Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 2-0 Leicester - Post Match Thread

13 minutes ago, Ricey said:

First half was ok, corners aside. Plenty of work rate and kept our shape well.

Second half for me was awful and we were lucky not to get well beaten. We became sloppy and had very little desire to try and get forward.

Rodgers seems happy with the reaction, and there was a reaction, but it's going to take a lot more than that to convince people that we can turn a corner.

I think klopp got into his players at HT - Elliott and salah for firmino and Jones improved them 

they pressed us much better second half than first 

our tactics were to just hang on in there and try to nick a point - I can’t argue with that at anfield, especially given where we’ve been recently. 

that won’t be our methodology in most other games 

28 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Because he doesn't get paid £10m in one lump sum. 

And also because we then have to hire another manager who won’t work for free.

44 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If we cannot afford to sack him how can we afford his 10m a year wages?

Paying his salary is not a problem, its budgeted for. If we sack him we have to find 20 or 30 million to pay up his contract. Then find another 10 or 20 to bring in another manager. Who comes with no Guarantees. When you add to that , any Manager with a name will want a decent spending budget also.

This is at a time when we have commitments to pay of Seagrove and the kp expansion. Though I guess the kp could be deferred until later.

Timing is everything and assuming results don't fall of a cliff we may just let him work down his Contract at least until the Summer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Paying his salary is not a problem, its budgeted for. If we sack him we have to find 20 or 30 million to pay up his contract. Then find another 10 or 20 to bring in another manager. Who comes with no Guarantees. When you add to that , any Manager with a name will want a decent spending budget also.

This is at a time when we have commitments to pay of Seagrove and the kp expansion. Though I guess the kp could be deferred until later.

Timing is everything and assuming results don't fall of a cliff we may just let him work down his Contract at least until the Summer.

I would be surprised if we had to pay off the entirety of his contract, as that isn't normally how it works. They'll be a clause or we would reach a settlement figure.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I would be surprised if we had to pay off the entirety of his contract, as that isn't normally how it works. They'll be a clause or we would reach a settlement figure.

The club was desperate for him to sign a new contract (as were many on here) so you can bet your life its watertight. Sacking him and his team would be very expensive indeed. Probably one of the most expensive ever.

53 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Yes you are quite right it's usually settled by agreement .  If they take up another job that can have a mitigating effect also.

Either way it's going to be expensive at a time we can least afford it. And the elephant in the room is who is perceived better than him that we can get in.

Or do we pluck someone from obscurity with promise like Cooper. That's the Dilemma.

I’m confused by Liverpool fans. They say it is impossible to compete with Man City because they have spent too much but don’t seem to realise they get most of their wins because they have a more expensive squad than most in this league. Their squad is double the value of ours, their players are so much better, but they moan we were defensive. When you are in a fragile state like us it’s the only way you can play it.

4 minutes ago, 09bballer said:

At least we've completed our matches against the top 2 now!

This is true and yet another reason that we’re not going to get sucked into the relegation zone. It is (obviously) incredibly unusual to have played 21 games and played the top 2 twice. And in fact there’s every chance that after 22 games we’ll have played 3 of the top 4 twice. Plenty of winnable games left even with a demoralised club limping towards the end of the season.

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

This is true and yet another reason that we’re not going to get sucked into the relegation zone. It is (obviously) incredibly unusual to have played 21 games and played the top 2 twice. And in fact there’s every chance that after 22 games we’ll have played 3 of the top 4 twice. Plenty of winnable games left even with a demoralised club limping towards the end of the season.

I thank you for your optimistic post.

24 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

I’m confused by Liverpool fans. They say it is impossible to compete with Man City because they have spent too much but don’t seem to realise they get most of their wins because they have a more expensive squad than most in this league. Their squad is double the value of ours, their players are so much better, but they moan we were defensive. When you are in a fragile state like us it’s the only way you can play it.

Liverpool fans last night only seemed like they were there to see Salah. 

Biggest cheers of the night other than the goals was when he came out to warm up and then when he came on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Supergray22 said:

At least we showed some fight and spirit. I was worried when I saw albrighton starting but should have known not to doubt him. Personifies grit and tenacity. Schmeichel kept the score acceptable. Now we move on and support the foxes. 

That should be the bare minimum ffs. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, teblin said:

Love albrighton for his work ethic and endeavour. Sets a tone.

just wish he didn’t give the ball away as much as he does.(he’s not the only one)

I agree. Seemed more noticeable second half last night, but presumably because he was tiring after his good first half. 

35 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Liverpool fans last night only seemed like they were there to see Salah. 

Biggest cheers of the night other than the goals was when he came out to warm up and then when he came on. 

they are a strange bunch for sure, they called his name as if he had come back from a 2 year long career threatening injury not because he'd been away playing in a month long tournament in which he lost in the final, they really try the big we are the best fans & family orientated club we really look after our own clobbers. I wonder if they boo Mane when he comes out in support of Salah.

33 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

His compensation is said to be a year of his salary - £8m to £10m

The board need to pay up and go again. I appreciate its not my money so it's easy for me to say but he's not turning this around any time soon and we'd benefit from bringing someone in with fresh ideas.

You never know, if we do bring someone in who can instill a bit of confidence back into the team and we can go on a run some of those who desperately want out might rediscover themselves and actually have a change of heart. Wishful thinking maybe, but I genuinely think Rodgers has become the reason why many have downed tools and are looking to leave. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, jim5000 said:

No fight

No desire

No character

No plan

Didnt threaten Liverpool once

Rodgers setup in entirely damage limitation mode with zero ambition for anything other than avoiding a 5-0 drubbing.

The team is a shadow of its former self, no belief, no ‘f*** you, we’re Leicester!’

I can’t see how Rodgers can turn this around even with 2 or 3 signings

The team has lost its heart and with Vardy and Evans basically done and ready for retirement, and Kasper planning to follow them, it’s a characterless team

But OK apart from that?

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'm not an xG shagger or a stato by any stretch but this is absolutely awful. We're a crap team with awful stats. 

Haha I was saying this last night, Rodgers has lowered standards so much that a fair few people (myself included) considered that to be an alright performance lol

I didn't think we were great nor did we "respond". We had a couple half decent chances but nothing clear cut. Kasper kept the score from being 5-0.

Daka is too weak to play alone, I said it after the Brighton game but I'm amazed how easy he's thrown off the ball. We need someone that can hold it, especially going to places like Anfield with only one up front.

• Like 1