Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 2-0 Leicester - Post Match Thread

Why do we continually give the ball away in midfield? It put our creaking defence under constant pressure. Only KDH not guilty last night. It's fair enough if we lose the ball in a tackle but we seem to play a few tippy tappy passes that go nowhere then needlessly pass the ball to the opposition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxgas said:

Why do we continually give the ball away in midfield? It put our creaking defence under constant pressure. Only KDH not guilty last night. It's fair enough if we lose the ball in a tackle but we seem to play a few tippy tappy passes that go nowhere then needlessly pass the ball to the opposition.

I think even he passed it straight to Salah for a one on one which Kasper saved. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, adam said:

Very optimistic that. We're 10 points behind tottenham who are 7th. We're not catching them.  We've won 5 league games since the start of October. We've been knocked out of the europa league when we couldn't of got an easier group and knocked out the FA Cup by a championship side. The season has been a complete disaster.  These so called quality players have not performed so far this season so what makes you think they will start now.

Though your correct on every point, it’s not spurs that are the aim.. we ain’t catching them IMO, it’s more likely West Ham will slide back I think.

We are playing so poor that 7th will be tough but win our game in hand, and we are not to far off. 

As unlikely as that is, a couple of back to back wins which “could” happen, gets the confidence back we could see a different vibe over the final third.

6 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

Brendan won’t be sacked. We’re 12th with 3 games in hand over some teams. We could find ourselves 7th-10th by the end of the season and with a europa league spot again if things go well in the conference league. For a club like ours that is totally acceptable. I’ve seen people likening this season with the season after we won the PL and Claudio got the sack. This isn’t like that. We were actually going down with Claudio in charge. There is no way we’ll go down this season. We’ve got far too many quality players who on their day can win us football matches. We’ve had a poor season, no doubt. But let’s not get carried away. A rebuild in the summer will do the trick and we’ll go again next season 👍🏻

I don't think we'll go down but having quality isn't what will stop that. You've referenced Ranieri who had Vardy and Mahrez and was taking us down so yeah quality isn't everything. Mahrez was a considerably bigger game changer than anyone we currently have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxgas said:

He have the ball the salah for him to run 1 on 1 didn’t he?

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I don't think we'll go down but having quality isn't what will stop that. You've referenced Ranieri who had Vardy and Mahrez and was taking us down so yeah quality isn't everything. Mahrez was a considerably bigger game changer than anyone we currently have.

Mahrez was a game changer I agree. But he had a lack of desire when things didn’t go well. He was amazing in the title winning season but I don’t recall him doing much for 2/3 of the survival season the year before. He turned up when we turned up more often than not. That isn’t even my point anyway. This squad has far more quality than the 15/16 side in my opinion. That 15/16 team had far more fight and togetherness whereas this side has a tendency to go under when things go wrong. But we also possess players who will do something great and win us games. That’s shown by our goal scoring stats which are still top 6 despite us being bottom half.

11 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Mahrez was a game changer I agree. But he had a lack of desire when things didn’t go well. He was amazing in the title winning season but I don’t recall him doing much for 2/3 of the survival season the year before. He turned up when we turned up more often than not. That isn’t even my point anyway. This squad has far more quality than the 15/16 side in my opinion. That 15/16 team had far more fight and togetherness whereas this side has a tendency to go under when things go wrong. But we also possess players who will do something great and win us games. That’s shown by our goal scoring stats which are still top 6 despite us being bottom half.

My point is Mahrez had more ability to change a game than anyone we currently have (probably more than some of this currently lot combined) but we were still likely to go down weren't we. I'm not saying overall this squad isn't a lot better but quality isn't the be all and end all and teams with good squads will underachieve and overachieve all the time. Such as Pearsons side in the Championship after coming up from League 1, based on player ability we shouldn't have been near the playoffs. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

I think even he passed it straight to Salah for a one on one which Kasper saved. 

He did but he's so involved and trying to presss forward with pace that mistakes are going to happen and I can forgive that. Contrast that with Tielemans lethargic displays who gives the ball away via sloppy passing and there's a difference. Yes, Tielemans is capable of a defence splitting slide rule pass but you have to suffer quite a bit of mediocrity throughout an entire game to witness it if it materialises at all. At this moment in time KDH is of far more use and I can forgive the odd wayward pass because of his overall contribution. 

• Like 1

Decided to watch the re-run. 

It was crap, we just went out from minute dot to keep the score down. 

The seasons over, and there’s absolutely no way Rodgers can turn this around. Let’s just hope we’ve got enough points to stay up! 

The side just looks lost and bereft of any confidence at all. 

11 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I didn't really expect any more given our previous performance, in fact I thought we might get walloped.

That’s the problem we waved the white flag from the start, it was damage limitation, 2-0 doesn’t sound that bad, the reality is it should of been a lot more

3 hours ago, foxgas said:

KDH gave the ball away to allow Salah to go through one on one with Schmeichel 

Edited by tickler28

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The longer this goes on the more I think thank **** we got those jammy wins over Wolves, Norwich and Brentford. Without them I think we're in a relegation battle.

We could still end up in one come the end of the season. I just can’t see where wins are going to come from if Rodgers is kept.

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Ridiculous that this season is basically half way and it's a full write off for us. 

Have no idea what's happened but we've lost all of our spark, our pressure and creativity.  

After the highs of last year I'm actually shocked at how we've got to a point where most don't care if BR stays or goes, and many want him out. 

The fact the PR team is pumping out content of him being a great manager must show they're getting worried

Its not a write off yet as we are not safe from relegation until we win at least 5 more matches

Agree we are not safe from relegation. If we continue to line up with the emphasis on defence and one isolated striker up front I think we will struggle to average a point a game. Brendan said we were competitive last night - I assume he means that the team tried hard but the substitutes bench had the attacking midfielders and at no point did we look like we were set up to win the game.

F,or all those saying Rogers must go, Top has to act,, simple truth is we, as a club, cant afford to sack him.  He is on such a massive contract, on such a ridiculous wage we cannot afford to sack him and pay him off.  So, unless Rogers goes of his own accord which he wont he aint getting sacked or going anywhere.

Just now, suffolk fox said:

F,or all those saying Rogers must go, Top has to act,, simple truth is we, as a club, cant afford to sack him.  He is on such a massive contract, on such a ridiculous wage we cannot afford to sack him and pay him off.  So, unless Rogers goes of his own accord which he wont he aint getting sacked or going anywhere.

If we cannot afford to sack him how can we afford his 10m a year wages?

1 minute ago, suffolk fox said:

Unless he has a performance clause?

First half was ok, corners aside. Plenty of work rate and kept our shape well.

Second half for me was awful and we were lucky not to get well beaten. We became sloppy and had very little desire to try and get forward.

Rodgers seems happy with the reaction, and there was a reaction, but it's going to take a lot more than that to convince people that we can turn a corner.

• Like 2