop losing, build on something positive and look to refresh in the summer. BR as stated plans are in place to recruit they right type of players, which suggest a player mentality will be important. Too many of our better players are weak mentality and need to be moved on. I am not convinced changing the manager will do us any favours. I am not convinced there is any one better out there!

Finally, as fans we need to get behind them, but the players themselves need to put the effort in and not take us for granted!🏆🏆🏆🏆

he said this last summer, that they were going to bring in winners and players with the right mentality. We got Soumare, Bertrand, and Vestergaard (jury still out but hopeful on Daka)

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Silverfox14 said:

In many respects I found that almost (not quite and for different reasons) as deflating as Forest match,    Cannon fodder for an ok first gear Liverpool performance.

I am not seeing the value in Lookman at all-surely we can do better for the money?

Thought lookman played alright tonight to be fair 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silverfox14 said:

In many respects I found that almost (not quite and for different reasons) as deflating as Forest match,    Cannon fodder for an ok first gear Liverpool performance.

I am not seeing the value in Lookman at all-surely we can do better for the money?

He was literally in our top 3 performers tonight …

• Like 2

Just now, justfoxes said:

You should be

Based on what exactly? The fact we ship goals for fun? Can't defend a corner to save our lives? Have some of our best players injured? Have some of our previously good players (Youri and Cags) playing like a bag of spanners? Or that we can't keep the ball for longer than 10 seconds at a time?

2 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Two words for what's wrong.

NO VARDY

No Vardy until April, and next season he will be 36 with barely having played for 9 months. He's going to be a bit part player, super sub next season, but tonight was what a future without Vardy looks like.

• Like 1

Plenty of effort tonight, absolutely zero quality. We don't look fit enough in all honesty. Seem to get out worked by virtually every team we come up against. Brendan can't seem to strike a balance between quality and work rate. 

Liverpool are a very good side but they strolled to victory without us really testing them. I really fear where we are headed unless drastic changes are made. The current situation is very worrying indeed.