Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 2-0 Leicester - Post Match Thread

41 minutes ago, Silverfox14 said:

In many respects I found that almost (not quite and for different reasons) as deflating as Forest match,    Cannon fodder for an ok first gear Liverpool performance.

I am not seeing the value in Lookman at all-surely we can do better for the money?

Not sure many players would look good in this team at the moment.

Look at Barnes for example 

Hard to judge lookman until we get out the slump 

15 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Liverpool were in second gear. 

Odd subbing Ian on for Daka when losing. Ian can't play on his own, we've seen and proved this. 

Barnes offers **** all, absolutely wank season from him.

Tielemans is woeful, look forward to saying farewell and moving on...

Cannot wait for May

Absolutely this!  Made no sense to me. If we were going to put Nacho on it had to be to play up with Daka, because we know Nacho is ineffective on his own, but usually plays well in a two.  Also taking Daka off, took away any threat of us getting in behind because he took Dakas pace off. I know Daka hadnt done anything up to that point, but with Liverpool always defending on the half way line when they go forward, it would have only taken one decent through ball or ball over the top and Daka may have been in. In fact about 5 minutes after Nacho came on, someone put a decent ball through, but Nacho wasnt quick enough in the foot race.

Edited by smudger63

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't expect anything anymore mate

It wasn't that long ago we'd have given anything just to be back in the Premier League. 

I still chase that 40 point mark, and safety each year and breathe a sigh of relief.

I guess my bar must be set that bit lower. 

Sometimes this place feels like it exists in its own universe!

Rodgers will NOT be sacked or leave during this season no matter how many people say/hope/predict/wish or demand he should be.

As I've said before, the pundits and papers say he's a top manager - so he must be - and no amount of losses or even relegation will change that.

It's the players fault, even though they are superstars (pundits and press) and no amount of s*it performances or even relegation will change that.

Basically it's all b*llocks.

• Like 1

Brendan won’t be sacked. We’re 12th with 3 games in hand over some teams. We could find ourselves 7th-10th by the end of the season and with a europa league spot again if things go well in the conference league. For a club like ours that is totally acceptable. I’ve seen people likening this season with the season after we won the PL and Claudio got the sack. This isn’t like that. We were actually going down with Claudio in charge. There is no way we’ll go down this season. We’ve got far too many quality players who on their day can win us football matches. We’ve had a poor season, no doubt. But let’s not get carried away. A rebuild in the summer will do the trick and we’ll go again next season 👍🏻

• Like 4

Kasper was good today. Thought overall we were OK but uninspiring, Daka should have had more time. Maddison was close to being good a few times but we lacked up front.

I'm not sure I agree with the 'didn't get out of second gear' chat. They weren't great but they were good, the winger they had was very good.

I thought we'd lose 6 or 7 - 0 so I think we did alright. A few of the lads looked like they had more fight. Soumare isn't very good though imo

1 hour ago, bluefox1 said:

So brendan says the game was in the balance :dunno::giggle::nono:.

Not the game I watched.

F,cking clown.

It was in the balance?! We weren’t particularly threatening but it was only 1-0 until the 86th minute. That’s what in the balance means. And don’t tell me you didn’t have any hope that we’d equalise. 

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, adam said:

Just seen on Bentleys Roof that no clean sheet in the league now away from home now for 12 months. Impressive. 

Just pause a moment and say that again…

👍 tells you all you need to know about this team 

18 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Brendan won’t be sacked. We’re 12th with 3 games in hand over some teams. We could find ourselves 7th-10th by the end of the season and with a europa league spot again if things go well in the conference league. For a club like ours that is totally acceptable. I’ve seen people likening this season with the season after we won the PL and Claudio got the sack. This isn’t like that. We were actually going down with Claudio in charge. There is no way we’ll go down this season. We’ve got far too many quality players who on their day can win us football matches. We’ve had a poor season, no doubt. But let’s not get carried away. A rebuild in the summer will do the trick and we’ll go again next season 👍🏻

Very optimistic that. We're 10 points behind tottenham who are 7th. We're not catching them.  We've won 5 league games since the start of October. We've been knocked out of the europa league when we couldn't of got an easier group and knocked out the FA Cup by a championship side. The season has been a complete disaster.  These so called quality players have not performed so far this season so what makes you think they will start now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Do you remember not so long ago when we literally fancied ourselves against anyone? On our day, with the ability in our squad, if we turned up and played well, we could beat any team.

How times have changed now. Our games aren't something to look forward to anymore. Every game is a laboured struggle to scrape anything from it. BR has slowly sucked the life out of us and everything that made us such an exciting prospect in the league.

It's so depressing.

Literally gone from being this exciting, counter attacking side to a weak, miserable, depressing side. 

What a fvcking turnaround that is.

Just now, buzzer_b said:

Literally gone from being this exciting, counter attacking side to a weak, miserable, depressing side. 

What a fvcking turnaround that is.

The awful persistence with playing short goal kicks out to our CBs sums it up for me. Gone have the days of Kasper looking for a quick accurate ball up the pitch to release the counter attack. Now we would rather keep possession at the back for for a few seconds before inevitably losing it to the opposite outside our box. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bmt said:

Kasper was good today. Thought overall we were OK but uninspiring, Daka should have had more time. Maddison was close to being good a few times but we lacked up front.

I'm not sure I agree with the 'didn't get out of second gear' chat. They weren't great but they were good, the winger they had was very good.

I thought we'd lose 6 or 7 - 0 so I think we did alright. A few of the lads looked like they had more fight. Soumare isn't very good though imo

Without Kasper, Liverpool could have easily had 4 goals and that’s not even counting Salah’s shot off the woodwork. Aside from Maddison’s early run, we barely ever looked like threatening them. 

I wish I could see it differently but Liverpool cruised past us. 

• Like 1

Pleased with the application and the fact we didn’t lose our heads after falling behind but other than that it was a very ‘meh’ performance. No chance of winning, keep the score down and work for a draw. Worked to start with, and some promising moments that broke down. Subs made little sense to me. Lookman was having a good game for me, if we were going to bring Harvey on, why not it addition to Ade not to replace him. Nacho needs a partner, and although Daka struggled to get into it tonight, the two together would make more sense to me. Another one ticked off and out of the way, and that about sums it up recently 

3 things I noticed, 

we can’t clear are lines , we have the chances but for some reason we just don’t put our foot through the ball.

we had chances to put players into goal striking situations but we have no idea how to draw a defender and set a player up . 

And YOURI came on didn’t he , well we see jack shit from him , better he sit on the bench , because he’s a imposter at present 

I watched the first half before going to work and we just looked uninspiring. Not at any point did i feel like we could get something from the game. Maybe the second half was better but for all we huffed and puffed Liverpool never really had to break sweat to get the win.

5 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Does anybody else get more wound up by a result like that just through how really unlikeable Rodgers is, like it's hard to explain but I really really cannot take to him at all.....just me?? lol

You're not alone. I've been feeling that way about Rodgers for the best part of two years - even when we were winning. Don't think he's fooling anyone with his blarney any more. Thankfully his time's almost up! Top's finger must be on the trigger and he might just pull it if West Ham do another number on us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Twitcher said:

It wasn't that long ago we'd have given anything just to be back in the Premier League. 

I still chase that 40 point mark, and safety each year and breathe a sigh of relief.

I guess my bar must be set that bit lower. 

Which is perfectly fine. Everyone will have different expectations for the club. Its not our position in the table that concerns me to be honest mate. It's our flimsy mentality and our failure to do the basics 

• Like 2